+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DWtS Season 4 Watch: Stars Who Are Signing or Interested

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I'll hold off on posting alot too but I am really sad that Louis is not going to be on there too!

Ian is going to have alot of pressure on him to live up to the 2 previous winners though!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Ok, I was just told that normal procedure for making the official individual threads is to wait until a little closer to the premier air-date. Okay, no problem and good to know how it works, so I appreciate knowing.

So I guess I'll go ahead and post just a bit about the individuals until then. I promise, mods, not to post too much or something that might have to be moved to the individual threads. *holds up right hand and makes an oath*

Anyway, here's my take on the season 4 cast:

Heather Mills: "We thought it would be interesting to have someone with a disability on because we wanted to prove that dancing is something anyone can do," Greene tells PEOPLE about Paul McCartney's estranged wife, 39, who was one of the most buzzed-about rumored cast members. "She really wants to prove to people that a disability doesn't hamper you in any
    way."
    As I've already said in the other thread, I don't like seeing my favorite shows like this turned into a 'Cause of the Season' event, so I have to give a thump upside the head to ABC for this. Aside from that, though, Heather Mills doesn't excite me in the least. From the little I've seen of her, she doesn't seem to have much personality. I'll give her a chance, but I can't see myself being interested in her much.
    Her dance partner is Jonathan Roberts, and I have no opinion of him.

Billy Ray Cyrus: The 45-year-old country singer, who stars with his daughter Miley Cyrus on the Disney Channel's hit show Hanna Montana, was "terrified" about joining Dancing. "He said, 'You don't understand. I can hardly do the achy-breaky dance, let alone a whole routine.' (But) I think he's going to really apply himself," says Greene.
    I was never a Billy Ray Cyrus fan, although I didn't dislike him either. But this is an interesting addition, and I think his attitude will be good. Whether he'll be able to do well is anyone's guess, but he'll be interesting to watch, I think.
    His partner is Karina Smirnoff. Lord have mercy on his soul! And I was kind of hoping she wouldn't be back this season. Oh well, I hope she's a better sport than Her Highness was last season.

Leeza Gibbons: "I think for her turning 50, she wants to be opening new chapters – not closing them," Greene says of the 49-year-old former Entertainment Tonight and Extra anchorwoman, who now hosts her own syndicated radio show. "I think there will be a lot of women around the country who will really associate with her and what she's doing."
    Unexpected, but very interesting choice. Leeza's got a great personality and seems to put her all into everything I've seen her get involved in, so I think I'll enjoy watching her this season.
    Her partner is Tony Dovolani. Well, I have no special opinion about him, one way or the other. But he was cheated out of a possible full season last year, and since I like Leeza, hopefully he'll have a better season this time.

Joey Fatone: The former 'N Sync member is no stranger to fancy footwork from his boy-band days. But ballroom dancing is something new for Fatone, 30. "He says he hasn't got a clue how good he's going to be," says Greene. "He's never done anything like this."
    Well, we've known for some time that he was going to be in season 4, so no surprise there. I don't really have any idea what to expect from him, though he seems to be good-natured from the limited experience I've had with viewing him. I'll be interested to see how he does.
    His partner is Kym Johnson, Jerry Springer's partner from last season. Well, she did great for what she had to work with last season, so it'll be fun to see what she can do this season

Laila Ali: A personal trainer and daughter of boxing legend Muhammad Ali, Laila, 29, has also entered the ring herself. "The challenge for her will be being light enough on your feet," says Greene. "She's had to bulk up, get muscular in order to box. So it's going to be getting the grace."
    Another one we've known about for some time, no surprise here. It'll be interesting to watch her, and watch her go from powerhouse to gracefully light. But somehow I think she'll be able to pull it off. She'll be an interesting watch.
    Her partner is Maksim Chmerkovskiy. I'm in the big minority here in that I've never been a fan of Maksim. I don't like his looks, and I don't like his personality that we've been allowed to see so far. Of course, it doesn't help that I really disliked his partner last season (Willa Ford). I liked his first partner, Tia Carrere, but never could get a liking for him. His choreography has never excited me. So apparently it's just something about him that doesn't click for me, and again, I acknowledge that most posters here do like him, so for those who do, I'm glad he's back again for you. But for me.. meh.

