+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree506Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

FORT Fanatic

Re: DWTS Media Thread

So JR and Ricki are doing the same dance for both the team dance and their individual dance? JR/Tango, Ricki/Paso? Somehow that doesn't seem quite fair, but then this show hasn't been fair for quite some time, IMO, if it ever really was.

And should Ashley del Grosso have been held responsible because Master P couldn't dance? Or wouldn't even try? They can only do so much, they aren't miracle workers.

I like Derek, I think he is a wonderful dancer and choreographer, but just once I would like to see him given someone like Kate Gosselin, or Kim Kardashian, or someone of that caliber, so we can see if he's really all he's cracked up to be. I say it's much much easier for him to do great choreography when he has such capable partners, than it would be for him if he had someone like some of the partners Tony has gotten in the past.
    sunshine3331 and jucamer like this.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I dont think he knows how. He loves himself too much.Shame he threw Derek under the bus, jealousy more than likely
    Come on...most of those pros are pretty "in love" with themselves. Anyone who's been watching the show, has seen little love for Maks from the judges, and how easy it is for them to give "10s" to Derek. Many dances, he has been over rated.
    karalott, sunshine3331 and jucamer like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The songs for tomorrow (courtesy of Pure DWTS):

J.R./Karina-Tango (Ghostbusters-previously danced to a cha cha by Monique/Louis, season 3 Halloween show)
    Nancy/Tristan-Jive (Devil Went Down to Georgia)
    David/Kym-Cha Cha (Abracadabra)
    Rob/Cheryl-Tango (The Addams Family theme song-previously danced by Joey Lawrence/Edyta for the S3 Halloween show); they'll be dancing 4th
    Hope/Maks-Samba (Werewolves of London)
    Ricki/Derek-Paso (Sweet Dreams-Beyonce's version, which seems a bit of a stretch for a Halloween song ) Supposedly their dance has a Little Red Riding theme to it. I can hardly wait for CA and Bruno's reactions. Isn't this about the time that Len starts going easier on Derek's partners and giving them 10s?

Team Tango is going first, and Team Paso last, which means Hope and Ricki will be two of the last couples to dance (not surprised, as Ricki has Derek, and I don't think she's danced anywhere near the front this season so far; and they probably want to save the Hope/Maks aftermath from a week ago until later). Of course, the last team dance to go usually has the couples on that team dance their respect dances last anyway.

Predictions: the judges might be nicer this week, given the spirit of Halloween, and the backlash they also felt pretty heavily last week in regards to Maks and Chaz. I'm thinking this will be Hope's swan song, finally, which I've been predicting for several weeks now. I hope not, as out of spite, I'd like her to stick around, plus there's the Maks factor, and I've grown to really like her in the few weeks she's been on here. I'll definitely be following her after the show. I don't expect a good technical samba, and Maks usually goes more the technical than flash and trash route. But I won't be surprised if she's at the bottom of the leadboard and is narrowly beat out of staying by Nancy. I think Nancy's jive is going to be a mess, but she hasn't exactly been the walking disaster I expected. But her dancing is overmarked and boring. At least there's Tristan. David should be fun, J.R. I feel like will be the front runner and one to beat tomorrow, but why is it I can already hear the judges nitpicking minor details to prevent him from being the leader (or only leader). Rob will do a lot of walking, clomping, and arrogant smirking, the Kardashian girls will scream for 10s at the judges, and possibly fangirl CA will finally deliver. We'll see whose phone number Kim and Mama Kris tweet they have this week to get people to vote for him. Ricki I think will benefit and gets 9 and 10s for whatever flashy gimmicks, props, and dancing Derek does. I feel like their dance will be the one most prop heavy, and I just don't think Ricki is that good of a dancer. I guess since J.R. is so far out there, they have to have someone be competition.

Dances for next week (per DWTS Gossip):

Waltz: Ricki/Derek, J.R./Karina
    Quickstep: Hope/Maks, Rob/Cheryl
    Tango: Nancy/Tristan

Insta-dance for everyone: jive. They either really want to get rid of Nancy, or telling everyone she was in the bottom 2 is going to spare her no matter how bad her encore is next week. Tristan will probably need to do more than work her like a mule.

