+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Joey Fatone & Kym Johnson - Season 4

Re: Joey Fatone & Kym Johnson - Season 4

Joey is a great dancer, of course he has had some training with the InSync boys band, but I acknowledge his ability and give kudos for his performances. However, there is something about him that turns me off. His personality is so over-the-top and grating that it is annoying. Not everything is a joke and he never seems to be serious about anything. He is one of those people who can try one's patience after awhile. On the other hand, I think his partner, Kym, is delightful so I am torn. I don't want him to win, but I would like her to win.

To the Point

What's really to be serious about on this show? It's totally for entertainment!! Joey obviously manages to take practice serious enough to do a quite admirable job on the dances.

Joey's personality doesn't bug me nearly as much as Laila's. I can take the over grown kid persona, but Laila is no diva, even though she acts like one. She's a boxer, big deal. I know lots of people like her and dislike Joey. I don't think his ego is nearly as big as hers. I think Kym is a sweetie and nowhere near as egotistical as Maks.

Somehow I can't see Laila and Maks making a trip to disneyland. Joey fits right in... he's Goofy.
    Tahoe bound....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2399732;
    Joey's personality doesn't bug me nearly as much as Laila's. I can take the over grown kid persona, but Laila is no diva, even though she acts like one. She's a boxer, big deal. I know lots of people like her and dislike Joey. I don't think his ego is nearly as big as hers. I think Kym is a sweetie and nowhere near as egotistical as Maks.

Somehow I can't see Laila and Maks making a trip to disneyland. Joey fits right in... he's Goofy.
    Exactly, and this show is kinda campy anyway, so I think Joey is just going with it. If it were a completely serious competition and not meant for entertainment and fun, I think he could pull that off. He has had serious moments on the show, but I think overall he knows this is about fun (for the "stars" and the viewers)

FORT Newbie

I'm with YOU, SCHMOO2!!
    He makes me want to vomit with "his LOVE for The CAMERA" antics.
    Even my husband agrees, and Joey is his favorite dancer.

I started out liking the guy UNTIL he decided to be "cute" and discovered he was someone's favorite. He BLEW it for me.
    I agree that he can dance, but he can't undo the other damage (& it appears after the last episode, that someone must have clued him in, that his attempts to be cute and funny were a turn-off) He definitely toned it down, some.

However, I guess Some people like that crap - I'm not one of them.

FORT Fogey

I disagree that Joey decided to be something as a result of the show. If you look back at NSync's hey-day, when they would make appearances, do making the video shows, etc, his personality was exactly the same. DWTS hasn't made him in to some sort of persona. He's being the guy he's always been.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2404107;
    I disagree that Joey decided to be something as a result of the show. If you look back at NSync's hey-day, when they would make appearances, do making the video shows, etc, his personality was exactly the same. DWTS hasn't made him in to some sort of persona. He's being the guy he's always been.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm with YOU, SCHMOO2!!
    He makes me want to vomit with "his LOVE for The CAMERA" antics.
    Even my husband agrees, and Joey is his favorite dancer.

I started out liking the guy UNTIL he decided to be "cute" and discovered he was someone's favorite. He BLEW it for me.
    I agree that he can dance, but he can't undo the other damage (& it appears after the last episode, that someone must have clued him in, that his attempts to be cute and funny were a turn-off) He definitely toned it down, some.

However, I guess Some people like that crap - I'm not one of them.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

WHERE does it Say in the above blocked verbage that 'Joey decided to Be Something as a result of the show'? What I said is basically the same comments that many others have said - His "cute" yuck! CAMERA personality is a Turn-Off. As the show progressed, he got worse and worse (meaning that he Discovered he was Someone's Favorite).
    Finally, my observation, was that apparently someone clued him in about his annoying antics because he toned it down on the last episode.
    ------- Last, but not least, He can dance, but he still turns me Off -------

Ok, here's the way I see it. If this were a high school class who would you vote for? The Jock (Apolo) the class clown (Joey) or the snotty popular girl (Laila)? Now for me, Laila's ego is a total turn off. Apolo will be back at the skating track next week and Joey? Well he'll be on tour with the other Dancing fools, so I guess I hope he wins.
    Tahoe bound....

Wow, I'm surprised at the comments I'm seeing. I think Joey is a fantastic performer and is my favorite to watch every week. The other two are great as well - I think it will be a close finish.

I'm pulling for Joey big time. I'll be keeping the phone line busy and the internet hopping voting for him.

+ Reply to Thread