+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who would you like to see Next Season (sports alums)?

FORT Fogey

Who would you like to see Next Season (sports alums)?

All season I've tried to think of football folks who were as globally loved as Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith (2 of my all time favs). Not too many came to mind, so I expanded to other sports...these are my picks:

Michael Jordan (adorable)
    Mia Hamm (such body control, and beautiful)
    Doug Flutie (fans in Boston, Canada, San Diego and Buffalo)
    maybe Magic Johnson
    Comic: Charles Barkeley
    Sheryl Swoopes or Becky Hammon from WNBA

Who else?

FORT Fogey
    Charles Barkley would be fantastic from an entertainment standpoint. So would Jim McMahon.

FORT Fanatic
    if they got Michael Jordan- I would watch!!! Ratings would definitely go way up

I don't follow any sports, so I have no one to nominate here. But out of respect for my pal Mrs CWebb here on FoRT, I'll nominate Chris Webb for her!

I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Rice and Smith were both known as graceful limber guys in their careers. And neither is so tall they'd be awkward with most of the female partners you could put them with.

Someone like Michael Jordan, for all that he was one of the most superb athletes in the world, would be a disaster of Evander Hollyfield-like proportions. First, there's the height. To dance even halfway convincingly their can't be TOO great a height difference between partners. So unless this is an all-amateur edition and you pair MJ with a WNBA player, it ain't gonna work. Also, while Jordan has his own kind of extreme grace, he's too angular to pull off most of the moves we've seen on DWTS. Jordan is like this large improbable bird who can fly through the air for a slam dunk--but it doesn't much involve posture, or movement of his feet, or anything else which gives me hope he'd be a good dancer. Jordan has an extreme kinetic awareness, its true, but its of his body as a whole, not of the individual parts.

You know... he might totally suck, but as a "out of left field" choice I might try someone like Andre Agassi if I were them.

Or... if they intend to go on cheating with participants, why not cheat big time? Have a pro ice skater on. You could argue the movements are totally different. I mean if you can have a former child star who was in a dance troupe, why not an ice skater?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Might be fun to see Brett Hull.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I also agree that Charles Barkley would be great entertainment and may actually surprise us!

How 'bout:
    Bo Jackson (football/baseball)
    Ronde or Tiki Barber (football)
    John McEnroe (tennis)
    Brian Boitano (figure skating)
    Cal Ripken, Jr. (baseball)
    Rick Fox (basketball)
    Mia Hamm (soccer)
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2144517;
    I don't follow any sports, so I have no one to nominate here. But out of respect for my pal Mrs CWebb here on FoRT, I'll nominate Chris Webber for her!

Fixed. But my man is still playing so he can't join this list. Plus, I'm very possessive ....he's only dancing WITH ME!!!

Or... if they intend to go on cheating with participants, why not cheat big time? Have a pro ice skater on. You could argue the movements are totally different. I mean if you can have a former child star who was in a dance troupe, why not an ice skater?

Actually, I think I'd enjoy seeing a professional skater on DWTS.....good idea!

As for cheating, obviously NO ONE cheated according to ABC rules (only yours), or they would have been disqualified from the competition.

If Micheal Jordan was on it everyone would be watching but I'm not a big fan of Jordan, I'd much rather see Charles Barkley on there than Micheal Jordan, he'd be hilarious.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast