+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DWtS In The Media

Re: DWtS In The Media

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2393203;
    Aren't you all excited to see what "c" level celebrities they will find for the next chapter of dancing with the stars? Maybe Lance Bass, or Alfonso R. (from Fresh Prince)! I saw his face yesterday.. he's itching to get a shot at this.

I know Mike Greenburg (or maybe it's Greenberg, don't know) from ESPN wants to be on the next go round.

How sis Alfonso R. do in the singing with celebrities thing?

I can actually think of quite a few folks I'd love to see dancing.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

I loathe those cavemen. Early cancelation.

I can't wait to see who is lined up for DWTS. I've really liked this cast, although would have liked to see one or two of them last longer (Paulina comes to mind).
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

FORT Fogey

I was such a huge fan of last season with Jerry Springer, Joey, Emmit, Mario, and the girl from High School Musical. I was wondering how'd the show producers could match that.

I don't think they did - I don't think it is reproducable - but they've come very close. It is a good cast this season. I've enjoyed it a great deal (although not quite as much as last season).

I like the top 3. I would really like to see Laila win this because the show desperately needs a female victor, but Apolo and Joey are going to be touch to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2393203;
    Aren't you all excited to see what "c" level celebrities they will find for the next chapter of dancing with the stars? Maybe Lance Bass, or Alfonso R. (from Fresh Prince)! I saw his face yesterday.. he's itching to get a shot at this.

Alfonso would have a majorly unfair advantage--more than even the boy-banders. He's a professional tap dancer from way back. As a child he had the lead role in The Tap Dance Kid.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

This season's cast, with the horrendous exception of Mills, who should never have been cast, was a pretty good one, so I look forward to seeing who they get for season 5. They've managed to retain a B-list casting (again with the notable exception of Mills) from the beginning, and it's more popular now than it was during season 1, so they should have a good crop to choose from -- and they shouldn't have to go with a gimmick ever again. (shame on you, DWtS producers for this season's cheesy stunt :nono)

I know that Donny Osmond has been hanging around the DWtS set a lot the past season.... I wouldn't mind seeing him on the show. But most of all, I hope that we don't have any more celebs pulling out of the show either during pre-season training or mid-season. The show has been around long enough, and the demands made known enough that any celeb who signs up should be smart enough to decide before signing whether they think they'll be able to handle it physically, schedule-wise, and mentally.

And for all the celebs who like to tell me each and every episode how busy they are and how hard it is to get in dance training time each week... we get it, you're busy people, you're doing us a favor by appearing each week on our tv sets. But let's assume the viewers know going in that all you celebs are busy people, and stop harping on it each episode, ok? I respect that you're a big shot with a busy schedule, but in my mind, if you commit to doing the show, then clear your schedule enough to get the job done. If you can't clear it enough, then don't sign to do the show. I'm tired of certain celebs complaining about it almost every episode. Give me, the DWtS viewer, the same committment you give to other areas in your celebrity world.

Dance, my little puppets, dance!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I started out this season disliking the cast. I didn't think it would measure up to the previous season. I was wrong. I even liked Mills and was sad that Paulina had to be the first to go. Paulina had a marvelous wit and I think her personality would have done well in the later part of the show.

I still not a fan of Laila's. She's ok, but something about her personality bugs me. I think it is her enormous... ego. I think Monique from last season is a better dancer that Laila, but unfortunately for her she had Louie as a partner and they just didn't click.

I agree that these celebritites need to really commit to the season. It is the producers fault this year for choosing a man who was obviously not up to the physcial requirements.

Donny Osmond would probably be very good, but he'd probably like something that requires singing rather than dancing.

All they really need to do is go back to popular series where the cast has disappeared from view, much like they did with Mario and Ian. Boy meets World, Melrose Place, Frazier, etc.
    Tahoe bound....

Now that Ian and Cheryl are gone I have no rooting interest in anyone. Pretty weak group.

I thought I saw a promo that DWTS will be featured on Larry King on CNN tonight at 9pm eastern.

FORT Fogey

I like the idea of Donny Osmand. It'd be killer if he danced to "Puppy Love".

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2398602;
    Donny Osmond would probably be very good, but he'd probably like something that requires singing rather than dancing.

All they really need to do is go back to popular series where the cast has disappeared from view, much like they did with Mario and Ian. Boy meets World, Melrose Place, Frazier, etc.
    Donny has always been as much about moves as songs, from as far back as the old days when The Osmond Brothers appeared on the Andy Williams show. And since he's been hanging around the DWtS set, and been seen doing some impromptu dancing with different people on the set, I think he'd be down for some dance training

As for going back to popular series for castmates who've disappeared from view.. that would be nice as long as they limit how many per season they do that from. After all, if they did only that, it would leave out people from other aspects of stardom, like singers, sports, etc. who never appeared in tv shows. Old tv show favorites can only go so far or it narrows the viewer base. (Can I add a personal plea to TPTB to please don't bring any ex-Aaron Spelling show cast members again, like Ian The Rodent?)
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

It seems like there is some formula that requires a few formerly popular actors, retired athletes... or at least not currently competing (like Apolo), former popular singers and then just "celebrities" ala Paris Hilton(don't do anything but be famous) and of course the "newscast" types.

Donny would be good, but he has lots of experience and would be a shoo in to win.

Don't forget the soaps... there are lots of actors/actresses to chose from there
    Tahoe bound....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast