+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 5/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoiler**

Re: 5/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoiler**

Grateful left-coaster here too! Thanks for lettings us know the final 3. I think Ian tried harder than Laila, and I also think he was, in the end, as good or better than her. But, they wanted a woman in the finals and she was the best of the women. I think she is certainly not a bad dancer, but just not up to par with Joey and Apolo.....and, as I said earlier, think she was about equal to Ian. But, you never know......Laila could have her father's fanbase votes---and you have to remember that Joey was in the bottom 2 just last week, so his fan base has let him down in the past........
    "Well-behaved Women Seldom Make History" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

"Always shoot for the moon. That way, even if you fall short you are still among the stars!"
    (Don't remember who said this, I just like it )

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Christiii;2393911;
    Boo!! Am I the only one who thought Ian was better than Leila?
    I mean, Leila was a'ight, but she looked kind of clunky and ungraceful to me.
    I agree, Leila is OK, but I don't find her exciting. She's kind of stayed the same.
    I'm hoping for Apolo all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2394051;
    .... Ian danced his best last night. He improved quite a bit, but it was too little, too late.
    Exactly the same thing I was telling my husband, kat. Too little, too late.

Okay, and now everyone can prepare to throw stones at me because I have to say, and am apparently the only one who thinks this.... that I really thought Ian's Elvis routine was so stupid. Perhaps it's partly because I'm not an Elvis fan and partly because I've grown to dislike Ian himself, but to me that bit was just stupid. But since he and everyone else seemed to be really jazzed over it, then at least he can leave thinking he finished at his best.

But I'm really glad he's gone now. And I will give him his props for going out with grace, class, and good sportsmanship in his reaction and speech after being told he and Cheryl were eliminated. He left a good last impression with that, so good on him. Cheryl matched him in the same class, grace, and good sportsmanship, but then I would have expected nothing less from her. And at least I got the chance to finally understand the story behind the discomfort between him and Cheryl in the beginning, and glad he was smart enough to listen to his friends and figure out that he needed to change the way he was with her. (watchers of E! know what I'm talking about, what we learned in the THS special and interview snippets with Ian and a couple of his friends in the news segments later) But again.. too little, too late to impress me for that. But he went out with style, and that scored him some points.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Always shoot for the moon. That way, even if you fall short you are still among the stars!"
    The author is Les Brown... a relatively famous motivational speaker
    Tahoe bound....

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Christiii;2393911;
    Boo!! Am I the only one who thought Ian was better than Leila?
    I mean, Leila was a'ight, but she looked kind of clunky and ungraceful to me.
    No, you're not the only one. I was expecting them to get eliminated, but I'm still sad about it, and would much rather watch them than Laila (and I think I'm one of the only people that doesn't like Max, either). Right now I'm hoping Apollo/Julianne take it all. And Joey/Kim in second.

FORT Newbie

I think this is the first time that I think that all of the top 3 contenders deserve to win this. It will definitely be a good show and I will be happy with whomever wins. I just wish there could be 3 trophies!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2394151;
    No, you're not the only one. I was expecting them to get eliminated, but I'm still sad about it, and would much rather watch them than Laila (and I think I'm one of the only people that doesn't like Max, either). Right now I'm hoping Apollo/Julianne take it all. And Joey/Kim in second.
    I have a totally different opinion. I like watching Laila more than Ian, and I want Joey to take first, while Apollo gets second.

FORT Fogey

I love Laila and Maksim! I hope they go all the way.

FORT Newbie

And at least I got the chance to finally understand the story behind the discomfort between him and Cheryl in the beginning, and glad he was smart enough to listen to his friends and figure out that he needed to change the way he was with her. (watchers of E! know what I'm talking about, what we learned in the THS special and interview snippets with Ian and a couple of his friends in the news segments later)
    Nemeses,
    Can you elaborate? I'm still puzzled by the alleged discomfort (or whatever else it's been called) between Ian and Cheryl.

That was sad to watch Ian and Cheryl went out with lots of class.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread