+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who would you like to see Next Season (sports alums)?

FORT Fogey
    Ice skaters might be a wonderful idea, at least the men, I think the women tend to be small, like gymnasts, and just as hard to pair with a dancer. I love the idea of the Iron Man Cal Ripken.

Another footballer, John Elway might also get a lot of fans, and he was limber enough to break away from real big tacklers. Or...Bernie Sanders, the running back from Detroit - who carried tacklers on his back.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;2145747;
    Ice skaters might be a wonderful idea, at least the men, I think the women tend to be small, like gymnasts, and just as hard to pair with a dancer. I love the idea of the Iron Man Cal Ripken.

Another footballer, John Elway might also get a lot of fans, and he was limber enough to break away from real big tacklers. Or...Bernie Sanders, the running back from Detroit - who carried tacklers on his back.
    That would be Barry Sanders. Bernie Sanders is the recently elected Independent Senator from Vermont (Yeah Bernie! He's our man!!)

FORT Fogey
    But you never know - some of the Senate breaks are long enough, Bernie Sanders may make an interesting contestant too!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2144628;
    Or... if they intend to go on cheating with participants, why not cheat big time? Have a pro ice skater on. You could argue the movements are totally different. I mean if you can have a former child star who was in a dance troupe, why not an ice skater?
    But actually, figure skaters aren't necessarily great dancers. I always thought they would be, too. But I remember reading Ekaterina Gordeeva's book after her husband died and she said their first dance together at their wedding was a disaster 'cause neither of them could dance...unless they were on skates!

I think the advantage a figure skater would have would be they're incredibly graceful and limber...not to mention strong!

While a lot of the women are super small, if you got someone like Nancy Kerrigan (5-foot-5), she's not that far off in height. Not that I think she's particularly charismatic, but from a size point of view.

Michael Jordan--I think he's still too famous to want to appear on this show. These "celeb" shows only seem to attract fading celebs or rising celebs that no one really knows yet (like Monique from this season).

Michael Jordan rarely even appears on TNT's Inside the NBA, he would never appear on Dancing with the Stars. I would watch if he appears, but he'd never do it. As Lois Lane mentioned, these "celeb shows" feature fading stars, no way MJ will ever be in that category as he's legendary. Even if he fell into that category, he's too prideful to admit to that.

Charles Barkley has a higher chance, but doubtful. It'll give the TNT crew WAY too much stuff to make fun of him with and he's already somewhat occupied. I can't see any NBA legend participating.

If a NBA retiree were to participate, it'd be someone completely random like AC Green or Darryl Dawkins (who was in Dream Job III, so he's already been in reality tv to begin with). Actually, Dennis Rodman is probably one of the few NBA legends that would consider this. He loves the fame and attention. He has made attempts to stay in the spotlight like broadcasting his parties on the web, participating in a couple of reality tv shows, and trying to play professional basketball in foreign leagues. I'd watch if he participated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb;2145360;
    Fixed. But my man is still playing so he can't join this list. Plus, I'm very possessive ....he's only dancing WITH ME!!!

OhOH, I messed up your hubby's name, I'm in for it now!

Ok, then I nominate Chris Webber AND Mrs Cwebb for next season. They want celebs, Mrs Cwebb is a FoRT celebrity, so I want HER on next season TOO!!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I'll throw out some random names.
    Steve Garvey.
    Wayne Gretzky.
    Anderson Cooper.
    Stuart Scott.
    Andre Agassi.
    Maria Menounos.
    Michelle Rodriguez.
    Paris Hilton.
    Ivanka Trump.
    Vanessa Minillo.
    Michelle Kwan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2145873;
    While a lot of the women are super small, if you got someone like Nancy Kerrigan (5-foot-5), she's not that far off in height. Not that I think she's particularly charismatic, but from a size point of view.
    Nancy Kerrigan is only 5'5????? Dayum, I guess that because of the height of her peers I always thought of her as more along the lines of 5'10. Heh. Oops.

After catching Troy Aikman the other night... I'd have to add him to my list.

Troy Aikman
    Steve Yzerman
    Barry Sanders would be fun, but he's too damned shy for this show.
    Scott Hamilton
    Andre Agassi would be fun.. love him!
    Daisy Fuentes
    Karch Kiraly

non-sports alums?
    Vanessa Marcil
    Ed Harris (*bg*)
    Chris Harrison
    Vern Yip (!!!!)
    Seal (he hasn't been doing anything lately. This might give Heidi a break)

Pretty eclectic group, eh???
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Snoozin' on the beach
    I don't follow sports so I have no preference but if they are going to do sports i'd like it to be a cast of all sports personalities competing against one another instead of against actors, singers etc.

Quote Originally Posted by radar;2146140;
    I'll throw out some random names.

Andre Agassi.

Paris Hilton.
    Ivanka Trump.
    Hmm, Andre Agassi is someone I never thought of. I agree, that would be something that would pique my interest.

However... I never want to see anyone with the last name of Trump on any tv show other than The Apprentice, which I don't watch anymore.

As for Paris Hilton? If they EVER put her on DWtS, that will be a season that I will not watch. Please. I don't want to see Paris Hilton on anything, anywhere, ever. The gag reflex kicks in even when I see just her name in print.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast