+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DWtS Season 4 Watch: Stars Who Are Signing or Interested

Please don't let this one be true!!

Heather Mills to Join 'Dancing With the Stars'?
    AOL
    (Feb. 13) - Heather Mills, who is currently wrapped up in a high profile divorce battle with estranged husband Paul McCartney, reportedly has plans to join the new cast of 'Dancing With The Stars.'

A source told Britain's Daily Express newspaper: "Some may think this is a surprising way for Heather to raise her profile in the US but she has never been stifled by her disability. She is a great skier and a superb dancer."

According the report, Mills plans to donate her appearance fee to animal charity Viva. The activist and former model had to have her left leg amputated below the knee in 1993 after being hit by a motorcyle.

The source added: "Heather is keen o build a TV career in the US. The fact she apparently feels she can do the show despite her false leg is bound to create sympathy and headlines."

Meanwhile, Sir Paul may also be heading to American airwaves. Producers of 'American Idol' have reportedly been pursuing the ex-Beatle to appear as a judge on the hit talent show.

Last week, it was reported McCartney had offered Mills a $49 million divorce settlement.
    Last edited by Dicechick; 02-14-2007 at 03:32 PM. Reason: remove text that was under a picture
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

The source added: "Heather is keen o build a TV career in the US. The fact she apparently feels she can do the show despite her false leg is bound to create sympathy and headlines."

Great proofreading, AOL! :nono

I don't care what she wants to build or create; I just don't want to have to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicechick;2241264;
    I don't care what she wants to build or create; I just don't want to have to watch it.
    I don't want to see it either.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2238303;
    Not sure how you heard that it would be on this Friday. I've searched everywhere and the only thing I could find was a blurb on ABC.com that said that it would be announced on a Friday closer to the premiere date which is March 19 I believe.
    nilesgirl, I saw this link on another forum from Access Hollywood saying the announcement takes place Wednesday morning, Feb. 21st on Good Morning America with Jerry Springer making the announcement!

(it's halfway through the article about Heather Mills)

[url=Heather Mills To Join 'Dancing With The Stars'?
    LOS ANGELES (February 13, 2007) -- She still may be in immersed in a heated divorce battle with Paul McCartney, but hopefully Heather Mills still has her dancing shoes.

She's gonna need 'em.

According to reports, Heather, 38, has signed on for the upcoming season of ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."

She will reportedly donate earnings from the show to an animal welfare charity.

When contacted by Access Hollywood, ABC had no comment on the report.

A rep for Heather told Access, "I have no word on that. I have no statement at this time."

[B]The new "DWTS" cast will be revealed February 21 on "Good Morning America," where former "Dancing" star Jerry Springer will announce the newbies[/B].

Other names rumored to be joining this year's show include Billy Ray Cyrus, Joey Fatone, Danica McKellar, Ian Ziering and Laila Ali.

In late January, Heather's lawyers refuted rumors she had agreed to a $63 million settlement in her pending divorce with Paul. The couple announced their split in May after four years of marriage.

They have a 3-year-old daughter, Beatrice.

In 1993, Heather lost the lower part of her left leg after being hit by a police motorcycle
    accesshollywood
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Hopefully Miss Mills will be an early boot. I want to be able to enjoy the show although it is nice that she is willing to donate proceeds to a charity. Don't most of the contestants do that anyway?
    I don't know why I am so against her because I don't know her personally... I just don't care for her. I am having the hardest time trying to find the right words to express my thoughts on this.
    I have been a Paul McCartney fan just about my whole life and his relationship with her was his choice whether his fans liked it or not. Ok, I have typed and backspaced over too much already - maybe someone else will come along and be able to put it eloquently why she shouldn't be there.

FORT Newbie

Heather Mills

I hope this isn't true.

This country has a lot of BEATLE fans; especially Paul fans.
    She's got to be kidding thinking she'd have any kind of fan base here.
    Notice she didn't try this in the UK.

I feel sorry for the male pro who gets paired with her; they'll probably
    be the first couple elimiinated.

viki-nyc

Well, I guess I have to admit I hope she isn't going to be on DWtS 4, also. I really don't care or know anything about a fanbase she may or may not have, nor do I know if Paul's fanbase would affect the voting. I just don't want anyone turning DWtS into a stage for personal missions, I'd like to keep it something I can tune into each week just to watch the dancing, as I've managed to keep it for me since season 1. I don't really care who wins (unless it's someone really truly totally obnoxious), I just want to enjoy the dancing fun each week and see a few celebs out of their element but enjoying themselves, and some good professional dancers entertaining me. I don't want to hear some supposedly blessedly noble reason they want me to believe they're doing it for, I just want them to enjoy dancing, be pleasant when speaking, and be entertaining purely for entertainment's sake.

Dance, my little celeb puppets, dance!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2234295;
    Even if Apolo isn't 100% thrilled about doing this, and we can't be sure of that, he isn't Master Pee. He won't want to make a fool of himself and he is afterall an Olympic medalist. Apolo is no stranger to hard, physical work that involves long hours and even though that doesn't mean he can dance, it would seem likely. I'm not an Ashley fan and think she would be lucky to get him.
    I agree. I believe that he would work hard and do his best. And I also think he might be very good. I'd like to see.

I believe it is tomorrow (February 21) or maybe another day this week. Sorry really wasn't paying attention to the ad. On ABC's Good Morning America they are going to have an exclusive announcement of the celebrities for the next edition of DWTS.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by redjdv;2249597;
    I believe it is tomorrow (February 21) or maybe another day this week. Sorry really wasn't paying attention to the ad. On ABC's Good Morning America they are going to have an exclusive announcement of the celebrities for the next edition of DWTS.
    I think it is the 21st because Entertainment Tonight said something about revealing who was going to be on there!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread