Joey Fatone & Kym Johnson - Season 4

NAME:
    Joey Fatone

PROFESSION:
    NSync Star

PARTNER:
    Kym Johnson

BACKGROUND:
    The musician/actor/star of Broadway was a member of one of the most popular singing groups of all time, *NSYNC, which holds the records for the most albums sold in a single day and week. He has since starred in the movies My Big Fat Greek Wedding and The Cooler, and in the Broadway musicals Rent and Little Shop of Horrors.

NAME:
    Kym Johnson

ACHIEVEMENTS:

* Former Australian Amateur Ballroom and Latin champion
    * Finalist U.K. Ballroom Championships at Blackpool
    * Burn The Floor world tour
    * Dancing With The Stars Australia - Seasons 1, 2 and 3

CELEBRITY PARTNER:
    Joey Fatone

STATS:
    Style: Latin and Ballroom
    Nationality: Australian
    Based in: Sydney
    Status: Dancing with the Stars Australia Champion, Model, recently on the Dancing with the Stars National Tour

BACKGROUND:
    Kym partnered talk show host Jerry Springer during Season 3, where they finished the competition in 5th place.

Kym began ballroom dancing at the relatively late age of 15 when she was dragged along to lessons by her brother who decided it would be a good way to meet girls. She soon got the bug and it wasn't long before she was dancing competitively.

Following her retirement from professional ballroom, Kym then broke into stage with the world tour of Burn The Floor. Other highlights of her successful career include dancing at Elton John's 50th birthday party and appearing in the hit movie Strictly Ballroom.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 03-09-2007 at 01:42 AM.

Heh.... at least Kym will have a more nimble partner, even if body-wise they'll be an interesting mix.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

All hail The Fat One!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Interesting.

I agree with Broadway though on the nimble partner for Kym. Although Jerry Springer was very memorable.

'N Sync's Fatone joins new season of 'Dancing With the Stars' on ABC
    Hal Boedeker

Joey Fatone hasn't danced since an 'N Sync concert in Orlando five years ago. The singer, who lives in southwest Orange County with his wife and daughter, described himself as "technically, not the greatest dancer." He twice rejected an offer to join Dancing With the Stars, but he will compete when the contest returns March 19.

"It looked more and more fun as I watched it," Fatone said Wednesday. "The popularity is huge. There's a bigger demand for celebrities to do it. I said, 'Why not?' "

Fatone, who is 30, cited another benefit of training to do the pasodoble and the waltz.

"I was probably 15 to 20 pounds lighter when I was dancing," Fatone said. "Hopefully, that sheds off in the process."

Past Dancing participant Jerry Springer announced the 11 new celebrity contestants Wednesday on Good Morning America. They include country singer Billy Ray Cyrus, boxer Laila Ali, former basketball star Clyde Drexler and model Paulina Porizkova. The biggest surprise was Heather Mills, who is going through a bitter divorce from Paul McCartney.

ABC noted that Mills, who lost a leg in a motorcycle accident, will be the first contestant with an artificial limb. "She may be a sentimental favorite," Springer said.

Fatone said her inclusion could mean good television. "If she can do it, that's awesome," he said. "I give her a lot of credit for doing it. She may be better than Jerry Springer."

Kym Johnson, who was Springer's partner, will team with Fatone. She arrived at his home Wednesday morning, and they planned to start rehearsing that evening.

"She basically came and knocked on the door," Fatone said. "They never said who the person was. They set up the cameras. I was hanging out in the backyard. My daughter opened the door."

Fatone said the biggest challenge would be the crash course of dances that competitors must learn. "I heard in the other season they had longer to rehearse," he said. "We have only a month."

Dancing With the Stars scores some of its highest ratings in Central Florida. His message to local viewers: "Let me know if I suck, and if not, vote for me."

And will there ever be an 'N Sync reunion? "Who knows? Everybody is still doing their own thing," Fatone said. "It's great to take a break. Maybe one day."
    Link

There's something I've always like about Joey from what I've seen on tv and heard from him on some of the local radio shows. Hopefully he'll do well on the show.

I think I'm going to root for him. If I had to choose a favorite boy-bander, it would probably be him (and i hate boybands). He always seemed so laid back, with a good sense of humor about him.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

He was outstanding when he hosted Fame, one of the many reasons that I went to taping after taping of that show. I don't know if I can get invested in another boyband member though.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I'm just looking forward to seeing what Kym can do with a partner closer to her own age. If how well she did with Joey Mc on the tour is any indication, we're in for a treat.
    Fondly,
    Sharon

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I love Joey! He always seemed like one of the more "real" members of the band.....Plus have you ever seen his house on MTV Cribs? My son still talks about his house and its probably been a year since we saw that episode!!! Very nice............
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast