Leeza Gibbons & Tony Dovolani - Season 4

NAME:
    Leeza Gibbons

PROFESSION:
    Talk Show Host

PARTNER:
    Tony Dovolani

BACKGROUND:
    Former host of Entertainment Tonight, Extra and her self-titled daytime talk-show, Leeza, the TV/radio personality currently hosts the nationally syndicated radio program, Hollywood Confidential. Leeza is also the founder of the Leeza Gibbons Memory Foundation, a nonprofit organization offering empowerment and education to caregivers and their loved ones diagnosed with any memory disorder.

NAME:
    Tony Dovolani

ACHIEVEMENTS:

* 2005 and 2006 World Rhythm Champion
    * 2006 PBS American Ballroom Challenge Rhythm Champion
    * 2006 Emerald Ball Open Professional American Rhythm Champion
    * 2005 Ohio Star Ball American Rhythm Champion
    * Current world and undefeated United States Open champion

CELEBRITY PARTNER:

Leeza Gibbons

STATS:
    Style: Latin
    Nationality: Albanian
    Based in: New York

BACKGROUND:
    Tony partnered the WWE wrestler Stacey Keibler in Season 2. The couple came in third place. In Season 3, Tony's partner was country singer Sara Evans. The couple had to withdraw in the middle of the competition for personal reasons.

Born in Kosovo, Tony began folk dancing at age three. When he was 15, his entire family moved to the United States and Tony got the opportunity to attend a Fred Astaire Dance Academy. From that moment on, he knew he had found his passion.

Since that time, Tony has traveled the world and won many championships. Tony also had a featured role in the hit film Shall We Dance and spent time coaching Jennifer Lopez.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 03-09-2007 at 01:21 AM.

I will find myself humming/singing the "Entertainment Tonight" theme while watching her.

She's my "doesn't have a chance to win, but I will root for her" pick.

And E.T. has gone WAY downhill in the years since she left. It's steaming refuse now. They don't even PRETEND to be even slightly journalistic now.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I always have liked Leeza. I'm going to be cheering her on just for that.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

This should be a good team. Leeza has a terrific personality and is in good shape for her age. And, Tony is both a wonderful dancer and seems to be a good teacher. He was so good natured and supportive with Sara Evans last season, he won points with me.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by aname;2256986;
    This should be a good team. Leeza has a terrific personality and is in good shape for her age. And, Tony is both a wonderful dancer and seems to be a good teacher. He was so good natured and supportive with Sara Evans last season, he won points with me.
    I agree completely with what you said. Leeza has always seemed to be a very upbeat positive person and she exudes such a warmth that you can't help but like her. I think her and Tony are a great match!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Unexpected, but very interesting choice. Leeza's got a great personality and seems to put her all into everything I've seen her get involved in, so I think I'll enjoy watching her this season.

Her partner is Tony Dovolani. Well, I have no special opinion about him, one way or the other. But he was cheated out of a possible full season last year, and since I like Leeza, hopefully he'll have a better season this time. He deserves a chance to go as far as he and his partner can.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aname;2256986;
    I've always like Leeza too. And I agree with you about Tony. He was so kind hearted towards Sara last season. I'll be rooting for her as well
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

My sentimental pick for all the reasons others have posted. They probably won't win, but I hope they do well. I like Tony's choreography and his way with his partners.

You know, I actually think it would be great if they replaced Samantha with Leeza, now that I think about it. Leeza would be great in that role, though I also think it would be a waste of her talents.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I just love this couple. Leeza has such a delightful personality and Tony is adorable and a real sweetie. They getting better every week. I hope they stay and don't get eliminated too early.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast