+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 11/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I don't uderstand why so many people dislike Mario because he had previous experience. I'm sure that the producers of the show knew all their backgrounds and hired them anyway. I like Emmitt, but to me, he isn't the best dancer and the show was supposed to be about that. I don't have a problem with Marios reputation. We've had contstants on other reaity shows with questionable pasts.

Well, back to work! Congratulations Emmitt and Cheryl!

Two years in a row for Cheryl! That trophy will look nice in her ballroom...at home.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    I am so glad that Emmit won! He is a sincere, classy gentleman, who improved greatly each week. He really deserves it!

FORT Newbie
    I am a left coaster also. We see everything old here.

I am happy that Emmitt and Cheryl won. Mario is from just about three miles from here but everyone here really liked Emmitt better.

Mario could dance slightly better but Emmitt way more than made up for this in charm and no one is second to Cheryl.

Anyway, I would like to thank all of you Easterners because I have read every post in your spoilers page in real time over the last few weeks and by the time I get home from work I already have the answers. In fact several people call me for the "boot report" just after 6 pm.

I look forward to your spoilers in American Idol comming up.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2143554;
    I don't uderstand why so many people dislike Mario because he had previous experience. I'm sure that the producers of the show knew all their backgrounds and hired them anyway. I like Emmitt, but to me, he isn't the best dancer and the show was supposed to be about that. I don't have a problem with Marios reputation. We've had contstants on other reaity shows with questionable pasts.
    I think it's more that the majority of us want to see someone with absolutely NO dance experience (clubs don't count) progress, improve, and genuinely ENJOY learning to dance. Emmitt has shown his joy every single week, even with the "boring" waltz. Mario has shown none of that. He was very good from the start, and... to me... hasn't improved at all; just stayed at that "very good" level. Bo-ring... I truly think that were he not so good-looking (yes, I will admit that as I'm not blind), he might not have gotten this far. As long as you have America voting (unlimited times in a couple of hours, I might add) you'll have these kinds of results. Personality generally wins over talent, especially when that talent is coupled with a fake "showmance" and a certain bit of cockiness.

Just my opinion... let the celebration continue.

Quote Originally Posted by aggiemama12;2143489;
    I agree......and he and Cheryl deserved to win!! Even when Emmitt was being gracious and saying something nice to Mario, Karina had that ugly scowl on her face. What a sore loser.....especially when she opened her mouth and said the real winner was Mario or something to that effect.....YEA Emmitt and Cheryl
    So true! Emmitt showed himself to be a true champion in heart and spirit by his graciousness to Mario/Karina, yet Karina showed herself to be a true witch in her response. That girl needs to learn the center of the universe isn't aligned to her... either that, or someone needs to just slap her face and tell her to learn some manners. :nono

And YES, I'm glad Emmitt and Cheryl won! He was by far a better dancer than Mario because he DANCED. Mario was a better actor, because that's all he did in his dancing.. acted the part, no soul, no feel for the dance. He was an actor. But Emmitt felt it, had the soul for it, and was indeed the better of the two. There's more to dancing than memorizing the steps and repeating them like a trained mario...er, monkey.

Go Emmitt and Cheryl!

Now get lost, Karina, don't come back until you grow up.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2143593;
    . . . Emmitt felt it, had the soul for it, and was indeed the better of the two. There's more to dancing than memorizing the steps and repeating them like a trained mario...er, monkey.

Now get lost, Karina, don't come back until you grow up.

ITA.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    No surprise here. I'm happy Emmitt won, although I feel Mario was the better dancer of the two. Emmitt was able to connect with the audience which is where, I feel, Mario failed.

The whole 'audience voting' thing sometimes bugs me, though. Remember when that rapper guy who could barely put one foot in front of the ohter stayed week after week while other dancers who SHOULD'VE stayed were picked off? Or when Kelly Morasco won over John O’Hurley? Grrrrr.

I want another "Drew" season.

Hurray! My votes counted! lol, I'm glad Emmit won, I absolutely adore him! and I agree with people's comments on how he is able to connect with the audience which was something Mario didn't really do. Congrats to Emmit and Cherl (?)!

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2143554;
    I like Emmitt, but to me, he isn't the best dancer and the show was supposed to be about that. I don't have a problem with Marios reputation. We've had contstants on other reaity shows with questionable pasts.
    I agree with you. I knew that Emmitt would win. He had more fans. Mario is definitley the better dancer.

+ Reply to Thread