+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Apolo Anton Ohno & Julianne Hough - Season 4

Re: Apolo Anton Ohno & Julianne Hough - Season 4

Gay or straight, makes no difference. Last night's routine was incredible. It reminded me of a routine from last years SYTYCD.. fantastic choreography! Len might be right that is wasn't "strictly ballroom" but Bruno one upped him with the fact that it was artistically fantastic and the crowd loved it.

I am starting to think that Apolo and Julianne are the couple to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsean;2347641;
    The constant "we're just brother and sister" comments plus seeing Laila carrying him around last night is making me speculate.
    How in the world can the part of the dance routine where Laila picked Apolo up to spin him be conceived as anything hinting at a person's sexual preference?!? She did it, as she stated in rehearsal, because the visual was hilarious -- the tall strong female athlete who instead of allowing herself to be picked up by her partner, turns to pick up the smallest male there instead. The joke couldn't have been more obvious (and a nicely played one, I might add).

As for Apolo, he does absolutely nothing for me, I can't find anything sexy or hot about him at all. And part of it has to do with that ugly flap of furball under his lip which makes him look ridiculous in my eyes. But I think he has a really ugly mouth, also, and the way it's hanging half open most of the time makes me want to gift him with a drool cup, so it just goes to show that what's hot for one person is cold for another.

But he's been doing a fairly good job so far this season, with a few rough spots. The 'I Want To Move It' routine was their best imho, but I definately didn't think it was a 30... I did think they were extremely lucky to have gotten one of the few really good song/music performances from the band/singers this season, and if some of the other teams could get as lucky with some driving/inspirational performances from the band and singers, they could do much better, also. Not to take away from Julianne's choreography on that number, it was well done and geared to use some of Apolo's strengths, and he obviously worked hard on the routine. Kudo's to them for that performance and for the band/singers doing an equal part in making the whole performance a good one. Julianne's doing pretty well for her first season on DWtS, and by the time she has some more show experience under her belt, I think she and Cheryl (and possibly Kym) will be the trio of the best female pros on the show. She was fortunate not to get a Clyde Drexler or Master P on her first season.

As for the 'brother sister' analogies... again, why is there such a problem believing that? Cheryl and Emmitt said it last year, Kym and Jerry used the 'father daughter' analogy... why should Apolo and Julianne's analogy be any less believable?
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey

I know who my favorites are by how often I watch the performances on You Tube. I had my first look this season today - couldn't get enough of Apolo and Julianne. Max and Laila followed by Joey and Kim are my next favorites.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TymeMarteen;2337132;
    up until this dance i never took dancing with the stars seriously. mainly because of the b-list talent that usually comes on this show, ...
    I LOVE the b-list talent. They are in between the average person and a big star and are thus, IMO, more believable yet just glamorous/famous enough to make it interesting.

I don't think I'd want a-list talent. I'd be too cynical to believe they were really working at it much less, having fun.

I'd watch Cliffy from Cheers ballroom dance over Tom Cruise anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2348178;
    As for Apolo, he does absolutely nothing for me, I can't find anything sexy or hot about him at all. And part of it has to do with that ugly flap of furball under his lip which makes him look ridiculous in my eyes. But I think he has a really ugly mouth, also, and the way it's hanging half open most of the time makes me want to gift him with a drool cup, so it just goes to show that what's hot for one person is cold for another.
    I just love to read your comments, you say it like you see it. Love it! (Altho I disagree about Apolo. I think he's a cutie-pie.)

I agree, aname! I don't always agree with Nemeses opinion, but I sure love to read them! Very entertaining!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar;2345764;
    It's not age, it's maturity, IMO. I wish her the best!
    Agreed, but no matter how mature an 18 year old is, she's still 18 and will most likely change quite a bit by the time she's 28. If they're mature enough to get married at her young age, it would seem just as feasible to wait a couple years to get married when she's a little older. Their love won't change (if the relationship is real). Anyhow, what do I know? She could very well end up having a 50-year anniversary party with her fiance and I wish her the best of luck. She is a little cutie pie and seems soooooooooo incredibly sweet. (And her brother (the real-life blond one that appeareed this week) is sooooo hot, too! They've got good genetics running in that family.)

As for a gay vibe from Apolo...no, I don't get that at all. If anything, only a very secure heterosexual man would allow a strapping woman like Laila to carry him, even for the comic factor. He knows he's smaller than the other guys, just as Laila is aware that her awesome physique is larger than the other tiny women on the show. She knew that Maks couldn't lift and throw her around like the other guys can do with their smaller partners. So she added in a fresh and hysterical element that I think was wonderful. I think she and Apolo were both great sports and that dance was one of the most fun things I've seen on the show.

I am really enjoying all of Apolo and Julianne's dances. Last weeks samba was fantastic and Monday I thought they danced very well too. I think that Apolo's dancing form improved greatly just from watching Julianne's brother.

btw-what a cutie her brother is. And how fun to see the two of them dance together last night. No wonder they were champs.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2350633;
    I think that Apolo's dancing form improved greatly just from watching Julianne's brother.

btw-what a cutie her brother is.
    I agree, seeing another guy do the moves and give Apolo tips from the male perspective did seem to help him a lot, which is understandable. I wouldn't mind seeing the brother again on the show, although pretty young, he's got charm, cuteness, and the moves.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Yeah, I agree - the brother is a little hottie and a terrific dancer. Maybe, he'll be one of the partner/choreographs next season.

+ Reply to Thread