+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 4/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Gotta love a Maks in a uniform.

This was a really fun night. They all seemed to turn it up a notch.

Laila/Maks and Juliane/Apolo were my favorites. Again. Anything I say here will sound all fangirly, so I'll spare you all. I just really like both teams and am impressed with their drive. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the two active pro-athletes would be the most competitive. (Is Laila still active? I am just guessing so.)

Of the "entertainers, but not dancers" I prefered John/Edyta to BRC/Karina. John did try to dance an actual dance and he did pretty well, but I think BRC will last a couple more weeks at least due to his huge fanbase.

I actually missed most of Cheryl/Ian because I was flipping to Heroes.
    I agree with whoever said Joey is slipping, or maybe it's that he hasn't been noticibly improving like so many of the others. I am having trouble remembering the dance, so that is not a good sign.
    Heather is actually not as bad as I thought she would be overall, and Johnathan is growing on me as a pro, but tonight she seemed clumpy-er (?) than usual. I know the paso is a forceful dance, but she was extra stompy. Wouldn't be surprised to see her go this week.
    Or John, but I'd rather Heather.

The group dance was so much fun. I bet they enjoyed having the chance to just dance without the thought of being judged. I liked that it showed off their personalities - especially Laila, Ian and Joey.
    Last edited by anemone; 04-24-2007 at 12:27 AM.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Thank you to all your comments-I missed most of the show last night and appreciate being able to read everyone's critiques.

FORT Fogey

I must be in the minority here because I thought Laila was good in the beginning, but she hasn't improved any and her dances all look the same. Maks is nice to look at and his personality is adorable (even though he's a tad fonder of looking at himself than most of the women posting on this board), but I find their dances just not so exciting because she does the same thing every week. And now she thinks she is a professional dance choreographer and if I were Maks, I'd ask her when she last won a ballroom championship of any kind...

Heather needs to go. She didn't do much this week except sit on the floor and get dragged around by Jonathan. Still like him, but the dance just wasn't that great.

BRC and John keep trying, so I'll keep giving them my votes as long as they are in the competition.

I think it'll come down to Joey, Apolo, and Laila in the final 3, but Laila won't deserve to be there unless she steps it up, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by GT Mom;2346068;
    You've got that right! They are almost as bad as the American Idol back-up singers.
    I hate the band on this show. It sounds so canned. I still dont know why they needed 90 minutes.
    Was disapointed with Ian. He is doing OK but I agree with the judges. Did I see Gabrielle Carteris in the audience.

Cranky Bill

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Boston_Bill;2347483;
    Did I see Gabrielle Carteris in the audience.
    You did! Andrea Zuckerman was there to give all her support to Steve! I really had to laugh that just before they showed her, they showed Ian getting annoyed at a 90210 reference from Cheryl. So he doesn't want to be known as the 90210 guy, but he's going to bring in his co-stars to remind people that he was Steve Sanders?

I gotta say, if I were Ian, I'd rather be known as the 90210 guy than the ... non-working actor?

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2347493;
    You did! Andrea Zuckerman was there to give all her support to Steve! I really had to laugh that just before they showed her, they showed Ian getting annoyed at a 90210 reference from Cheryl. So he doesn't want to be known as the 90210 guy, but he's going to bring in his co-stars to remind people that he was Steve Sanders?

I gotta say, if I were Ian, I'd rather be known as the 90210 guy than the ... non-working actor?
    I was hoping we'd see some of the other actors from 90210 in support. I also thought I saw George Wendt at the end of the group dance.
    I loved the group dance it reminded me a little of the musical Movin Out.

PS Will you marry me Cheryl?

When this season started, I thought it was kind of boring compared to the previous two - but I'm really starting to enjoy it.

Apolo and Julianne are absolutely adorable, and the best couple IMO. They have a great combination of dance / entertainment that keeps me waiting to see what they'll do next. For having a brother / sister relationship, I thought that routine last night was HOT. And I don't say that too often.

Joey bugs me for some reason. He seems a bit over the top. And I think he's not improving, maybe trying too hard?

I like Ian, but he needs to loosen up and have fun. I agree with Carrie Ann that he needs to take a lesson from Billy Ray. Just have fun with it.

Laila is very good, but I haven't really seen anything new from her. I didn't particularly care for her part of the choreography, and I don't think Maks is all that either ... I like Laila, but I would rather see Apolo win.

Heather is better than I thought she would be, but I think it's about time for her to go. Last night's dance was a bit embarassing (for me) to watch.

John is fun, I wouldn't mind if he stuck around another week

I just love Billy Ray. He puts a smile on my face with his dancing, and I think it's really cute that when he wants to comment on something the judges are saying, he raises his hand. For me, BRC is what this show is really about, someone who comes in with no dance experience and not much natural ability and actually improves over the weeks. But then, I'm looking to be entertained and don't know a thing about actual ballroom dancing

I've mentally divided the survivors into three groups

Contenders... Apolo, Joey, Laila
    Trying hard... Ian, Heather
    Bottom feeders... Billy Ray, John

I'd like to see Billy Ray or Heather go tonight, just because I enjoy John and Ian more.

The show was fun to watch last night. I love Julianne and Apolo. Man they can move across the dance floor. That split and then one leg stand was awesome. I wouldn't try that at home though. I also loved Laila and Max. I was tickled when she added that dance move. They are fun to watch. I also like John, I think he has great moves and I don't get what the judges are saying about him. I also liked Cheryl and Ian. Man Cheryl can teach anybody how to dance. She an amazing dancer. I love watching her move.
    Joey was just okay, but I think he is slipping.

Heather and Billy Ray tried, but I think they are growing weary of the show and look like they are ready to leave. Plus Billy doesn't move his feet. They just might be in the bottom two.

Man, Samathan let the cat out of the bag on Laila and Max score. Hate to be a fly on the wall at that staff meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston_Bill;2347483;
    I hate the band on this show. It sounds so canned. I still dont know why they needed 90 minutes.
    Was disapointed with Ian. He is doing OK but I agree with the judges. Did I see Gabrielle Carteris in the audience.

Cranky Bill
    Wouldn't she be, like, 50 now?
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread