+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Apolo Anton Ohno & Julianne Hough - Season 4

The World Championships' dates are 3/9 - 3/11. The show starts on 3/19.

I found this little tidbit interesting:
    Dancer From 'Stars' On Plane That Crashed

POSTED: 12:40 pm CST February 21, 2007

CLEVELAND -- A new dancer that will be participating in ABC's hit show "Dancing with the Stars" was on board the Delta Air Lines jet that crashed in Cleveland Sunday.

Julianne Hough, 18, talked to WEWS-TV after getting off the plane. However, she wasn't allowed to talk about the show until the stars were announced Wednesday.

She flew to Cleveland to practice with her partner, Olympic speedskater Apolo Anton Ohno. He is in town for a skating event.

Hough is from Utah and was on the commuter flight from Atlanta that slid off the runway during a snowstorm Sunday afternoon.
    Link

How scary!

yikes! this is the first i've heard of the plane crash, guess everything is OK.

AAO is my fave to win. i can't wait to see him on the dance floor. his skating is incredible, and watching him glide on the ice with his thunderous legs isn't too shabby either. LOL

His partner is only 18??? Hopefully that doesn't pose an issue for how he does in the contest. The more experienced dancers know how to play to their partner's strengths and downplay their weaknesses. Hopefully she's got enough experience to do that... but I would think that that would be how she won a position on the show.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Somem of those young dancers look just as seasoned as the older ones. It never ceases to amaze me that ballroom parents actually encourage their pre-teens to cake on the makeup, shimmy into a skin-tight, highly revealing dress, and slither across the floor in a rhumba.

But I might actually watch to see Apolo.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Yeah jasmar, I remember watching an exhibition dance on Ballroom Dance Challange, or whatever that show on PBS was called, a couple of months ago, and the dancing couple was a 12 year old girl, and a 14 year old boy. They said the girl has been dancing since she was, like, 6 or something along that age. Professional dance, I think, is kinda of like gymnastics, in the regards that you pretty much have to discover it at a young age, and basically LIVE it.

Also, I am only half heartedly rooting on Apolo since he is a local boy.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Apollo is quite short so his partner must be very small. I like him a lot and hope he does well. He is not a figure skater, but is a speed skater which doesn't necessarily give him the grace he needs for dancing - but it does give him a lot of energy so he won't wear out.

Julianne was on the tour, and is an amazing dancer. Yes, she is very tiny. A search on YouTube for tour clips might turn up some of her work, as well as Brian Fortuna.
    Fondly,
    Sharon

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patty9315;2256697;
    yikes! this is the first i've heard of the plane crash, guess everything is OK.

AAO is my fave to win. i can't wait to see him on the dance floor. his skating is incredible, and watching him glide on the ice with his thunderous legs isn't too shabby either. LOL

Not to mkae light of a plane crash.. but living in Cleveland, we hardly heard much about it. It took a friend from Atlanta linking it to me to find out about it. We did however have some nasty weather that week. As far as I know... no one was hurt.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I AAO so I know I am looking forward to seeing him..... I can't wait to see how he does!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

First, since this is the Apolo thread, I should say that I really like him and I hope he goes far in this competition!!!

Also, regarding this:
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmar;2256767;
    Somem of those young dancers look just as seasoned as the older ones. It never ceases to amaze me that ballroom parents actually encourage their pre-teens to cake on the makeup, shimmy into a skin-tight, highly revealing dress, and slither across the floor in a rhumba.
    I heard once that the rhumba should be so sexy and intimate that, as a viewer, you should feel like you shouldn't be watching it. I saw a young teen couple do a rhumba on one of those Ballroom Challenge exhibitions that was steamy! Not only did I feel like I shouldn't be watching - I felt like they shouldn't be dancing like that!!!! I have used that criteria as the comparison for every rhumba I have watched since then!

+ Reply to Thread