Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Joey Fatone & Kym Johnson - Season 4

Re: Joey Fatone & Kym Johnson - Season 4

I hope Joey goes home next week.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2407856;
    I hope Joey goes home next week.
    Won't they all be going home next week? Isn't this the last week of the show? Tomorrow night the winner will be announced.

FORT Fogey

I think Joey and Kym should win, but I'm under no false illusions here. Apolo and Julianne are adorable and people think of them as little dolls, so I'm sure they'll win.

But in terms of ballroom dancing, Joey and Kym have it hands down. They are awesome! Elegant and cool, graceful and hip, all at the same time. The complete package.

I'm with you Mel... I really like A/J... but Joey and Kym deserve it more.

I did see some video of Apolo break dancing online... he's no novice.

GO YOEY.... I hope he wins, but I think it might be Apolo...
    Tahoe bound....

I think A/J are very good, and I think J/K are very good. I think that Julianne needs some more seasoning though. For instance her and Apolo's waltz, although technically good, they got the steps right, even dressed appropriately for the music, they didn't have the soul of the waltz. They said it themselves, that they both considered it an old person's dance, and that showed in their faces when they did it. Anyone who truly appreciates and understands the waltz shows it in their faces, their eyes, and there's a special spirit of the waltz that emanates from the waltzers. A/J didn't have that, they just had the steps -- done very well -- but without a true appreciation of the spirit of the waltz. I think that will come with more seasoning, when she no longer thinks of it as "an old person's dance". "Cute" isn't enough on it's own to present a haunting waltz. And for that reason, I think Kym (and Cheryl) is a more well-rounded and complete dancer/choreographer than Julianne.

I think either J/K or A/J deserve to win tonight, it's too close a tossup for me to say either of those teams shouldn't win. However, Julianne does have some growing to do in her dance appreciation and seasoning in the more traditional ballroom styles ("old person's dance") as she calls it. Once she's learned to appreciate how beautiful they can also be, and that dances don't have to move a hundred miles an hour to be sensual, she'll be a fantastic all-around choreographer. She's already very good, just has some things to learn still.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey

Joey and Kym were the true champions, imo. While A/J were as good and almost as entertaining in the latin dances as J/K, in the waltz, fox trot, and jive, J/K had all other competitors beat. All around, they were the best couple on the show this season. Too bad so many people really disliked Joey's personality and fell under the spell of "Barbie and Ken"

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2415144;
    Joey and Kym were the true champions, imo. While A/J were as good and almost as entertaining in the latin dances as J/K, in the waltz, fox trot, and jive, J/K had all other competitors beat. All around, they were the best couple on the show this season. Too bad so many people really disliked Joey's personality and fell under the spell of "Barbie and Ken"
    While I respect your opinion I must say I disagree. I didn't dislike Joey's personality, I just really prefered Apolo and Julianne's dances. I liked most of Laila's dances better than Joey's. It's just a personal choice as to which dances moved me, and Joey's didn't. I had been throwing my votes to Apolo and Laila for quite awhile, but on the final dance night I threw all my votes to Apolo as I didn't want to split the votes between Apolo and Laila and have Joey win. Apolo and Laila were my favorites from early on and that didn't change. I can see that Joey had fantastic dances, but my preference was Apolo.

I am so glad that it was between Joey and Apallo at the end. They were my two favorites of all the celebs, I would have been happy if either of them have won.

Oh yes, and the geeky fangirl in me loved the Star Wars dance
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2415144;

I agree. I loved Joey. Never really liked him much before but I have a new found love for the guy. His personality is great, he is so funny. I was hoping they would win. Ah well...

FORT Fogey

I heard Mike Golic on Mike and Mike In The Morning say that Apolo should have won and he was glad because Joey was a professional dancer and shouldn't have been on the show. Why do people keep insisting that being in a boy band and doing some moves on stage makes them professional dancers. Professional singer, I could understand. Professional dancer? No way. But, ultimately, I think it hurt Joey that some people believed he was a professional dancer prior to this experience and thus shouldn't win.

+ Reply to Thread