+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mario or Emmitt

I don't really know which one will win, and in the long run, it doesn't really matter that much to me, since I don't watch it as a talent show, but as a dancing entertainment show. I watch for the dancing fun. Season 1 taught me that voting was irrelevant and as with all viewer voting shows, there is no way it will ever be honest and fair in a strict sense. Given my druthers, I'd rather see Emmitt win, of these two.

Emmitt is dancing the dance.
    Mario is acting the dance.

That's the bottom line for me.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2137010;
    I don't really know which one will win, and in the long run, it doesn't really matter that much to me, since I don't watch it as a talent show, but as a dancing entertainment show. I watch for the dancing fun. Season 1 taught me that voting was irrelevant and as with all viewer voting shows, there is no way it will ever be honest and fair in a strict sense. Given my druthers, I'd rather see Emmitt win, of these two.

Emmitt is dancing the dance.
    Mario is acting the dance.

That's the bottom line for me.

Well said! You made it crystal clear for me. Part of the appeal of this show is untrained people giving heart and soul to get to the end. It's not about watching established dancers dance for show. You may have determined my vote by your observation!

MRD
    EMMIT!!!!!!!!!!

Don't underestimate the female vote for him. Before playing for Dallas, Emmit set records that have yet to be broken for the Univ. of Florida. ANd Gator fans are extremely loyal and have long memories and the Gator Nation is a big one.

Helps too that Emmit was put in the Gator "hall of fame" this season. His name and Jersey number are HUGELY painted in the stadium. He only shares this distinction with 3 other players. So today in the SWAMP, his name will be seen by 90,000 rabid Gator fans who I'm sure a lot of them watch the show. Oh and that's just the live fans. Those of us watching on TV get to see it too.

So he's got the NFL and Gator fans behind him. ANd the Gator message boards are full of praise for him on Tues nights, so I know a lot of those people are voting for him.

And he's just such a geniune guy and that comes through. Mario comes across as a conceited ass.

GO EMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    I think Emmit shows he's enjoying himself. He's really proud of himself, and you can tell.

Mario acts like he's enjoying himself. He thinks he is all that.

I hope Emmit and Cheryl win. I feel Mario and Karina will ride off into the sunset together!

mario should win.

I hate that EVERY season of this show someone makes it do to sentimentality reasons -- it is why Stacey Keibler was eliminated last year. Ugh. Why not just have a bunch of kittens and puppies on stage if they are just going to choose the one that tugs heartstrings more.

I want Emmitt to win and I will vote that way, but if Mario wins I won't be surprised. My problem is that Mario thinks that he is all that and a bag of chips which was appealing on Saved By The Bell, but is a little dated now as a 30 something.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyFishFace;2137335;
    mario should win.

I hate that EVERY season of this show someone makes it do to sentimentality reasons -- it is why Stacey Keibler was eliminated last year. Ugh. Why not just have a bunch of kittens and puppies on stage if they are just going to choose the one that tugs heartstrings more.
    Yes, I think so too, but I doubt that it will happen.
    Many of these shows are just for people to vote for their favorite participants and have very little to do with the talent that they are supposedly there to show off. Fortunately we have two really good finalists but if one is voting for the actual dancing talent, then Mario would have to win it. This is one time that I won't be too disappointed because I like Emmitt too, but his dancing isn't as entertaining.

I pick Emmitt to win. He knows how to play by the rules and still do an amazing job.

Mario and his dimples all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2137320;
    I think Emmit shows he's enjoying himself. He's really proud of himself, and you can tell.

Mario acts like he's enjoying himself. He thinks he is all that.

I hope Emmit and Cheryl win. I feel Mario and Karina will ride off into the sunset together!
    That's what my friends from poker said.. Mario Lopez he haves dark secrets and he believe he took dance class before. My friends was supposed to pull for Jerry Springer, but he finished in 5th place and 7th couple knocked out. Let's hope Mario will be knocked out, and Emmitt will ride a horse to Dallas with a DWTS trophy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast