+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWtS In The Media

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    DWTS is a live competition show, so the only 'spoiling' that could happen is the east coast spoiling the west coast on show night.

So Kym's not really 'leaving' so much as taking this season off to work on a project in Australia. And it's good to hear Chelsie is coming back, I really missed her.

The article also confirms that the cast reveal will happen on Sep. 4th.
    Ahh. Good to know. I know with dramas like Downton Abbey, cast changes have to be spoilers, so I wasn't sure what applied here.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Yes, some of the 'Stars' are very questionable, but then again they have to be able to pretty much take up to four months off to do the show and all the promos and so on- pretty tough for a working celebrity to do in most cases...plus the physical demands and pressures, I wouldn't want to try it (in front of millions of people!).

WetPaint has some info on the pros today:

For fans of the female Dancing With the Stars pros, this week has been full of disappointments. Fan faves Kym Johnson, Anna Trebunskaya, and Chelsie Hightower are all reportedly not returning to the show for Season 17, which caused some groans around the DWTS fandoms. Of course, just because they're out this season doesn't mean they can't return in the future in fact, there's a long history of pros doing just that.

To help ourselves feel between about beloved pros departing, here's a roundup of pros who have taken a season or more off, only to return even awesomer than before!

Alec Mazo. This much-missed hottie had a scattered run, taking parts in Seasons 1, 4, 5, 7, and 9.

Anna Trebunskaya. Nervous because Anna has been out for two seasons now? Don't worry, it's not the first time after joining in Season 2 she missed Season 3 and 4, as well as 7 and 8.

Ashly DelGrosso. One of the original DWTS pros, Ashly left the show after Season 3, returning for a single season during Season 10.

Chelsie Hightower. This isn't the first break Chelsie's taken: after joining the show in Season 7, she took a season off during Season 13, and returned for seasons 14-15.

Dmitry Chaplin. This sexy Russian was in for Seasons 8 and 9, then out for a while. He returned once more for Season 12, though unfortunately has not been seen as a competitor on the show since.

Derek Hough. Even the wonder boy of the ballroom has taken a break: he did not take part in Season 12 (he joined the show in Season 5).

Jonathan Roberts. Another original dancer, Jonathan stayed with the show until Season 9, but missed out on Seasons 3 and 7.

Karina Smirnoff. Karina joined in Season 3, and has been a consistent competitor, but even she took a break, for Season 10.

Kym Johnson. This is also not Kym's first time missing a season: After joining in Season 3, she took Season 10 off.

Lacey Schwimmer. Lacey hasn't been seen as a competing pro since Season 13 (miss ya, Lace!). Prior to that, she participated in Seasons 6-13, with the exception of Season 10.

Louis Van Amstel. This pro has been with the show since Season 1, but has was out for Seasons 3, 4, 7,8, 13, 14, 15, and 16. We hope to see him back in Season 17!

Maksim Chmerkovskiy. After joining the show in Season 2, Maks took a break for Season 6, and then came back for nine straight seasons. He dropped out again for Season 16; time will tell if he returns a second time.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I guess we know at least why Anna isn't back this season:

Dancing With the Stars' Anna Trebunskaya Pregnant With First Child! | E! Online

This is cause for a celebration, or at least a victory dance!

E! News can confirm that Dancing With the Stars' Anna Trebunskaya is expecting her first child.

A rep for the professional dancer explains that Trebunskaya is approximately four months along and will not be competing on the hit dancing competition show this season.

No word yet on whether she'll return to the ballroom next season. Us Weekly was the first to report of Trebunskaya's future new role as a mother.

The good news keeps coming for the ABC series, on Wednesday the official cast for the upcoming 17th season was unveiled.
    And boy, does this look like one you don't want to miss.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

No Maks. Still no me.
    jucamer likes this.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I guess we know at least why Anna isn't back this season:

Dancing With the Stars' Anna Trebunskaya Pregnant With First Child! | E! Online
    I'm sad it's not with Jonathan. Wonder who the baby daddy is?

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I was just getting ready to post this news! I'm happy for Anna - she's going to be a great mum.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Tristan and Valerie are on The View Tuesday. I stopped watching this show - but I will tune in to see these two
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't watch either unless someone I want to see is on, which in this case, there is. I'll try to catch their segment with my remote.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I have my PVR set. I can FF through the rest of the show
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

CONGRATS TO ANNA!

SO excited for her!

And I just saw this (otherwise, I would've DVR'd it, too!), so anybody who caught Tris and Val on The View, Puh-LEESE fill us in and give us the lowdown on their appearance earlier today!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread