+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree506Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS Media Thread

JR and Chaz the last two again? Hope first again? I really wish they would pull numbers out of a hat and dance in that order. Must be demoralizing to know the producers don't really care if you leave.
    Well, I guess you were right that Hope is dancing first If Pure DWTS is right.

Here's the rundown:

1st: Hope/Maks (Tango to Livin' On A Prayer)
    2nd: Carson/Anna (Jive to Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go)
    4th: J.R./Karina (Samba to Conga)
    5th: Rob/Cheryl (Rumba to Hello)
    6th: Chaz/Lacey (Samba to Get Down On It)

Unknown is Ricki (Foxtrot to Easy Love), David (Tango to Tainted Love), and Nancy (Rumba to True). Although since Ricki has one of only lone dance style, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets the pimp spot. I suppose they'll make her go towards the front next week and give her the week of low scores and actual criticism.

My predictions: the judges will completely gush over Ricki's foxtrot and make her cry and hand out 9s and 10s even though she didn't dance well enough for the scores (another partner with the exact same choreography she'd probably be getting 7s and 8s); Rob will be overscored and overpraised as the best dancing Kardashian ever just for standing there while Cheryl dances around him-possibly a 9 from Cougar CA tonight; Chaz will totally bomb but the judges will look on the bright side, CA will cry, and he'll get overscored; Carson will probably bomb, but entertain the heck out of us, but the judges will blast him for it; J.R. will get docked on minor technaclities and non existant lifts; and I worry this is Hope's waterloo tonight. Also to help fill up the 2 hours:

Daily News Releases

THIS WEEK'S "DANCING WITH THE STARS" CELEBRATES THE '80S
    WITH KNOCKOUT PERFORMANCES ON ABC

Groundbreaking Iconic Pop Group The Bangles Perform on Monday's "Dancing with the Stars"

Multi-Platinum Grammy® Award Winner Kelly Clarkson and
    Five-Time CMA, Three-time AMA Nominee The Band Perry Perform

And the Show's First "AT& T's Spotlight Performance"
    on Tuesday's "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show"

‘Pee-wee Herman’ Star Paul Reubens Tells OK! David Arquette has “Shocked Himself” on ‘DWTS’ & Wants to Compete Next Season

October 16th, 2011 11:29 am / Author: Gena Oppenheim

Pee-wee Herman star Paul Reubens, a regular audience member at Dancing with the Stars this season, exclusively spoke to OK! on Saturday about supporting his pal David Arquette on the show and wanting to be a contestant himself in the future!

“I think he’s shocked himself,” Paul told OK! at the Spike TV Scream Awards of David’s performance so far and added, “I just try to cheer as much as I can on Facebook, Twitter, and get him more votes. We have a very, very strong connection.”

Asides from David, the 59-year-old has been getting chummy with some of the ABC show’s other contestants like Rob Kardashian.

“I’m getting to know everyone, I’m friendly now with the Kardashians. I love everyone there!”

With such a strong tie to the cast now, Paul admitted to OK! that he is open to be a contestant next time around.

“I’m hoping to dance myself next year,” the Pee-wee’s Big Adventure actor explained and joked, “just putting it out there!”
    Pee Wee would be awesome. He would out-Carson Carson!
    karalott likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Pee Wee would be awesome. He would out-Carson Carson!
    They'd have to have him dance to Tequila I used to think about Paul being on the show, but I didn't think he'd go for it. I hope the producers do! Spring seasons tend to be more enjoyable, but just in case it isn't, Pee-Wee would certainly be a lot of fun to have around.

I just read on-line that Karina postponed her wedding? She sure didn't show anything last night - she looked great.

Dancing with the Stars: Karina Smirnoff Focused on J.R. Martinez Before Wedding : People.com

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I just read on-line that Karina postponed her wedding? She sure didn't show anything last night - she looked great.

Dancing with the Stars: Karina Smirnoff Focused on J.R. Martinez Before Wedding : People.com
    Hmm...she had a date set and it seemed like most of her plans were good to go. I remember her and Maks putting off their wedding because they were too busy. Of course, Karina seems more eager to walk down the aisle and start having kids this time than she did with Maks. Some people think they she won't make it down the aisle this time.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Hmm...she had a date set and it seemed like most of her plans were good to go. I remember her and Maks putting off their wedding because they were too busy. Of course, Karina seems more eager to walk down the aisle and start having kids this time than she did with Maks. Some people think they she won't make it down the aisle this time.

Her excuse is suspect to say the least - she knew she would be on DWTS now. They should have scheduled their wedding when they were both free. Sounds a little fishy to me....

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Her excuse is suspect to say the least - she knew she would be on DWTS now. They should have scheduled their wedding when they were both free. Sounds a little fishy to me....
    It does seem a bit fishy, but maybe she thought she'd be an early elimination (before she discovered that JR could actually dance).

I thought it was hilarious how he said he wanted to be one of the bridesmaids. That man is so comfortable in his skin!

On a different note, I just have to say how much I love seeing him cheer on the other participants. He seems to genuinely care about all of them.

P.S. I would love to see Paul Reubens on the show. I wonder if he'd do it as himself or as PeeWee. I would hope it would be as himself. I love the PeeWee character, but I can't imagine it working longterm on DWTS.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I feel like it'll be prop and messing about overload this week, where the 9s and 10s come out for minimal dancing but a good show. I predict a perfect 30 this week. Strictly Come Dancing just did a Broadway theme for their show last week, although I tend to think while that was bad, ours will probably be worse. Dance assignments are:

Quickstep: Ricki, J.R., David
    Tango: Chaz
    Rumba: Hope
    Foxtrot: Nancy
    Cha Cha: Rob

This might be a harder week, dancewise, for Rob, but I feel like Hope is toast. Her dance should probably be the easiet, but I'm betting she'll get dinged on no hip action, no emotion, not getting into the character, not enough props and story, and anything else they can seal her fate with. I feel like the show would rather lose her over Rob, Nancy, and Chaz. Chaz and Nancy both have it easy this week. J.R. will probably be the best overall, and I think Derek and Kym might ham up their QS with fluff. And Rob will be overscored and anything he does wrong won't be addressed. No idea what songs they'll be using, but I'm guessing from Hairspray (likely Ricki), Grease, Wicked, Cats, The Phantom of the Opera, ChorusLine, Cabaret, Chicago, and Rent. And there's the return of the group dance.

FORT Fan

Ricki said in an interview that their song isn't from Hairspray.

Can someone remind me what dances that Chaz has done in the competition so far? Apparently, he is not assigned the same dance as JR this time. It sure seems like Chaz is getting more dances that require less movement on his part. He has already gotten the rumba and samba so far. What else?

+ Reply to Thread