+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 4/24 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/24 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2349280;
    I can't believe they are still dragging this out over a 1 hour show. I'm glad Heather is finally gone, she just annoys the hell out of me.

I agree. I really got annoyed by her as well.

What was up with the GIGANTIC white thing around her prosthesis?

It should have matched her costume.

I haven't read through this entire thread but, did anyone notice that she walked so fast past John & Edyta too?

Hope the door didn't hit her butt on the way out. See ya Heather.

I'm not a big voter but I did vote for John & Edyta (sp)

I called my mother and told her to vote for John too......she was like huh
    noooooooo
    I will not
    and when I mentioned it would help get rid of Heather
    she said OK!

I don't mean to disrespect anyone but, this is dancing with the stars.....not stars that are disabled dancing.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Re: 4/24 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2355022;
    HM is only in the news because she was MARRIED to a celeb. She was never a celeb in her own right and could by no stretch of the imagination be deemed a "Star" as in Dancing with the. .....

Jerry Rice and Emmit Smith are two of the best known football players of all time. Even I knew who they were and I haven't watched much football since I was in high school. I don't watch ganster basketball, but I've heard of Clyde.

I don't watch the soaps, but I understand that many people do and recognize the stars in them. I don't listen to pop music, but people that do probably knew who Willa was and many people know Joey from 'N Sync. BRC and Sara Evans are HUGH in country music.

I knew Shandi from watching Lingo. I knew Apolo from watching the Olympics. It would never occur to me to watch boxing, but I knew who Laila was.

To me sportscasters are borderline, but many were celebs before picking up the mike or have a big following.

My point is that personal recognition is less an issue than their credentials. Drew was in 98 Degrees which made him acceptable as a "star", but his brother was the famous one of that group.

How can we put pressure on ABC to fork over some dough for charity and a decent trophy? Actually they didn't make fun of the glitterball until we went on and on about how hideous it is. Now they will never improve it because it's become and running gag.
    I agree with you on the above, dberk. As apparently do the vast majority of viewers who post on forums and blogs about the show, including the pre-premier discussions here in FoRT forums. One of the few times I side with majority opinions, too, lol And, since that topic has already been resolved, I don't have enough interest or energy to go back to the older threads here to copy/paste what has already been discussed, or what I've already opined, so I'll just leave it here with a 'yeah-that' to your post.

As to that trophy... you're probably right, and I wish you weren't. Since it's ugliness has become a running gag, it'll probably not change I do wish they would at least make it a better quality, though, even if they leave the ugly looks alone. I feel bad for Cheryl, Emmitt, Drew, and all the other winners who were given the trophy, that it's falling apart on them. At least use a better quality glue for those little mirror pieces! Heck, I'll even buy them a bottle of the best glue and donate it if necessary!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567