+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: DWtS Season 4 Watch: Stars Who Are Signing or Interested

DWtS Season 4 Watch: Stars Who Are Signing or Interested

News from UK Media:

Showbiz News
    Jennifer Aniston's dance challenge
    Thursday, 23rd November 2006, 12:18

LIFE STYLE EXTRA (UK) - Jennifer Aniston is considering appearing on a celebrity dance show.

The former 'Friends' actress is an avid fan of US pView the profile for Jennifer Aniston on Celebrity Spotlightrogramme 'Dancing With The Stars' - which sees celebrities coupled with professional ballroom dancers and then compete against one-another in knock-out rounds - and is delighted bosses have invited her to participate.

A source told Britain's Daily Express newspaper: "She's seriously considering doing the show and thinks it would be a laugh."

Last week, former American football player Emmitt Smith was crowned winner of this year's ABC show - which is based on the British series 'Strictly Come Dancing'.

He saw off stiff competition from a host of stars including talk show host Jerry Springer actress Vivica A. Fox and actor Mario Lopez.

Jennifer is not the only celebrity to admit to being a devoted fan.

British royal Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, recently expressed a desire to appear on the show.

She said: "I'd quite like to go on 'Dancing With The Stars. I'd like them to teach me the tango."

The 47-year-old duchess - who divorced Prince Andrew in 1996 - developed a passion for the romantic dance while in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

She explained: "I did go to the oldest tango place and I did look at it and think, 'I can try this.'"

(c) BANG Media International.
    Well, I admit it would be interesting to see Jennifer Aniston on the show. I did enjoy her on Friends. But I dunno, not so sure I can see her being on the show.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

On the other hand, apparently we do know of one season 4 celeb who's signed up for the show: none other than the Duchess of York herself, Fergie:

Britain's Sarah Ferguson To "Dance With The Stars"
    December 11, 2006 8:59 a.m. EST

Maira Oliveira - All Headline News Reporter

London, UK (BANG) - Britain's Sarah Ferguson is set to be a contestant on a TV celebrity dance show.

The Duchess of York has been invited by 'Dancing With The Stars' bosses to appear on the show - which sees celebrities and professional ballroom dancers in a knock-out competition - after she revealed she was a huge fan of the program.

The show's producer Conrad Green told Britain's Daily Express newspaper:

"Fergie will add a touch of class to the proceedings and the fans will be waiting to see if she falls for her dance partner.

"Everyone loves a royal romance and her presence will bring dazzling ratings.

"We like having a mixture and we've not had a duchess."

The duchess confessed she was desperate to go on the show because she wanted help with her footwork.

She said: "I'd quite like to go on 'Dancing With The Stars'. I'd like them to teach me the tango."

The 47-year-old - who divorced Prince Andrew in 1996 - developed a passion for the romantic dance while in Argentina.

She explained: "I did go to the oldest tango place and think, 'I can try this.'"
    At first I was confused about which version of DWtS she was to appear on, the US version or the UK version, but since it mentions Conrad Green, who produces the US version, I guess that settles that question.

Well, good for Fergie! Tallyho and all that! I think she'll be a fun contestant this season. I have no idea how well she'll do, but that's a nice addition to the show's cast of celebrities.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I like Jennifer Aniston too and think it would be great if she was on the show. However, I have a hard time believing that someone of her star caliber would be on the same show with people like Jerry Springer and Mario Lopez.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Now who should be paired with Sarah??? My vote goes for Nick..he's elegant and IMO would fit in with her, moreso that Louis or Max.

I also have a hard time believing that Jennifer Aniston would appear on DWTS...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Apparently Kamar de los Reyes (Antonio) from One Life to Live is in talks to be on the show as well.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2177293;
    Apparently Kamar de los Reyes (Antonio) from One Life to Live is in talks to be on the show as well.
    I don't watch One Life to Live so I had to google him...WOW! As Borat would say..."very nice"....

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

How will they judge the Duchess of York if she is a competitor? The judges can be get mighty caustic at times and I just can't see them "judging" the Duchess the same as the others. Maybe she should compete in England where the show also runs.

Oh, I dunno, I don't think the judges will have any problems judging Fergie as they do all the other celebs. And Sarah, the Duchess of York, has proven time and again that she has a wicked sense of humor herself and can give as she gets, so it might actually be fun And she's had enough experience with the entertainment industry (as a television personality, appeared in those weight-loss commercials, etc) that she knows what to expect. She also stated that she's watched the previous seasons of DWtS, so she understands how the judges can be.

I think she'll be okay. And I doubt the judges will treat her any differently.

CarrieAnn will probably treat Fergie with the typical American disregard for titles, but I could she Len bowing and scraping and Bruno would no doubt tone down his incomprehensible comments.

The problem with getting a star as big as Jennifer is the size of her fan base. She could totally suck and still end up winning.

Joey Fatone from NSYNC is apparently going to be on the 4th season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast