+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Billy Ray Cyrus & Karina Smirnoff - Season 4

Re: Billy Ray Cyrus & Karina Smirnoff - Season 4

After last season's displays of Karina's poor attitude and poor sportsmanship, I had hoped she wouldn't be back this season, but alas there she was. So then I hoped she had watched herself on TV over the hiatus and saw how she was behaving and would improve, perhaps take some lessons from Kym and Cheryl as to how to be gracious and show good sportsmanship. Again, alas it was not to be. She's still immature, all about herself, poor in choreographing to her partner's strengths, and still a bad sportsman. So once again, I have to hope she won't be back next season. She just really leaves a sour taste in the mouth for this viewer.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Nemesis...I didn't watch last season, so I didn't get to see her in action. However...we are only what....4 shows? into this season and I already hate her. She isn't nice, she thinks her poo doesn't stink, and she has zero concideration for BRC's feelings. Like I said earlier...He really seems to be trying his best and personally, I don't think he is that bad. Especially for someone who admitted at the beginning that he can't dance. He might not be the best, but out of everyone competing, he has the most heart and determination. That might not make him a winner at DWTS, but it makes him a winner at life.

Snoozin' on the beach

BRC is growing on me as is Leeza. They both will never be good dancers but I applaud them both for putting themselves out there infront of millions knowing they stink and busting their butts to get better. That takes alot of courage.

Yeah Kym got saddled with Jerry last season and the both of them made the best of it. I never thought they'd have made it as far as they did and I think that is a reflection on Kym. She took lemons and made lemonade. Woe-is-me crocidile tears from Karina. Wish they could boot her but keep BR, what a horrible person she is

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2324032;
    BRC is growing on me as is Leeza. They both will never be good dancers but I applaud them both for putting themselves out there infront of millions knowing they stink and busting their butts to get better. That takes alot of courage.

Yeah Kym got saddled with Jerry last season and the both of them made the best of it. I never thought they'd have made it as far as they did and I think that is a reflection on Kym. She took lemons and made lemonade. Woe-is-me crocidile tears from Karina. Wish they could boot her but keep BR, what a horrible person she is
    Isn't she just horrible? When she went in the bathroom and cried, I felt so bad for BRC because he is so trying and she's making him feel like a dumb, uncoordinated country-bumpkin. If he feels out of place and out of his league, it's her fault, and when they get eliminated, it will be because of her and not because of BRC.

I hope the producers finally realize she should not be on this show again.

Give this sweetheart of a guy a big gold star for effort. Yes, he is kind of oafish and lead footed on the dance floor, but bless his heart, he is trying his best. And, I agree with Carrie Ann Inaba, he is kind of sexy and hot, even if his style is odd and cloddish. There is something so male about him that he is appealing. I want to reach into the TV and give him a big hug.

Snoozin' on the beach

He's got only himself to thank for being there. The judges were being nice about ihow they said it, but they were right. He's not a good dancer and never will be but he is giving it his all and more and they appreciate that, so do the fans. I was not a BR fan but he won me over with his effort and determination.

How must it feel that you know you stink and no amount of practice will really change that but he still gives it 150%, despite knowing it's an exercise in futility. I think alot of the fans respond to that. Karina can take very little credit for him still being there-it's his heart that has kept him in it more than anything. He'd be better off with a trained monkey as a partner than Veruca Salt.
    Last edited by Shady64; 04-11-2007 at 04:13 PM.

FORT Fogey

The more I think about it, the more I amd tempted to start voting quite a bit for them. I figure it's the best way to torture and punish Karina. She's obviously not enjoying herself. So why not vote for them each week, keep them in as long as possible, start getting her hopes up, and as soon as she starts thinking they could win, put the votes back to the most deserving dancers instead of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2325367;
    The more I think about it, the more I amd tempted to start voting quite a bit for them. I figure it's the best way to torture and punish Karina. She's obviously not enjoying herself. So why not vote for them each week, keep them in as long as possible, start getting her hopes up, and as soon as she starts thinking they could win, put the votes back to the most deserving dancers instead of them.

That's diabolical!

I throw him a vote or two every week, just because he is making the effort. And I always love the look on his face when they tell him he is safe! It's always genuine shock.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2326666;
    That's diabolical!

I throw him a vote or two every week, just because he is making the effort. And I always love the look on his face when they tell him he is safe! It's always genuine shock.
    Its nice to read on here that some fans are seeing a side of Billy Ray that his fans have seen over the years. We love him for his dedication to his fans and always doing well over 100% in anything he attempts. I give him all my votes and nice to see that some of you are giving him some votes also. Billy Ray and Karina are going to be around for a while and you guys may see him improving. Now that he has gained some of his confidence he is wanting to get better scores so he is going to try even harder. He has decided that he likes being on the show and want to earn some 8's from the judges. I think this samba may just show everyone how well he can move those hips.

FORT Fan

I don't really understand why everyone is so down on Karina. I think she just has naturally frowning-shaped eyebrows that make her look scowling when she doesn't feel that way. Actually I sympathise because I have the same problem: my face looks grim and angry when it's relaxed, and my daughter tells me her friends are afraid of me. I don't want to penalize Karina for her eyebrows, and I admire her dancing.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-02-2007, 10:00 PM