+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dancing With The Stars: In The Media

Quote Originally Posted by ladybugbaby;2147539;
    i agree with you kresge too. you are not alone.
    did anyone watch mario and karina on regis and kelly? they said that they again were not a couple and that they got along very well. karina said, we didn't fight but it was produced to show the bickering constantly. they were having fun and like stand up comedians during their practices. so see there again abc was responsible for the fighting background between them. they were probably told to hype it up on the romance end with the kissing a nuzzling to keep viewers coming back week after week to see how much more in love they would be. i always knew that abc was responsible for the bickering and fighting part we would see. we only saw emmitt being wonderful and fun all the time. it was like they were creating bad boy verses good boy. and of course many people formed their opinion on this as well.
    ladybugbaby
    I was bummed I missed that interview.....set the VCR to record, but got nothing. As with most reality shows, I find the people are usually very different that how they're portrayed on the show....or only one aspect of their personality is hyped (the neg or pos one depending on what story the producers want) at the expense of the totality of their being......People SHOULD know this by now and not get sucked in, but seems the publice always does anyway.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Dancing With the Stars and American Idol won't go head to head

Hal Boedeker | Sentinel Television Critic
    Posted January 14, 2007, 2:01 PM EST

PASADENA, Calif. -- Dancing With the Stars or American Idol? ABC said Sunday that its scheduling means you won't have to choose.

The dance contest will air at 8 p.m. Mondays and 9 p.m. Tuesdays, starting in March. The regular Tuesday slot for Fox's American Idol will be 8 p.m. Tuesdays.

"I think our fans would have been upset, Idol fans would have been upset if we had put them head to head," Steve McPherson, president of ABC Entertainment, told TV critics on their winter tour.

ABC will announce the celebrity competitors on Good Morning America. But McPherson gave no date for the announcement and said the network is just halfway through the selection process.

In a release, ABC said the show's start date would be March 19. But ABC is likely to offer a March 18 preview, McPherson said. The show proved a major fall hit for ABC, which is owned by the Walt Disney Co.

Link Here

I for one am thrilled that I won't have to choose...because unfortunately I would have taped DWTS!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey
    I read that the show's producers won't make the stars do 6 weeks of practice prior to the start of the show Apparently, there is frustration about getting the boot early on despite having worked so hard for so long.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Here's the official ABC press release with the start dates:

January 14, 2007

ABC ANNOUNCES THE RETURN OF THE HIT SERIES
    “DANCING WITH THE STARS,” MONDAY, MARCH 19

The First Two Episodes, Airing March 19 and the Following Monday, March 26,
    Will Be Special Two-Hour Performance Shows

Performance Shows Will Air Every Monday, with Results Shows on Tuesdays

The ABC Television Network announces the return of hit series “Dancing with the Stars” with a two-hour premiere on Monday, March 19 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET). To offer viewers two weeks to see the performers in action before voting, the first results show will air on week two. The second performance show, airing Monday, March 26, will also be two hours in length (8:00-10:00 p.m.), and the first results show will air Tuesday, March 27 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET).

Beginning April 2, “Dancing with the Stars” will air Mondays from 8:00-9:30 p.m, and “Dancing with the Stars the Results Show” on Tuesdays from 9:00-10:00 p.m.

“The great thing about this air schedule is that fans won't have to choose between the two reality hits this Spring,” said Stephen McPherson, president, ABC Entertainment.

The new cast will be announced on “Good Morning America” closer to premiere.

Growing its audience among viewers and young adults each season since its debut in Summer 2005, ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" has established itself as one of television's most popular series. The program has consistently improved its time periods and been a top competitor in those slots. This season "Dancing with the Stars" stands as the second-most-watched program on television, while qualifying as the No. 1 unscripted TV series in Total Viewers (20.7 million) and Adults 18-49 (5.8/15). "Dancing with the Stars" attracts a highly desirable upscale young adult audience, ranking among the highest-rated shows on TV with Adults 18-49 in homes earning $100K+ annual income (No. 6 = 5.9 rating). It's the No. 1 unscripted series with high-income young adults. On its third season finale during the 2006 November Sweep (11/15/06), "Dancing with the Stars" achieved the series' most-watched telecast ever, with an average audience of 27.7 million viewers.

“Dancing with the Stars” is the U.S. version of the international smash hit series, “Strictly Come Dancing.” This version is produced in America by BBC Worldwide. Conrad Green and Richard Hopkins are executive producers and Izzie Pick is co-executive producer. Rob Wade and Matilda Zoltowski are supervising producers. Alex Rudzinski directs.

“Dancing with the Stars” and its “Results Show” are broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound and Spanish audio via SAP. These programs carry a TV-PG parental guideline
    link
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Call me crazy but seeing as how it seems like his show has been cancelled (or did I miss something) I would love to see Rob Estes on this show! I think he'd look so hot doing ballroom dancing. Especially the latin dancing like the Samba or paso doble. And since there seems to be one clown who just stands there and lets the professional dance around him on every season, maybe.... I don't know..... Oooooh....perhaps...oh, I can't think of one.
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 01-18-2007 at 07:54 PM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Lookie what I found....got lucky, one of the girls at Maks' forum posted this link. Access Hollywood Photo Gallery
    Fondly,
    Sharon

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkcrzy1972;2267480;
    Lookie what I found....got lucky, one of the girls at Maks' forum posted this link. Access Hollywood Photo Gallery
    OMG....Apolla looks hot, Joey looks hot, Max looks hot.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Newbie
    Thanks Tink! They all look great!

I try! And is it just me, or does Brian Fortuna totally look like the cat that ate the canary in his photo with Shandi? I think this season is going to be all kinds of fun. Especially if what we've heard about Heather Mills is true. Maks and Laila are who will get my votes, but other than Heather, this season just looks SO entertaining...
    Fondly,
    Sharon

Thanks for the link, tink! All contestant's threads have been updated with pictures featuring their partner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast