+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Billy Ray Cyrus & Karina Smirnoff - Season 4

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I just can't like this guy because of his partner. I hate her attitude and her whole demeanor
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2310280;
    I just can't like this guy because of his partner. I hate her attitude and her whole demeanor
    I can't stand her either, but it's pretty funny she is paired with someone who tries, but isn't a natural dancer. Last year, her partner was a natural dancer, but often didn't seem to try very hard.

Re: Billy Ray Cyrus & Karina Smirnoff - Season 4

I feel so bad for Billy Ray. He is trying so hard but his partner makes him feel like crap. I think she truly hurts his feelings when she acts like that. Then he kinda puts himself down and apologizes because she is stuck with him. It is so sad. She should just help him do the best he can do without putting him down or acting like she is so disappointed.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

^^ Exactly. I realize he is not a very good dancer - I think he realizes that, too. He has no false illusions of grandeur here - he is simply giving it his best shot and he doesn't need the likes of Karina the rat-faced little b!tch making him feel inferior. She is such a brat, I cannot stand her. I had issues with her last season, and this season it is unbearable to watch her. I really like BRC and I wish him the best, but I am ready for him to go so I don't have to see his stupid partner on my TV every week, and also so she won't get the chance to make him feel any worse. He seems like a genuinely sweet man, and I am sorry he got stuck with her!

FORT Fogey

When she went into the bathroom to cry last night, I felt sorry for her for a second. A tiny part of me was even tempted to call in and give them a sympathy vote. But then, I remembered that nasty nasty snarl on her face in last year's finale when she found out she didn't win, and all the sympathy and temptation I had to vote for them went away. She is talented, but not a good enough dancer to have the attitude that she does. The best pros on that show are not just good dancers - they're good teachers. Billy Ray is trying hard. If she was a better teacher, I'm willing to bet they'd be a better team.

Remote Goddess, I agree with you. At least she is lucky enough to get a partner who is really trying, in spite of his lack of ability. She should be grateful she ended up with BRC. It could be worse. She could have got Clyde. When BRC said he felt bad for her because she got stuck with him....I teared up. She shouldn't make him feel that way. He isn't the worse dancer on the show and he really puts his heart in it. I have a lot of respect for him. He is out of his comfort zone and making the best of it anyway. He is very humble and has no illusion that he is the best or should get higher scores. The shock on his face when he recieved his scores was priceless. I didn't like him at first, but he is growing on me. Karina needs someone to open a large can of whoop ass on her. I nominate....me. Or Heather...lol. Heather could beat her with her leg.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2323023;
    Karina needs someone to open a large can of whoop ass on her. I nominate....me. Or Heather...lol. Heather could beat her with her leg.
    I would pay good money to see this!!

Snoozin' on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2322986;
    When she went into the bathroom to cry last night, I felt sorry for her for a second. A tiny part of me was even tempted to call in and give them a sympathy vote. But then, I remembered that nasty nasty snarl on her face in last year's finale when she found out she didn't win, and all the sympathy and temptation I had to vote for them went away. She is talented, but not a good enough dancer to have the attitude that she does. The best pros on that show are not just good dancers - they're good teachers. Billy Ray is trying hard. If she was a better teacher, I'm willing to bet they'd be a better team.

That was the whole point of turning on the waterworks-to get sympathy votes. Convinient a camera was right there to catch it. She's a witch and while she may be a good dancer, she is the worst teacher and choreographer-plus a poor excuse for a human being. Unlike last season, they didn't give her a ringer this season and she actually has to work the way the rest of them did in previous seasons. Her only interest seems to be making HERSELF look good and BR is ruining it for her. He may not be a good dancer but he's the one I have sympathy for with the partner he got stuck with.

I too have sympathy for BRC. He seems so sweet and is genuinely trying to dance. He's working hard and all he gets is someone making him feel like dirt by crying? I have no sympathy for her at all. I did for Ashley a few seasons ago with MasterP because it was clear he didn't care and didn't try. At least BRC is trying to do it.

Karina got a natural dancer with some experience at dancing last year (even if it's not ballroom, it's still knowing how to count and do things on the beat). This year she got stuck with someone not very good and has sour grapes. What a whiner. Kim last year was saddled with Jerry Springer and managed to make it fun for him and herself but doing fun routines. They kept us entertained despite not having the best dances. That's how a good pro will work with these stars. Cheryl exhibits it every season she's been on--making her partner look good. Jonathan is proving this year he is capable of doing that very thing with Heather. We don't see him crying about it, just working around it. Karina needs to grow up a little bit and get over herself. The show is not about her, no matter what she may think.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

How cute was BRC when Len complimented him last night? He deserved it too - he definitely gave it his all on the dance floor.

And, Shady, I disagree - Karina may not be the best teacher, but I think her choreography has been pretty good. The dances are interesting. I didn't watch last season, so I didn't see any of Karina's attitude from then. Based just on this season, she doesn't seem all that bad. But, I could be wrong.

BRC deserves to stick around for a while. That man has a lot of heart and dedication.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-02-2007, 10:00 PM