Joey/Kym: 56

FORT Newbie

Re: 5/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Standings:

Apolo/Julianne: 58
    Joey/Kym: 56
    Laila/Maks: 55

Thanks Schmoo... I think someone earlier said that Maks and Laila had a 26? on their freestyle? that would put them in 3rd... can hardly wait to see this!!
    Tahoe bound....

I like Laila's first dance.

I was disappointed with Apolo's. IT was missing a flow...it was too jerky. THey had a lot of tricks though.

Joey's was diasppointing too. The music was horrid and his steps were off or something. There were hesitations and it did NOT look like a cha cha cha to me.

The freestyle dances were all blah to me. Well Joey's may have been better but I missed most of it taking muffins out of the oven. I think from what I saw it was the best of the three performances

Has anyone tried to vote online tonight?
    I've never voted before and it's taking forever for the page to open for me.
    I don't know if the ABC site is having problems due to traffic on the Bachelor message board.

ETA, OK, managed to get all my votes in now

I haven't been able to get any votes in on abc.com.
    its just awful tonight.

It took a long time for me, fluff. I waited about 5 minutes for the page to open and I had a few error messages when I tried to vote, but it finally did work. I'm sure they're having problems because of this show and the Bachelor.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I thought Joey's dance was great, I really enjoyed that.

After watching Maks and Laila's freestyle, all I can say is "wow".

Soooo disappointing and lackluster. The judges were right, Laila should have played to her strengths, and Maks should have choreographed to those strengths. And oh my, oh my, Maks. Prior to this season, I could take him or leave him, he didn't really do anything for me. But this season, he cleaned himself up better, got rid of the greasy hair style, and his demeanor seemed to be more humble or at least not as arrogant, so I had started to warm up to him somewhat. But his mouth in recent episodes had really started to irritate me, and this freestyle dance finally did it for me. I'm officially on the "don't like him at all" side now. The choreography was lackluster, and seemed geared more to showing himself off more than Laila. And what was with the hanging suspenders? Was he trying to channel my old great-grandpappy at the end of a long day plowing the back forty? There wasn't one exciting -- or even interesting -- move in that whole FS dance, from either one of them. And the Michael Jackson crotch-grabbing, in my humble opinion, should auto-electrocute any dancer who does it. And the end part where Laila tore his shirt off.... you've got to be kidding me. Maks seems to have crossed the line and forgotten his place, and has decided to star himself and his chest in all dances now. It certainly served no other purpose.

That FS was quite simply... pathetic. And Maks needs to get himself an attitude adjustment over the hiatus and realize he's the pro dancer partner, he is NOT the celeb/star, and he needs to showcase his partner, not himself. I don't find arrogance sexy in the least.

Ok, all who love Maks, let your rocks fly at my head if you feel like tossing them, I don't mind taking the flak. But I stand firm in my opinion of him now.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread