+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vincent Pastore - Season 4

Your wish is my command! Its nice to have people that appreciate what I find. I'm on a more social board as well where I am one of just 2-3 that have more than a passing awareness of the show, so I don't get to discuss it much there. I'm enjoying having like minded people to talk about it with!
    Fondly,
    Sharon

All right, just woke up so no official confirmation yet, but I've read on Maks' forum that VP's replacement is John Ratzenberger (Cliff) from Cheers. Comments?

Ah, here's the confirmation we needed:

John Ratzenberger Joins Cast of 'Dancing With the Stars'
    The Former 'Cheers' Actor Will Replace Vincent Pastore
    Entertainment Headlines

* Sex, Lies and a Little Black Book?
    * Britney in Bikini Between Rehab Bouts
    * Celeb Birthdays: Biel, Taylor, Weisz

Entertainment Videos

* Mark Ruffalo: Smart Girl's Sex Symbol
    * Angelina Saves the World, One Continent at a Time
    * Smith Burial: Texas or Bahamas

Discussion

* Talk Hollywood on Joel Siegel's Movie Board

March 2, 2007 — John Ratzenberger, who played Cliff Claven, the affable beer-guzzling mailman on "Cheers," will join the cast of "Dancing With the Stars," replacing "The Sopranos'" star Vincent Pastore

The producers of the show had previously invited Ratzenberger to join the cast, but a scheduling conflict prevented him from doing so until now.

Ratzenberger was invited back when the 60-year-old Pastore withdrew from the competition after a week of intense training. Pastore decided that the physical demands of the 10-week season were just too difficult for him to handle.

"When I initially committed to joining 'Dancing With the Stars,' I didn't realize just how physically demanding it would be for me. Unable to put forth my best effort, I felt it appropriate to step aside and give someone else the opportunity," Pastore said.

"I'd like to thank ABC and the show's producers for inviting me to participate. I wish my partner, Edyta, and the other dancers the best of luck."

Executive producer Conrad Green was disappointed but said he respected Pastore's decision.

"We're sad that Vincent felt he was unable to continue in the competition, as he would have been great on the show. But we appreciate him standing aside now rather than having to withdraw later. 'Dancing With the Stars' is physically demanding, and it pays to know your limits. We respect his decision."
    Link
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 03-02-2007 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Add link
    Fondly,
    Sharon

Cliff? They got us Cliffie? Did you know that dancing as we know it today in it's modern incarnation was actually originated by the 3' tall green tribal people of the unknown lost rain forest once located in the dunes of the great Sahara desert in Africa? (That was my Cliff Claven impersonation of the great trivia teller)

Well, okay then, Cliff. Bring it on, but leave the white socks at home. This could be an interesting experience with Cliffie on. Ohhh, Edyta's gonna need some aspirin this season. But I'll bet she laughs a lot, because John seems to be someone who loves to cut up. This will be interesting. Good luck on ya, Johnny!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Nemeses-loved the Cliff Claven impersonation.

Well, I think he will be way better then Pastore.

Quote Originally Posted by redjdv;2262802;
    Well, I think he will be way better then Pastore.
    I think he'll be quite good as well. He's got good physical comedy skills and great timing. And it's not like he's a reject that they're latching on to at the last moment as he would have been on were it not for his other commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2262718;
    Cliff? They got us Cliffie? Did you know that dancing as we know it today in it's modern incarnation was actually originated by the 3' tall green tribal people of the unknown lost rain forest once located in the dunes of the great Sahara desert in Africa? (That was my Cliff Claven impersonation of the great trivia teller)
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice, Nem. too funny

I love Cliff! This'll be fun, but I cannot help but feel sorry for poor Edyta. She always gets stuck with the goofballs.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Cliff Claven, my Halloween avatar! I'll have to pull for Cliff. Does his mom know? She'll be very upset about this.

Have you noticed how we're all going to call John by the name Cliff instead of John?

That's a real tribute to him that he made such a memorable and liked character.

He's got such a great attitude about DWtS. I read his comments in a few entertainment news articles since it was announced that he was coming in to replace Pastore, and I loved it when he sincerely wished all the partners good luck, and then added that he wished his own partner a lot of luck too.

Love that Cliffie!
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Ohhh, I just thought of something for the mods. Since Vincent has now been replaced by Cliff, could we get the name of this thread changed and put John's name instead of Vincent's?

I would love to see them use a postal workers uniform (complete with white socks) in one of the dance routines.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-19-2007, 09:23 PM