+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWtS In The Media

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I know they don't technically count as AS, but I'd love to see Jewel and Nancy O'Dell get another chance. They were sidelined by injuries in season 8 before the premiere. I've seen some people mention Misty May-Treanor, and I agree with her as well. While we won't ever really know how any of these ladies would have done in their respective seasons, since they're up against a new group, I'd still like to see them get the chance to finish what they started. Some early ousters I'd like to see (good dancers and bad) are the model Anna was partnered with season 5 (can't remember his name but he was pretty good and had a fun sense of humor), Paulina Porizkova, who I think might have done better if she was competing today, Shannon Dorehty, Petra Nemcova, Steve Guttenberg, Sugar Ray Leonard, Florence Henderson (without Corky), Rachel Hunter...assuming they go through with this, I'd like to think they'd pick an even amount from throughout the seasons, and not just focus on the recent few. I also think attempting to partner former celebs and their pros is like them believing it'll be exactly the same as before and creating that same kind of magic and chemistry they had before.

On the majority of AS shows, my previous favorites wind up annoying me to the point where I'm rooting against them and can't believe I ever liked them in the first place, and then there are those that I couldn't stand before that I either start rooting for or who annoy me even more. I'd rather just keep my memories. If they wanted to do a one night special or results show performances with already eliminated pros and their previous partners, I'd be okay with that. I feel an AS season is coming, but I truly hope not.

You're right about that Kara - I had the same experience with Survivor Allstars. I LOVED Colby - but ended up being disappointed & disliking him in the AS season. I love Erin and Maks but if they got together for an AS I know it wouldn't be the same. Better to remember them on their season. I might be OK with the stars dancing with a different pro??
    karalott and mushybrain like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    I totally agree. Once was good, but a recycled contestants are boring. They got voted off previously for a reason...
    The only folks I'd be even the slightest bit interested in watching are the ones who were great in Week 1 or 2 but got voted out early because of smaller fanbases being spread too thin. I would've liked to have seen how Chynna Phillips or Kristin Cavalari progressed. No other names come to mind right now... I don't have a great memory.
    I honestly dont care to see any of them back. It's never the same( for me) so this could be the season I don't bother to watch.I want to finish this one, I really am enjoying it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Gavin DeGraw is coming back to DWTS to sing on the results show this wee. This should b fun!

Also, for classical night we get little Jackie Evancho as the vocalist. This 12 year old has done a duet with Katherine in the past and blows away the pathetic band's singers. I'm really looking forward to this week. Last time they did classical week with Katherine singing it was my favorite show of the season.

Link to the article is here:
    ‘Dancing With the Stars’: Jackie Evancho, Gavin DeGraw to perform – The TV Guy – Orlando Sentinel
    ilja and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    Gavin DeGraw is coming back to DWTS to sing on the results show this wee. This should b fun!

Also, for classical night we get little Jackie Evancho as the vocalist. This 12 year old has done a duet with Katherine in the past and blows away the pathetic band's singers. I'm really looking forward to this week. Last time they did classical week with Katherine singing it was my favorite show of the season.

‘Dancing With the Stars’: Jackie Evancho, Gavin DeGraw to perform – The TV Guy – Orlando Sentinel
    I am happy Gavin will be back so soon! and Jackie has a beautiful voice. Thanks DancingDad.I too am looking forward to classical week
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post

She was the girl on America's Got Talent a few seasons ago, right? I've seen her on various shows, and she certainly has a set of pipes on her. Especially considering she's so young. I heard Louis and Karina will be dancing to whatever song Gavin DeGraw sings.

You're right about that Kara - I had the same experience with Survivor Allstars. I LOVED Colby - but ended up being disappointed & disliking him in the AS season. I love Erin and Maks but if they got together for an AS I know it wouldn't be the same. Better to remember them on their season. I might be OK with the stars dancing with a different pro??
    Colby was one of the ones I was thinking of when I wrote that. He seemed so bored and disinterested his third time doing Survivor, it made me wonder why he even came back. I know his season of Survivor, and even the first AS he did, was several years ago, but still, I felt like he wondered why he was even back. The first Survivor AS was such a mess of egos. You'd think those people were playing the very first season.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    She was the girl on America's Got Talent a few seasons ago, right? I've seen her on various shows, and she certainly has a set of pipes on her. Especially considering she's so young. I heard Louis and Karina will be dancing to whatever song Gavin DeGraw sings.
    Yup, that's the one. She sang with Katherine for the lighting of the Rockefeller Center Christmas, then did a command performance for Obama at the National Christmas Tree lighting ceremony.

That's great that we get Louis dancing with Karina to Gavin's music. This will be a great week!
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Love, love, love that Gavin is coming back to sing. I wish he could perform like 10 songs. I wonder which one he will sing. Probably Not Over You because that's his latest hit, although I like Soldier more from his newest album.
    karalott likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Karina is dancing with Tristan when Jackie Evancho sings "Dark Waltz" on Monday. She was performing yesterday at the Lincoln Center with that ballet dancer she did a pro number with a couple weeks ago, and Tristan practiced with Emma Slater (who's in the troupe). I assume he was choreographing the dance and Karina was gone - so he worked with Emma and will practice with Karina when she's available. He also did an interview with Dance Junkies tv - something like that, answering questions, like Val did last week. They have a pre-show-party interview every week, and in the past they've had Tony and Louis on there. They always have Elena Grinenko who partnered Clyde Drexler way back in the day. She's lovely - I wonder why they dropped her?

And I think I remember reading that Gavin was performing his new song "Sweeter"
    DancingDad likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Order for tonight:

1) Katherine/Mark (rumba)
    3) William/Cheryl (VW-I'm surprised they have William going so early)
    5) Donald/Peta (VW)
    6) Maria/Derek (Paso)

Team Tango is dancing first and Team Paso second, so I'm going to guess Melissa/Maks are dancing last. Derek's team has never lost the team dance since it started in season 7 (I thought he did in season 11), but the last dance has often been the winner. They may just do like season 12 and call it a tie. I think paso is more crowd pleasing and tango can be off if you aren't in sync with each.

+ Reply to Thread