+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vincent Pastore - Season 4

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Oh Edyta is in some serious trouble
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I think that if he is still on the show, Edyta is going to find a way to play to his strengths, whatever they may be. If she could do as well as she did with George Hamilton, who started off with cracked ribs from a fall, then she can work with Vincent Pastore.
    Fondly,
    Sharon

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Vincent Pastore Drops Out of Dancing with the Stars | Dancing With the Stars, Vincent Pastore : People.com

Vincent Pastore Drops Out of Dancing with the Stars
    WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 28, 2007 01:45 PM EST

Vincent Pastore will not appear on ABC's Dancing With the Stars when the hit show begins its fourth season on March 19, the network announced Wednesday. After one week of training, the 60-year-old actor said the strenuous nature of the competition was just too much.

"When I initially committed to joining Dancing with the Stars I didn't realize just how physically demanding it would be for me," Pastore said in a statement. "Unable to put forth my best effort, I felt it appropriate to step aside and give someone else the opportunity."

He added, "I wish my partner, Edyta [Sliwinska] and the other dancers the best of luck."

Producers of the show harbor no ill will against the actor, who is best known for his work on The Sopranos. "Dancing With the Stars is physically demanding and it pays to know your limits," the show's executive producer, Conrad Green, said in a statement. "We respect his decision."

The fourth season of the hit show features a diverse cast, including Heather Mills, Billy Ray Cyrus and former 'N Sync member Joey Fatone.

Mills recently told Extra that she's anticipating the challenge, joking, "I'm quite happy to be thrown around and hopefully my leg will stay on." Mills, who wears a prosthetic leg added, "It's very unlikely my leg is going to fly off, although it would be quite funny. I'll have a strap on which I wouldn't
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I really hope they find someone else for Edyta! Hopefully they have contingency plans for this sort of thing.
    Fondly,
    Sharon

Ah ha...they are getting Edyta another partner...

Vincent Pastore Quits 'Dancing With The Stars'

LOS ANGELES (February 28, 2007) – The fourth season of "Dancing With The Stars" has yet to begin, but one contestant has left the show.

After just one week of training ABC confirmed actor Vincent Pastore has made the decision to quit the program.

The former "Sopranos" star, who was offed from Tony's gang, left the program after concluding ten weeks of cutting a rug would be too difficult for the 60 year old.

"When I initially committed to joining ‘Dancing with the Stars,' I didn't realize just how physically demanding it would be for me. Unable to put forth my best effort, I felt it appropriate to step aside and give someone else the opportunity," Pastore said in a statement. "I'd like to thank ABC and the show's producers for inviting me to participate. I wish my partner, Edyta, and the other dancers the best of luck."'

Pastore, who previously starred on ABC soap "One Life To Live," was paired with pretty brunette Edyta Sliwinska, who previously danced with Joey Lawrence.

ABC will be announcing a replacement for him shortly.

"Dancing's" Executive Producer Conrad Green expressed dismay at Pastore's leaving.

"We're sad that Vincent felt he was unable to continue in the competition, as he would have been great on the show -- but we appreciate him standing aside now rather than having to withdraw later. ‘Dancing with the Stars' is physically demanding and it pays to know your limits. We respect his decision."

The remaining stars who will compete on the show are:

Laila Ali (partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy)
    Billy Ray Cyrus (partner Karina Smirnoff)
    Clyde Drexler (partner Elena Grinenko)
    Joey Fatone (partner Kym Johnson)
    Shandi Finnessey (partner Brian Fortuna)
    Leeza Gibbons (partner Tony Dovolani)
    Heather Mills (partner Jonathan Roberts)
    Apolo Anton Ohno (partner Julianne Hough)
    Paulina Porizkova (partner Alec Mazo)
    Ian Ziering (partner Cheryl Burke)

Copyright 2006 by NBC. All rights reserved.
    This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributedAccess Hollywood | Vincent Pastore Quits 'Dancing With The Stars' | Celebrity and Hollywood News
    Fondly,
    Sharon

Well, they must have backups/alternate folks. Maybe they will even give that person immunity for the first round just because they have already missed a week of practice.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Not to sound mercenary or heartless, but I hope cast member dropouts aren't going to become a seasonal event. Sarah may or may not have had a good reason to drop out mid-season on season 3, and I'm quite certain Pastore had a good reason due to his heart problems now, so I'd much rather he drop out than risk serious health problems during the rehearsals or season. But aside from that.. really now, where is the broken communication link where someone either didn't make it perfectly clear beforehand how physically strenuous DWtS is, or where the celeb doesn't understand their own health issues and make a better judgement call prior to signing up? Surely common sense isn't missing entirely, or surely the show has something in place to drill it into participant's heads that this is no cakewalk, or surely some celeb with well-established and ongoing serious health issues would check with their doctor or be more well-informed about the stress they're about to put their bodies through before they actually sign up? I don't want to see any celebs or the pro dancers drop from a heart attack just to entertain us viewers, but I also don't want anyone signing up for the show unless they are absolutely certain it's something they can handle. Dropping out just a couple of weeks or so before the premier airing isn't professional, and isn't responsible. If you know you have serious health issues, don't try to do something like this.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2259682;
    Well, they must have backups/alternate folks. Maybe they will even give that person immunity for the first round just because they have already missed a week of practice.
    That would be nice, but I doubt it would happen, especially with them giving everyone an extra week before elimination anyway. Not that it would have mattered, but Master P didn't get any breaks or extra time, and his son dropped out due to an injury, not a pre-existing condition like Pastore's. He's known about his heart for quite some time now, this is not news to him. I personally think he got ticked off when Edyta expected him to work hard and apply himself. He had a pattern of wanting to quit or throw a temper tantrum on CFC.
    Fondly,
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by tinkcrzy1972;2259765;
    He's known about his heart for quite some time now, this is not news to him. I personally think he got ticked off when Edyta expected him to work hard and apply himself. He had a pattern of wanting to quit or throw a temper tantrum on CFC.
    That's true, I had forgotten that he did that on CFC.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

They are finding a replacement and will be announcing it shortly. I have to say something, though, about him saying that he didn't realize how physically emanding it would be. It's a dance competition. Of course it's going to be physically demanding. Did he think he was entering a writing contest? Or a pie eating contest??? Come on.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-19-2007, 09:23 PM