+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Joey Fatone & Kym Johnson - Season 4

I just don't think this guy is all that great. Granted he is one of the better dancers, but he doesn't look that good while dancing. He sticks his butt out and his body is so square shaped that they don't partner up well. Of course, Kym is so striking and has such a beautiful body, anyone would pale by comparison (except Maksim of course).

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar

Re: Joey Fatone & Kym Johnson - Season 4

Joey did fantastic last night... His dance was by far the best and the ending move was just pretty damn awesome.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

They did a wonderful job. Joey's losing weight and getting a better dancer's physique every week.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2311122;
    I just don't think this guy is all that great. Granted he is one of the better dancers, but he doesn't look that good while dancing. He sticks his butt out and his body is so square shaped that they don't partner up well. Of course, Kym is so striking and has such a beautiful body, anyone would pale by comparison (except Maksim of course).
    I tend to agree with this. I love Kym, and think since she's been on DWtS she's shown grace and come up with great choreography, and been a wonderful sport, on top of everything else. And you just have to love her... like Cheryl, she really sparkles on the floor. Joey is too much the clown for me. Don't get me wrong, a clown is nice on DWtS if done in proper proportions and in the right time/right place. But he kinda goes overboard for me, and I think of him as a smartass now. And though some of his dances seem more 'fun' than some of the other couple's dances... he does look awkward sometimes. But he doesn't suck, I'll say that much.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I don't know if it's right for me to dismiss this guy as not being any good based on his body shape. I could see this as valid critisizm if Joey was actually a profesional dancer in real life, hoofing it up on the stage every night. But, he's not. Like every other celebrity who agrees to do the show, he has no choice to show up in anything other than the body he currently has. Dang, my hats off to anyone who has the guts to give it 5000 percent every week despite not having a dancers body.
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2323327;
    Joey is too much the clown for me. Don't get me wrong, a clown is nice on DWtS if done in proper proportions and in the right time/right place. But he kinda goes overboard for me, and I think of him as a smartass now. . . . But he doesn't suck, I'll say that much.
    I agree. I think the fact that he doesn't suck is part of the problem.
    The celebrity dancers usually fall into three categories: Just Not Good (i.e. Master P, Kenny, Tucker, Clyde) Not So Good, but Charming (i.e. Jerry S., George, Cliffie) and Competitors (i.e. those who take it "seriously" regardless of actual skill). The Charming group usually has the clowns in it. They might be contenders based on personality more than dance.
    However, anyone that wants to compete, and can reasonably dance, should let their personality shine on the dance floor. I think Joey does want to compete and can dance. But, he is trying too hard to be the clown and it is becoming a distraction. He is trying to be both serious competitor and clown. It may eventually bite him in the butt, because the charming, clowns rarely get above top 4.
    If you are trying that hard to be funny, you tend not to be taken seriously when it matters.

i like joey -- i think he is doing great - -i want to see him break into some n'sync moves though LOL
    i loved it when the judge told him his moves were a little feminine and they showed lance bass (of all people) laughing and giving a sorta "owned" jester with his hands -- i was rotflmao --yeah - he is one to talk about feminine LOL
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anemone;2338244;
    The celebrity dancers usually fall into three categories: Just Not Good (i.e. Master P, Kenny, Tucker, Clyde) Not So Good, but Charming (i.e. Jerry S., George, Cliffie) and Competitors (i.e. those who take it "seriously" regardless of actual skill). The Charming group usually has the clowns in it. They might be contenders based on personality more than dance.
    I'm sorry, Kenny Mayne not charming?? KM is one of the funniest, most charming, oh-so-entertaining people ever to grace my TV. To say he was "just not so good" and not recognize his comedic talent when he was out there flopping his arms and legs and so obviously lost, well that had me .

Joey is cute and funny, but had KM stuck around a couple more weeks, you would have all agreed, he would have been the funniest thing to hit DWTS since... well, ever!! (and I happen to think he was the funniest thing, even in just one performance and one elimination show!)

Snoozin' on the beach

I don't like the guy but can acknowledge that he was dancing quite well for a bit. He's backslided and not done well the last few weeks IMO. I can't stand the class clown crap. This competition is more half over, he should have stopped that nonsense long ago. It's dragging him and his dancing down

Joey is dancing a little better than I would have imagined before the season began, but I too feel the 'class clown' routine has worn thin and is just annoying now. I can appreciate a star having a good sense of humor about things, but there's a fine line between 'sense of humor' and 'annoying', where 'annoying' makes me feel they aren't taking the practice and lessons seriously enough, or the actual performance. George Hamilton had an appropriate sense of humor during his season, John O'Hurley did, Apolo has, even Jerry Springer did. Kenny Mayne wasn't on long enough for me to say if he would have been annoying, but during his one performance, I didn't find him funny at all. But both Joey and Ian's class clown routines have crossed that fine line, for me, and they annoy me ... and in Ian's case at least, you can see that Cheryl gets annoyed by it during rehearsal also.

It's hard to take Joey's dances as seriously as I probably should when he plays the class clown first, dancer second.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread