+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ian Ziering & Cheryl Burke - Season 4

I loved him best as Cameron, on the Guiding Light. Several years before his Steve Sanders days. Cheryl is a great teacher and I see them doing well.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2286695;
    I loved him best as Cameron, on the Guiding Light. Several years before his Steve Sanders days. Cheryl is a great teacher and I see them doing well.
    I loved him on GL too!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Cheryl was back in fine form, glad to see she didn't rest on her laurels since last season I truly believe she's the best pro dancer for DWtS, and Ian should count his lucky stars to have gotten her. I can barely stand to look at him, and I really dislike listening to him, but I do have enough faith in Cheryl to think their team will go very far. I'm not 100% certain they can go as far as Cheryl's previous 2 seasons, though, not due to any fault of hers.. but then again, since I don't really care about who the winners are each season, that part won't bother me.

But it was nice to see hers be the opening dance team tonight, was a great way to start off the season
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Personally, I don't like Cheryl and don't get all the Cheryl love, still Cheryl and Ian did a nice opening number.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2287764;
    Cheryl was back in fine form, glad to see she didn't rest on her laurels since last season I truly believe she's the best pro dancer for DWtS, and Ian should count his lucky stars to have gotten her.

I couldn't agree more Nemeses. I missed their performance, but absolutely LOVE Cheryl. I'm sure they will do a great job throughout the season as she can get routines that use her partners strengths.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey
    Cheryl and Kym have to be the best professionals, because they know how to work with the assets of their partners. I don't care for Ian, but Cheryl did a nice job with him, so it was a pleasure to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2287930;
    I'm sure they will do a great job throughout the season as she can get routines that use her partners strengths.
    That's one of the things I admire a lot about Cheryl. She seems to put the majority of her training emphasis on making her partner look good first, finding his strengths and maximizing and enhancing them... putting herself squarely in the supporting partner role, self-confident enough to not need to be the star of the routine. (What a contrast to some of the other pro dancers in different seasons. And what a contrast with a Brian Fortuna performance of last night, where the routine seemed to be all about him and geared to show him off, not his partner) And I think she's saavy enough to know that no matter how good the pro dancer is, the average viewer is tuning in to see more of the celeb than the pro, so making her celeb partner shine in his own unique way helps them both go far in the season. I admire that kind of saavy when it isn't accompanied by smugness and arrogance, so good on Cheryl

Also, whether she realizes it or not, she's a star in her own right on DWtS, and draws in viewers to watch her on her own merits, regardless of who she's partnered with. I'm a good example of that, I suppose. I really don't like Ian as a personality, but I'd love Cheryl's team no matter who was on it, and will always expect her team to be strong. In addition to her strengths as a dancer and choreographer, she's just got such a charismatic presence.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2288054;
    That's one of the things I admire a lot about Cheryl. She seems to put the majority of her training emphasis on making her partner look good first, finding his strengths and maximizing and enhancing them... putting herself squarely in the supporting partner role, self-confident enough to not need to be the star of the routine. (What a contrast to some of the other pro dancers in different seasons. And what a contrast with a Brian Fortuna performance of last night, where the routine seemed to be all about him and geared to show him off, not his partner) And I think she's saavy enough to know that no matter how good the pro dancer is, the average viewer is tuning in to see more of the celeb than the pro, so making her celeb partner shine in his own unique way helps them both go far in the season. I admire that kind of saavy when it isn't accompanied by smugness and arrogance, so good on Cheryl

Also, whether she realizes it or not, she's a star in her own right on DWtS, and draws in viewers to watch her on her own merits, regardless of who she's partnered with. I'm a good example of that, I suppose. I really don't like Ian as a personality, but I'd love Cheryl's team no matter who was on it, and will always expect her team to be strong. In addition to her strengths as a dancer and choreographer, she's just got such a charismatic presence.
    You hit the nail on the head. And this is very well stated. I agree with everything you just said
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I thought they were the best last night. Okay, Joey Fatone was more polished, but he didn't look as good as Ian. I actually like Ian. I think he is nice looking and he and Cheryl look good together. She is, of course, a real PRO in every sense of the word. Of course, she has been pretty lucky getting attractive, talented partners each time.

I guess since I love Cheryl and will always root for her to do well with whoever or whatever she gets partnered with.. out of respect for my admiration of her, I guess I'll stop calling Ian 'the rodent'. He'll always be the rodent in my mind, but from now on when I post, I'll actually use his name.

Darn it, Cheryl, being a fan of yours is hard, sometimes.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-07-2007, 01:24 AM