Vincent Pastore: No stranger to reality shows, the former Sopranos star appeared on VH1's Celebrity Fit Club last season. "He just turned 60 and he had a heart condition last year," says Greene. "If Vincent can do it, anybody can do it. This is a show about real people taking it on. He embodies it more than anyone on the show."
    This one doesn't excite me in the least, either. I don't watch The Soprano's, don't like that show, so I don't have that much experience viewing Vincent, other than from CFC and a few odd tv shows and movies. I'll give him a chance, but not expecting much from him. Considering his heart problems, though, I hope he's going to be okay... this show is physically demanding on a
    person.
    His partner is Edyta Sliwinska, who's had an interesting assortment of celeb partners already -- Evander Holyfield, George Hamilton, Joey Lawrence. So she's used to working with all levels of celeb skills. Hopefully, she'll have learned to dress herself better since last season though. No more garbage bags worn as costumes

Apolo Anton Ohno: At 24, the Olympic speed-skating champion is the youngest competitor to strap on his Dancing shoes. "It's great to get someone in the middle of their career," says Greene. "(And) it doesn't hurt that he's a great-looking guy."
    Well, looking at the pictures of him, he's not "great-looking" to me. In fact, he reminds me of any number of snot-nosed kids who are full of attitude and self-righteousness. I don't find him attractive in the least, and I sure don't like anything I've heard about him so far. Being a young athlete, I have no doubt he'll perform well, but I don't think I'm going to enjoy watching him if his
    attitude is one of superiority. And I sincerely hope he proves me wrong about the attitude he seems to have.
    His dance partner is Julieanne Hough, whom I have no opinion on, having not seen her dance yet.

Paulina Porizkova: Already a fan of the show, the 41-year-old Czech-born supermodel (named one of PEOPLE's 50 Most Beautiful in 1990 and 1992) "just wanted to get out there and dance," says Greene.
    A supermodel who wants to dance. Okay, whatever. Sure, why not? Nothing exciting about her, but nothing to dislike, either. At least not yet. We'll see what she has to offer.
    Her partner is Alec Mazo, the partner of Kelly Monaco from season 1. Hard to remember him that well, especially since anything to do with Kelly Monaco is something I try to get out of my head, but I seem to remember he did pretty well and had some interesting choreography. Paulina may have lucked out in the draw for pro partners -- not sure yet.

Clyde Drexler: The basketball Hall of Famer follows in the footsteps of fellow Dancing athletes Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice. "He's a legend," says Greene of Drexler, 44. "Along with people like Emmitt and Jerry, he's one of those people who's the very best at their sport."
    Just like with any sports figure, all I can say is "who?". I know nothing about any of these sports guys they've had on, until I see them on the show. So all I can say at this point is okay, I'll watch and see what he's got.
    His partner is Elena Grinenko, who we only got to see in one episode last season, since she and Tucker Carlson were the first voted off. So I really have no idea what to expect with this combination.

Ian Ziering: "I got the sense with Ian he's really going to throw himself into it," says Greene about Ziering, 42, who's best known for playing Steve Sanders on the hit show Beverly Hills 90210.
    lol, ABC didn't have much to say about this guy, eh?
    I know this guy must have a lot of fans, but -- apologies to those who like him -- he just looks really creepy, to me. I've caught a few minutes of him here and there in some tv shows, but was never intrigued enough to keep watching him. So sure, I'll watch him, but not expecting anything special.
    His partner is Cheryl Burke, so he was the winner of the pro dancer draw. I hope he knows how lucky he is. But for my part, I soooo wish Cheryl had been paired with someone I could like My poor Cheryl. *sigh* Oh well, if anyone can make a silk purse out of a cow's ear, Cheryl can do it, and I have to root for Cheryl, no matter what.

