Billy Ray Cyrus & Karina Smirnoff - Season 4

NAME:
    Billy Ray Cyrus

PROFESSION:
    Actor & Singer

PARTNER:
    Karina Smirnoff

BACKGROUND:
    Singer/songwriter/actor and star of Disney Channel's hit series Hannah Montana, Cyrus will partner with Season Three's finalist, Karina Smirnoff, who returns for her second season. Cyrus first entered the public spotlight with his hit song Achy Breaky Heart. His other acting credits include the feature film Mulholland Drive and the starring role in the series Doc.

NAME:
    Karina Smirnoff

ACHIEVEMENTS:

* Five-time U.S. National Champion
    * World Trophy Champion
    * Asian Open Champion
    * Ranked second in the world

CELEBRITY PARTNER:
    Billy Ray Cyrus

STATS:
    Style: Latin
    Nationality: Russian
    Based in: New Jersey
    Status: Recently split from her partner, working with new Russian partner.

BACKGROUND:
    During Season 3, Karina partnered actor Mario Lopez into second place.

Born in the Ukraine, Karina came to the U.S. with her family at age 12. She began ballet lessons at the age of 5 before moving on to figure skating which she studied for an additional five years. At the age of nine, Karina was introduced to ballroom dancing and fell in love with it.

After high school Karina graduated from Fordham University with a law degree but put her academic studies on hold to pursue her ballroom dancing career in the United Kingdom.

Karina and her former partner Slavik Kryklyvyy shared tremendous success winning the U.S. Championships and many other world titles and were ranked second in the world in the Latin division. Karina is now working with a new Russian partner.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 03-09-2007 at 01:37 AM.

He and his daughter are on this annoying T.V. show that my nieces and nephews watch incessantly. Because of that he's on my #@&^ list!

Plus "Achy Breaky Heart". I mean... I'm not sure I can forgive that.

Also, I once stumbled onto that show "Doc" and watched one episode in a kind of frozen horror. Never again!

Oh well. Lets see how he dances. I just have a feeling... not well. But heck, maybe he can win me over. We shall see!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I love Billy Ray, plus my daughter loves Hannah Montana. I couldn't root against him for that reason alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2254087;
    He and his daughter are on this annoying T.V. show that my nieces and nephews watch incessantly. Because of that he's on my #@&^ list!

Plus "Achy Breaky Heart". I mean... I'm not sure I can forgive that.

Also, I once stumbled onto that show "Doc" and watched one episode in a kind of frozen horror. Never again!

Oh well. Lets see how he dances. I just have a feeling... not well. But heck, maybe he can win me over. We shall see!
    He's OK, but that song! My hubby changed some of the lyrics to it " Don't play a part, of Achy Breaky Heart ... I just don't think you understand. If you play a part of Achy Breaky Heart, I'll step up and shoot the band."

I don't know...he doesn't strike me as being particularly graceful. I seem to have read somewhere, I don't remember where, that he had a hard time learning the line dance for that damnable song of his, and it wasn't even very hard. I think Karina just might have her hands full this time. Either that, or they were trying to give her someone they think will garner the popularity vote as a make good for how things went down last season. I don't know...I am interested to see what kind of vibe she puts off with someone that isn't Mario.

I like him. He may not be a great dancer but I'll bet he will give it a good try.

Good Lord, his hair just gets worse and worse. First the mullet and now this. Is he trying to do his Keith Urban impersonation?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I don't know, but if its a Keith Urban impersonation, its a poor one....

I agree about the hair. It doesn't look good on either of them. Why anyone likes that thin, greasy, stringy look is beyond me.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Awww...I've always loved BRC...mullet and all!

I'd like to see him do well.......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-02-2007, 10:00 PM