+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DWtS Season 4 Watch: Stars Who Are Signing or Interested

I'm not going to quote the whole post above me, but I will say that yes, those are the same 4 they mentioned yesterday on MSNBC's Tucker show.

I can't wait to see Ian Ziering. He was always a favorite of mine on the show and I think I watched every episode of that show
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I would love to see Joey Fatone, but just because I am a dorky Nsync fan He did do a lot of dancing while in the band, but he and Chris were the worst dancers by far and always got picked on by the other guys. He doesnt have that "natural" dancing and rhythm ability that Joey Lawrence and Mario have - so it could be interesting to see him develop.
    Live Love Laugh

FORT Fogey
    I didn't start watching Season 2 for a few weeks because I didn't think I'd like the cast. Jerry Springer? Come on!

Lo and behold, Jerry, Emmitt (who I'd never, ever heard of) were two of my absolute favorites. The cast thusfar announced is not exciting to me, but I hope I get sucked in the way I did last season. Although, Jerry's father/daughter story and Emmitt's charm will be nearly impossible to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2215476;
    I didn't start watching Season 2 for a few weeks because I didn't think I'd like the cast. Jerry Springer? Come on!

Lo and behold, Jerry, Emmitt (who I'd never, ever heard of) were two of my absolute favorites. The cast thusfar announced is not exciting to me, but I hope I get sucked in the way I did last season. Although, Jerry's father/daughter story and Emmitt's charm will be nearly impossible to beat.
    Season 3, you mean

But I agree with you in that I didn't do any cartwheels over the cast of last season when I heard it announced. I'd never even heard of Tucker Carlson, Emmitt Smith, Willa Ford, or Shanna Moakler. I don't follow any sports, so sports figures of any season past or future don't excite me. Harry Hamlin was expected, since Lisa Rinna couldn't keep her mouth shut about it from the time she was first allowed to say anything, but I was never a Harry Hamlin fan. Didn't hate him, but didn't like him either, and always thought he was one ugly actor, even from way back when Ursula Andress first married him. Vivica Fox was known, but I didn't have feelings about her one way or the other. Sara Evans was a name I knew, but again, did nothing for me one way or the other. Same with Joey Lawrence. Like you, I figured I'd hate Jerry Springer, since I can't stand what he does for a living and don't find him to be a person who's morals and past actions I approve of. Mario Lopez was the only one who even slightly got a nod of "that will be fun" from me, since he seemed to be a nice kid (I'd only known him from an occasional tv or movie appearance and from seeing him host the Animal Planet show where he seemed to be very likeable)

As it turned out, Jerry was indeed fun to see on the show. (my personal opinion of his morals and occupation hasn't changed, but I was still entertained by his DWtS stint) Mario turned out to be very UNlikeable and my opinion of him couldn't be much lower now. As personalities, I didn't like Sarah or Willa. Joey turned out to be a good casting choice. Shanna... well, I have trouble even remembering her on the show, same for Carlson. And to my great surprise, Emmitt turned out to be a gem and as full of charm as a person can be. And I find that Cheryl is turning out to be a major draw. So like you, I'm not excited about any of the ones announced to be on this season so far, but I acknowledge that you just never know how they'll be once the season begins, so am open to being entertained

Note to producers: Just please, I beg you, don't sign up Lisa Rinna's lips to be in the show.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I think the Jennifer Aniston thing was blown out of proportion. You know how the media can create stories out of anything.

What *most likely* happened was that a reporter jokingly asked her if she'd do the show, and she said that it would be a good laugh. She (of course) wouldn't want to insult the program even if she didn't like the show. And since she likes the show she thinks it would be fun. But it was nothing more than that. She wasn't offered a spot, and she wasn't begging for a spot. This could happen to any celeb who is asked if they'd like to be on the show.

As for the names already announced, it seems kinda predictable. C-rate stars who could just as easily been on "The Surreal Life".

Quote Originally Posted by Axeljoe;2217728;
    I think the Jennifer Aniston thing was blown out of proportion. You know how the media can create stories out of anything.
    I don't think it was "blown out of proportion", since it was mentioned about one time then never mentioned again. It was show fans idly chatting during off-season who talked about it, not the media. And us fans will have rambling chats about anything while waiting for our shows to return. I don't see where anyone ever took the notion of Aniston being on DWtS seriously
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Did anyone else catch the canned interview playing on some radio stations now where Cheryl Burke mentions (in response to being asked what's in her future right now) that she's going to be pretty busy for the next few months with something she can't talk about right now? I didn't catch the whole interview, so wondering if anyone else did and can fill in the gaps.

I have no idea when the interview was taped (other than sometime this month of January 2007). It's one of those canned interviews where the interviewer and interviewee sit down and tape an interview which is then distributed to radio stations who purchase it for local airplay. I know it was taped this month because the interviewer wished her a happy new year, and later asked if she had any news she could share regarding season 4 (she didn't).

Anyway, I didn't catch the entire interview, as I only caught what I did while station-surfing. But that intrigues me, her being busy for the next few months, but can't say why. I'm hoping it means she's going to be on Season 4. DWtS just wouldn't be quite the same without her unique contribution to it. So... here's hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2217895;
    And us fans will have rambling chats about anything while waiting for our shows to return.
    Isn't that the truth!

FORT Newbie
    I just read at E! on-line that Apollo Ohno, the Olympic Speed Skater, has signed on for Season 4.

+ Reply to Thread