+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree506Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Karina was interviewed and said the same thing.
    We really don't need a 4th judge. Watch how this plays out, it will be lie AI all over again( sigh)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    We really don't need a 4th judge. Watch how this plays out, it will be lie AI all over again( sigh)
    What was said abouth the 4th judge? Thanks!

BTW, I have enjoyed the time or two when they have had a visiting judge.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    What was said about the 4th judge? Thanks!

BTW, I have enjoyed the time or two when they have had a visiting judge.
    They haven't said who, just that there will be one. I don't see where there is time for them all to talk.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

They haven't said who, just that there will be one. I don't see where there is time for them all to talk.
    That's part of Tom's job! Like Ryan on American Idol, Tom gets to "hurry" things along, even if it means cutting one of the judges off when he/she isn't really finished. For the sake of drama and entertainment, the two of them will let a squabble develop and go on for a bit between the judges, but if Tom or Ryan think what the judge has to say is going on too long, he will break in and direct the course of action to where he thinks it is supposed to be.

I think if DWTS goes to 4 judges, Tom will be instructed to stay on top of keeping the judges' comments to whatever length of time they are given under the new format.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    That's part of Tom's job! Like Ryan on American Idol, Tom gets to "hurry" things along, even if it means cutting one of the judges off when he/she isn't really finished. For the sake of drama and entertainment, the two of them will let a squabble develop and go on for a bit between the judges, but if Tom or Ryan think what the judge has to say is going on too long, he will break in and direct the course of action to where he thinks it is supposed to be.

I think if DWTS goes to 4 judges, Tom will be instructed to stay on top of keeping the judges' comments to whatever length of time they are given under the new format.
    We see too much of them now( and their little squabbles) he's going to have a heck of a job :
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

We see too much of them now( and their little squabbles) he's going to have a heck of a job :
    Overall new tight schedule with almost new panel of judges....I suspect the judges will be prepped by the producers before hand that they have a limited time to make comments. It is conceivable that they are given some kind of a (within) time limit in which to make those comments. Tom appears to be reading or at least looking at cue cards, so it may be that if a particular judge gets too close to going over his 'time limit', Tom begins to reign him in.
    I just think the producers are going to think ahead and have that base covered since it was a problem that sometimes threatened to get out of control under the old premise.

On American Idol, Mariah Carey was reigned in by the producers. She even made a comment about it on one of the shows. With a one night format, four judges is one judge too many - imo.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I've been seeing articles on MSN that DWTS has invited Paula Deen to be on the next season. Ugh! I can't stand that woman. Even before the recent firestorm against her because of her racial comments, she just rubbed me the wrong way. Why does DWTS feel like they have to have controversial (i.e. HATED) people on the show??? It makes me feel like they're manipulating their audience, drumming up drama to get viewers, and I'm tempted to skip watching this season to send a message loud and clear to them that I see through their little games and I don't appreciate it.

I'm praying Paula Deen turns them down so I don't have to watch her.

There are plenty of other stars I'd rather see on the show.
    Florimel likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

I think ABC would be committing TV suicide if they had her on- you know there would be boos and protests, vote rigging and on and on....I do think they are sort of overdoing the 'punishment' she is getting, but it just would not be a good thing for the show...There have to be any number of former Miss USAs and Playmates out there looking for work...
    pikachu likes this.

Looks like Karina and Maks are dancing together again on Broadway in Forever Tango.

Photo Coverage: Karina Smirnoff and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Unveil FOREVER TANGO Cupcake at Sprinkles

+ Reply to Thread