+ Reply to Thread
Page 240 of 241 FirstFirst ... 140190230231232233234235236237238239240241 LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2409
Like Tree506Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

FORT Fogey

Re: DWTS Media Thread

I agree with the article but they are wrong about Maks. He didn't want to come back the past 2 seasons, it wasn't that they didn't bring him back. He had other options. We could see him next season, it was just he had contracted to do some things that probably interested him more.

I think they will have to replace the judges slowly if that ever becomes a plan. Rotate the old judges with new ones as they did this season but get dance experts that have never been on the show. Paula Abdul would be my first choice and with that one, just get rid of Carrie Ann and let Paula give it a whirl. She could easily be too soft, as she was on AI but worth a shot.
    jucamer likes this.

I like Paula Abdul and her dance knowledge, but I don't know if she knows that much about ballroom, which is where I want to see the focus stay. Does anyone else know about her experience in ballroom?

I'd like to see Carrie Ann replaced first, soon, and by a professional ballroom dancer or judge. Even if some people don't know their names, some viewers didn't know much about the pro dancers or judges when the show started, but it didn't take long before we did.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I agree with the article but they are wrong about Maks. He didn't want to come back the past 2 seasons, it wasn't that they didn't bring him back. He had other options. We could see him next season, it was just he had contracted to do some things that probably interested him more.

I think they will have to replace the judges slowly if that ever becomes a plan. Rotate the old judges with new ones as they did this season but get dance experts that have never been on the show. Paula Abdul would be my first choice and with that one, just get rid of Carrie Ann and let Paula give it a whirl. She could easily be too soft, as she was on AI but worth a shot.
    What did Maks do? I haven't seen him in one thing, perhaps he could have done both?( the grass is always greener)

Funny, on another forum they said viewership was up, and DWTS beat The Voice one night.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Maks has a couple of movies coming out, one filming and one in pre-production. He also did a few episodes of General Hospital and a several other tv series guest star acting roles. He did the Broadway musical Forever Tangoe and he is host of a Ukrainian tv game show called, The Cube.. He seems to be keeping busy, especially when you add in the dance studio he and Tony own.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I like Paula Abdul and her dance knowledge, but I don't know if she knows that much about ballroom, which is where I want to see the focus stay. Does anyone else know about her experience in ballroom?

I'd like to see Carrie Ann replaced first, soon, and by a professional ballroom dancer or judge. Even if some people don't know their names, some viewers didn't know much about the pro dancers or judges when the show started, but it didn't take long before we did.
    The idea of a professional dancer or judge on paper or the surface sounds very good; however, I have to throw in a thought here. Those folks are used to serious dancers - dancers who know their stuff, so to speak, and who are used to professional type competitions. On the other hand and of course, the celebrity dancers we have albeit a mixed group are anything but that kind of accomplished. The ringers - in whatever degree they come - are somewhat accomplished, but even they aren't to that kind of level. The rest of them range from naturally talented to sometimes out and out clunkers - God love 'em.
    I think it might have been hard enough in the beginning for Len to start judging while juggling the concept that this was an entertainment show that was loosely themed around competitive dancing.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Maks has a couple of movies coming out, one filming and one in pre-production. He also did a few episodes of General Hospital and a several other tv series guest star acting roles. He did the Broadway musical Forever Tangoe and he is host of a Ukrainian tv game show called, The Cube.. He seems to be keeping busy, especially when you add in the dance studio he and Tony own.
    I guess I missed all that. I saw him on The Bethany show( it was awful) I thought Karina did forever tango with him. Oh well, good luck to him, I just don't see him as an actor I guess
    -Andy Rooney-

Karina did do Forever Tango and it was actually Maks who did it with her. She was the one who was asked and then asked Maks to dance with her.

Mark Ballas has a video interview at HuffPo where he talks about training for the show and quitting smoking, and his work with a group called Blueprint to Quit:

HuffPost Live
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I enjoyed it, and his candor. Thanks MFW
    -Andy Rooney-

In a former life I had occasion to work a bit with Paula Abdul; ummm, no, we don't want her on DWTS, trust me...

My wishes for next season: Marla Maples to be a contestant, she would be great and is a sweetheart; Len there at least part of the time, he is a cornerstone of the whole show; one of the production/set design people from Strictly Come Dancing to come over and bring some of their amazing designs, and one of the adorable girls in the Troupe to be promoted to Pro...
    GabbyG likes this.

+ Reply to Thread