+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Apolo Anton Ohno & Julianne Hough - Season 4

Re: Apolo Anton Ohno & Julianne Hough - Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2352940;
    Yeah, I agree - the brother is a little hottie and a terrific dancer. Maybe, he'll be one of the partner/choreographs next season.
    I'm hoping that, as well. He was young, cute and not skeevy like Brian.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2352958;
    I'm hoping that, as well. He was young, cute and not skeevy like Brian.
    Actually, when he came out to dance (with the group dance thingy) at first I thought it WAS Brian from far away...they have similar features...except he's not skeevy, as you point out!

He also looked like a taller, blond Apolo, too. He's definitely cute! I hope he joins the show next season! I read somewhere that he's 21--3 years older than Julianne.

Oh my gosh, Lois! I thought the same thing. In fact I was thinking he must have toned down his skeeviness factor and was looking a lot better. Lo and behold, it was someone else.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 04-28-2007 at 12:28 AM.

I have no idea what the word skeevy means, but it sounds like something pretty gruesome if it's describing Brian, so I like it.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet;2353190;
    Oh my gosh, Lois! I thought the same thing. In fact I was thinking he must have toned down his skeeviness factor and was looking a lot better. Lo and behold, it was someone else.
    Great minds do think alike!

Nemeses
    , you crack me up!

I'm really curious to see what Apolo and Julianne do next. He's got the hip moves down pat now...In the beginning, I never thought he could win this thing but now, it looks like his biggest competition (metaphorically and figuratively!) is the lovely Laila (who I also like)! I like that he can make fun of his relatively small stature and she can poke fun at how "large" she is compared to the other women.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 04-28-2007 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2355385;
    I'm really curious to see what Apolo and Julianne do next.

I've been site hopping is search of any news on what's next for them, and I believe it's the Mambo and Fox Trot. Each contestant will be doing two dances on Monday.

Anyone notice Apolo's adorable dad in the audience last week? If he grinned any wider he'd have swallowed his ears. Gads he's proud of that kid! So am I.

I just want to clarify that when I mentioned the "gay vibe" thing, there wasn't any negativity implied. In fact, I felt that way about Apolo before he did the dance with Lalia. I really shouldn't have singled out him though because I have my suspicions about some others currently and previously on the show.

The truth of the matter is that DWTS is very gay (at least behind the scenes). One only has to look at the guest performers and songs covered to figure that out.

And yes I know most viewers don't care about who's gay or straight, but I find it fun to sometimes speculate personally. Most often I'm wrong, but every now and then I do "hit the hammer on the nail".

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrsean;2362458;
    I just want to clarify that when I mentioned the "gay vibe" thing, there wasn't any negativity implied. In fact, I felt that way about Apolo before he did the dance with Lalia. I really shouldn't have singled out him though because I have my suspicions about some others currently and previously on the show.

The truth of the matter is that DWTS is very gay (at least behind the scenes). One only has to look at the guest performers and songs covered to figure that out.

And yes I know most viewers don't care about who's gay or straight, but I find it fun to sometimes speculate personally. Most often I'm wrong, but every now and then I do "hit the hammer on the nail".

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again..

I have to disagree on the 'gay vibe' with this show.. Most of the Male pro-dancers are Married or engaged. Not to also point out that nearly all of the Male "stars" were as well.

Not sure what you mean by its gay behind the scenes.. or by songs covered... or guest stars..

We have had singers like Meatloaf & Joss Stone, hardly big on the gay scene. As far as songs covered, this is a dance show, songs tend to be dance songs.. ie songs you can dance to, and are a little more up-beat when needed. Most times on shows like this.. or AI.. when they have a guest they are on to plug a tour or CD.. hell even Lisa Lipps was on because shes in Chicago as Roxy now.

I think Laila's dance with Apolo was a little dig on her size vrs his size.. as women go, she is above the norm in size (at nearly 6 foot myself i know how it is) and he as far as men go, is slightly below. If you recall she even made a comment about who's going to be lifting her and said she may have to life someone for the Jive dance number.. thus she grabbed Apolo.

*shrug*

I don't feel a "Gay Vibe" as you put it. In fact none of my gay friends watch this show, my non-gay male friends... that however is a whole different story with people like Kym, Edyta... you get my point.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Excellent points FireWoman! Bottom line is, he isn't, so mooooving right along...

So glad he didn't find himself under the red light last night. In terms of points, he seemed safe, but viewer votes can be tricky, especially the sympathy votes. You know, the "aww, she's such a trooper" or "aww, he reminds me of my dad" votes. Thank goodness we can still rely on the "damn, he can DANCE" votes, and the fan base as well.

I think Len was a bit rough with his views, but I also think it was just Apolo's turn for a judges nit picking. Laila got hers, and Joey got his. It can't just be praise, praise, praise otherwise there might as well be three Bruno's up there. Besides, as the lesser dancers drop out, more has to be expected of the better ones so a determination can be made as to who exactly is the best. Only room for one winner you know.

I thought the fox trot was technically spot on. It's such a slow dance, that there's only so much drama you can add to it. Mambo was great too. He nearly danced the dress right off of Julianne! It's good to be Julianne.

Keep your confidence up Apolo, no matter what anyone says, and don't get lippy with the judges. Smile, nod, and use whatever they say to make yourself better. You've got a real chance here!

I hope Apolo hangs in there? In my mind he's the best of the stars, and he truly does make the most out of his performances, in terms of the effort and techniques he puts in, but also the carpe-diem.

Ian attacks it without any emotion. Laila has too much attitude and gets undeserved token points for her sexuality. BillyRay is nice but he just plain sucks. So did John. The NSync guy is good but is just a boyband dancer continuing the same choreography he's done for years.

Apolo was a beginner, and yet he's fresh, hot, enthusiastic, entertaining, and he can move! And dance is giving him the emotions that dance is supposed to give. Billy Ray dreads it, the others want to use dance to compete, but when Apolo's dancing I really get the impression he WANTS to be dancing, 100%.

+ Reply to Thread