+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Billy Ray Cyrus & Karina Smirnoff - Season 4

Re: Billy Ray Cyrus & Karina Smirnoff - Season 4

I was indifferent to BRC before seeing him on DWTS. Now I can say I've come to view him as a classy, gracious gentleman who gives it his all despite being `dance challenged.' I also think he's come across as sincere and just so darn sweet, despite (or in spite of) being stuck with his dance partner. I don't remember much about her from past seasons, but I found her `crying in the bathroom' routine to be immature and frankly insulting and hurtful in regards to the feelings of BRC.Could you make the poor guy fel any worse? I mean, good god, she needs to get that stick out of her butt and RELAX- this is suppossed to be fun-I mean, you work with what you have and you at least acknowledge and appreciate the fact the guy is trying his darndest.
    MY hats off to BRC-he acknowleges every section of the audience and seems genuinely thankful to those people who support him. Class act.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

I think if he had a partner that played to his strength instead of just trying to show off hers - they would both come off better.
    You could tell he was just not comfortable with all the body rubbing she was doing the other night - I'm sure she could have come up with something that didn't involve that and he would not have seemed so uncomfortable.

FORT Newbie

Love BRC, he's like that awkward kid in your square dancing class. So cute.

Karina, ugh, is she still dating Mario Lopez or has he moved on? Maybe that's why she's so crusty.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I've always liked BRC so I'm glad, that if nothing else, people who watch DWTS and didn't like him or know anything about him other than his mullet and his Achy Breaky Heart song, have embraced him for being the man that he is and how he treats his fans. He is truly a good man!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Newbie

Anyone seen this?
    Trouble in paradise for Billy Ray and Karina?

Search on you tube: Billy Ray Cyrus partner pissed off
    You see what I mean

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by dancingforfun;2344101;
    Anyone seen this?
    Trouble in paradise for Billy Ray and Karina?

Search on you tube: Billy Ray Cyrus partner pissed off
    You see what I mean
    Well considering WHO his partner is it doesn't surprise me that she makes those expressions....she did it all last year when it didn't go her way!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Newbie

I really really hope that clip was an "accident" and she is not bullying him around. I dont know what she has to be upset about. They (the professional dancers not only Karina) are not the competitors of the show! The celebrities are. They get paid to teach them the dances and help them progress in the competition. I dont underestimate their contribution and everything but they should relax a little bit with their ambitions.

Billy Ray seems very humble and insecure anyway. He is not the best dancer out there but I dont know many people who could go and try what he does in front of millions LIVE! And the show would have been really boring if the celebrities were all accomplished dancers. Isnt the purpose of the show to see them progress week after week? I am a teacher myself (not a dance teachers) and I know that some people work better with negative feedback and some with positive feedback. To me Karina doesnt seem to be able to make that distinction. I havent seen many scenes that she gives him positive feedback but that can be just editing. But I have seen positive feedback given to the other dancers during rehearsals. A good teacher must be flexible to adapt his/her teaching approaches according to the personality of the student.

Billy Ray has that kind of personality who achieves better if you tell him "that is great, perfect, let's try this one a little more to make it equally good". Apollo has a different personality and you can see how better he progress when his instructor points out all the little details that are going wrong. So as Laila. They are athletes and have a very different mentality. Artists like Billy Ray is are usually very insecure regarding their performance abilities, especially when outside of their familiar waters.

As for the judges I like it that they are strict because that makes the show interesting and maintains a certain quality and standards to the show. JMO

FORT Fanatic

I've been impressed with how gentlemanly and unpretentious BRC is, and how hard he tries. Karina, however, needs to take a long walk off a short pier. What a witch! She's even worse than she was last time with Mr. Dimples.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Well, I applauded BRC from my sofa last night - he deserved it.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I just want to say I will be very sad when Billy Ray gets voted off. He makes me smile. I've always liked his music, but never really paid much attention to him. He seems so sweet and likeable, it's too bad he didn't get a better partner.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-02-2007, 10:00 PM