Shandi Finnessey: The 28-year-old beauty queen, who was crowned Miss USA in 2004, brings "poise" and a "vivacious personality" to Dancing, says Greene.
    This was a surprise, and I have to say a nice one. I see Shandi on Playmania and on Lingo, and she seems like such a sweetheart, and very lovely, also. And I have nothing to base this on, but I think she'll do well, she just seems to be athletic and graceful, and willing to work hard at something. Of all those in season 4, going in before the first episode has aired, I think Shandi is the one I'm most hopeful for, and who I like most.
    Her partner is Brian Fortuna, a newcomer. I hope he does well by Shandi, since I really like her. Better watch yourself, Brian! :nono
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Oh, where were my manners yesterday? It was very remiss of me not to thank you, combatcutie, for taking the time to post the cast names and pairings so quickly after they were announced on GMA.

Fast work, and very much appreciated! Thank you!
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I bet ol' Heather is hoping they don't get the rights to play "I'm Happy Just to Dance With You" on DWTS, hehe.

No Ashly? Maybe she and her sisters will get to do a routine this season.

My daughter and I love to watch DWTS together, and she was especially excited to hear that BRC was going to be on. She was rooting for Monique from "High School Musical" last year. She's a "Hannah Montana" fan, and appropriated my BRC CD as her own. LOL Too bad for him that he's paired with Karina.

Other than the basketball player and the Miss USA, I'd at least heard of everyone else this season. There seems to be at least one or two every season that I'm completely unfamiliar with.

Quote Originally Posted by vikinyc;2250059;
    No Louis Van amstel this season. Bummer!
    Aww, poor Louis. He was a victim of his height for this season

Here's an excerpt from his blog posted earlier today:

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Season 4...No More

As you may have already heard, the couples for season 4 of DWTS have
    been announced and guess what…I'm not one of them.

I got the first call early last week that I wasn't going to have a
    celebrity dance partner this season, due to the simple fact that by
    sheer chance, all the female celebrities are 5' 9'' or taller. Since
    I am 5' 8'', I am unlucky this season.

But this is nothing to worry about because although I won't be
    competing in the show, I'll be very involved in the results show as a
    professional dancer and will have my hand in lots of choreography
    work. This is kind of nice, because I get to spend more time really
    focusing on the creation of the pieces rather than in previous seasons
    scrambling, sometimes in less than 2 days, to put the whole thing
    together. I'll also be supporting all the couples in spirit and if
    they need help I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by dcamonkeys;2253153;
    No Ashly? Maybe she and her sisters will get to do a routine this season.

My daughter and I love to watch DWTS together, and she was especially excited to hear that BRC was going to be on. She was rooting for Monique from "High School Musical" last year. She's a "Hannah Montana" fan, and appropriated my BRC CD as her own. LOL Too bad for him that he's paired with Karina.

Other than the basketball player and the Miss USA, I'd at least heard of everyone else this season. There seems to be at least one or two every season that I'm completely unfamiliar with.
    No Ashly because she's expecting in July, as per her website, which I can't post yet because I haven't been here long enough. She does have an ultrasound picture up there, though, which I thought was sweet of her to share with us.

Maybe it says somewhere in the posts. But...how do they partner up the stars and dancers? Do they draw a name? Or are they assigned?

Quote Originally Posted by redjdv;2254352;
    Maybe it says somewhere in the posts. But...how do they partner up the stars and dancers? Do they draw a name? Or are they assigned?
    I think last season they talked about this. The partners are assigned by TPTB with height being the main factor. The professionals and "stars" have NO say in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkcrzy1972;2254337;
    No Ashly because she's expecting in July, as per her website, which I can't post yet because I haven't been here long enough. She does have an ultrasound picture up there, though, which I thought was sweet of her to share with us.
    Either I hadn't heard that she was pregnant, or I forgot. Probably the latter. Congratulations to Ashly and her husband.

+ Reply to Thread