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    Come on...most of those pros are pretty "in love" with themselves. Anyone who's been watching the show, has seen little love for Maks from the judges, and how easy it is for them to give "10s" to Derek. Many dances, he has been over rated.
    Hmm .Well I guess I dont see it that way.Derek is way way better than Maks, including his temperament , and the way he treats his partner.I hope you dont mind I love Derek

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Dances for next week (per DWTS Gossip):

Waltz: Ricki/Derek, J.R./Karina
    Quickstep: Hope/Maks, Rob/Cheryl
    Tango: Nancy/Tristan

Insta-dance for everyone: jive. They either really want to get rid of Nancy, or telling everyone she was in the bottom 2 is going to spare her no matter how bad her encore is next week. Tristan will probably need to do more than work her like a mule.
    They took the dance stars typically have the most problems with and made it the insta-dance? That's just plain idiotic. Most of the time, even with a week to practice, nobody has that great a jive. Giving them, what, a half an hour at most is surely not going to improve it.

I hope this time Len doesn't go after J.R./K for producing a Lindy instead of a jive (though I'm pretty sure Karina won't make that mistake twice).

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    They took the dance stars typically have the most problems with and made it the insta-dance? That's just plain idiotic. Most of the time, even with a week to practice, nobody has that great a jive. Giving them, what, a half an hour at most is surely not going to improve it.

I hope this time Len doesn't go after J.R./K for producing a Lindy instead of a jive (though I'm pretty sure Karina won't make that mistake twice).
    I'm not surprised, as it'll be difficult for Nancy, and likely difficult for Hope and Rob. If I were Karina, I'd say screw the 3 stooges and do whatever I want. Others get away with it, why not her?

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Interesting article from US Magazine.

It's war behind the scenes at Dancing With the Stars!

Though DWTS fans may have dismissed Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Derek Hough's testy public back-and-forth as simply a heated rivalry, the new issue of Us Weekly (out Friday) reveals what's really at the root of their bad blood.

"They hate each other," a DWTS insider tells Us of Chmerkovskiy, 31, and Hough, 26, who had it out after Chmerkovskiy's on-air spat with DWTS judge Len Goodman. (When the veteran judge slammed his and Hope Solo's routine, Chmerkovskiy lashed out and urged the crusty Brit to retire and called the ABC series "my show.")

"I had a laugh about that [comment]," three-time winner Hough told Us later. Referring to a nameplate on set that lists past champs (Chmerkovskiy is not one of them), Hough said, "I was looking at the plaque upstairs and…well, never mind."

Hough's recent snide retort is just the latest in the pros' lengthy feud.

"The professional dance community is really small. The dancers have known one another their entire lives," says a source close to the show. "Now that the group is famous, it's added a whole other level of rivalry and competitiveness."

Adding fuel to the fire between the men? Hough's sister, fellow dancer Julianne, who briefly dated Chmerkovskiy.

"Julianne told Maks she didn't want to have a serious relationship," says a source close to the show. Soon after, the Footloose star started seeing Ryan Seacrest -- and a bitter Chmerkovskiy, says the source, retaliated by "planting false rumors that Julianne was cheating on Ryan with Maks."

The DWTS insider counters that Chmerkovskiy is no rumormonger and, in fact, Hough isn't the nice guy he seems.

"Derek is dating Lauren Conrad for publicity," says the insider of his romance with the Hills star. "He is focused on becoming a huge star like Julianne."

=============================

I don't know about the plaque on the wall, but if we were going to have a vote as to who looks better shirtless in leather pants, I can guarantee you that Maks would get MY vote over Derek ANY day.

You can tell when it's been a slow season where the drama and backstage stories are concerned. If Derek really made that comment...they say Maks has the biggest ego? Derek made a joke last season about Maks being able to win now that he wasn't there. But I can't see him going that far. What a coincidence that this would come up a week after the blow up with Len and an alleged feud between Maks and Derek that never was brought up before. I wonder if the pros get a laugh out of reading this type of stuff. And when did Julianne and Maks ever date? If she wasn't involved with someone, then he was. Last week, Star reported Maks was hated behind the scenes by everyone. The week before, Star said it was Derek and Julianne who were hated behind the scenes.

A lot of these rumors are probably exaggerated or just plain made-up, but I totally believe that Derek and Maks are over each other. But it's probably something that's been slowly brewing for years that finally came to a boil this season.

I also believe that Derek is dating famous women only for the publicity, but for my own selfish reasons...
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread