+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree506Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I feel for Maks as he obviously is still hurt; and it's a shame that 15+ years of friendship was over because of a relationship that barely lasted a year.
    From a People February 2009 article after they announced their engagement:
    The bottom line is, I had a crush on Karina for years," says Maks.
    As they ascended the ranks of the pro dance world, racking up national titles, they competed against each other but never teamed up professionally or romantically. Says Karina: "I was giving him time to grow up." Laments Maks: "I was
    always little 'Maksusha'to her. I was a boy-I wasn't a man-for Karina."
    Possibly his feelings for her were stronger than her feelings for him? It's too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    From a People February 2009 article after they announced their engagement:

Possibly his feelings for her were stronger than her feelings for him? It's too bad.

Karina is dummmmmmmbbbb

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Karina is dummmmmmmbbbb
    I think she's very smart having seen how he treated Hope( and spoke to her)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Karina is dummmmmmmbbbb
    What's funny is that she said that Mario was the best relationship she ever had-despite Mario cheating on her and Karina crying to the press over how upset she was. And, she made that comment despite being with her current beau. Wouldn't the person you're with be the best relationship you've ever had? I think Maks was a rebound for her, and she loved the publicity and opporunities she got. That's when Karina seemed to move up in status on the show. Maybe she's finally found her one in her current finace; considering they pushed their wedding back, I'd be surprised if they ever get married, or if they stay together. Maybe she's waiting to see what kind of publicity she can get. I think Maks is better off. He's going to make some girl very happy one day, and I have no doubt he'll be an amazing dad. Given all I've read and heard about Hope, I have wonder if his sour attitude was related more to having to work with her (and not very pleasantly). I think they were just too much alike to deal with each other. I truly hope Maks isn't gone for good. He made valid points, even if he went about it the wrong way. The show won't be the same without him.
    AZChristian likes this.

Women's World Cup star Hope Solo exits 'DWTS' leaving her partner rooting for his ex

So I guess if Karina was reaching for someone's hand, it wasn't Maks's, though he looked down at that moment. Maybe she did grab it by accident I feel for Maks as he obviously is still hurt; and it's a shame that 15+ years of friendship was over because of a relationship that barely lasted a year. But, for those that were hoping he'd have a fit at Karina winning, at least he's big about it and rooting for J.R. They seem pretty friendly.
    I guess that settles that! I'm glad Maks is rooting for JR in spite of Karina. Keeping my fingers crossed for JR!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

What's funny is that she said that Mario was the best relationship she ever had-despite Mario cheating on her and Karina crying to the press over how upset she was. And, she made that comment despite being with her current beau. Wouldn't the person you're with be the best relationship you've ever had? I think Maks was a rebound for her, and she loved the publicity and opporunities she got. That's when Karina seemed to move up in status on the show. Maybe she's finally found her one in her current finace; considering they pushed their wedding back, I'd be surprised if they ever get married, or if they stay together. Maybe she's waiting to see what kind of publicity she can get. I think Maks is better off. He's going to make some girl very happy one day, and I have no doubt he'll be an amazing dad.
    That is a bit, um, odd. If I were her significant other, I think I'd be looking for the nearest exit.

I agree - I think Maks would make a great dad. He seems very family oriented.

'Dancing With the Stars': Hope Solo Skips Post-Elimination Publicity Tour - Hollywood Reporter

A show representative tells The Hollywood Reporter that the network decided to promote the final three competitors -- Ricki Lake, Rob Kardashian and J.R. Martinez -- before next week's finale and that the decision was made before the eliminated contestant was revealed.
    Hedging their bets, perhaps?

As if they didn't know who the final 3 were going to be when making that decision. What a bunch of BS.
    karalott, TIA__MA and jucamer like this.

JR did say on Kimmel that he was notified about the interviews in the morning before the show, and he wondered how they knew that he would be staying. Yes, the votes had been calculated so "THEY" knew and they pretty much let the cat out of the bag.
    jucamer likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Of course they knew, but do you truly think they honor the votes? I don't. They allow the judges to say 'whatever' and edit the packages in such a manner that I believe they control the outcome as much as possible, their main objective being to keep a combination of stars that will keep the viewers interested, be it sweetness, drama or dance routines. My enjoyment comes from the dancing.

It's gotten to the point that all the other factors upset me. The producers make me feel manipulated and insulted that I don't see what they're doing. I'm sad for what DWTS has become and that I need to give up watching it. Thank goodness I can enjoy the dancing via YouTube.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread