+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 11/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Last night was great. Emmitt was awesome and Joey was great. I want to see Emmitt and Joey in the final two, with Emmitt winning because he was come such a long way to improve. And Cheryl give off such class and grace. I loved their the waltz they did and the second number was fun. My family and I were dancing around the room to it. We also loved Joey Sailor number it was cute and fun. His second number was okay.

I like Mario's first number, but the second one was meh!

Good luck to all three dancers.

Wow, football players can dance, who knew. Emmett did a great job last night.

I was dissappointed in Joey's Rumba he basically posed and hardly moved at all that dance did not deserve 3 straight 10's.

Mario did 2 very difficult dances and as a partner he does a lot more then either Emmett and Joey.

Hope to see Maria and Emmett in the final two and both gave 100% in both dances.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Judges should be scoring based on an established criteria of skills per each dance as well as demonstrated ability to perform the dance style, not on personal ability to perform the dance style. I think Joey was overscored and I blame it on the judges not Joey. Len made similar comments to both Mario and Joey about breaking the routine (Joey in middle, Mario in beginning) but because he liked Joey's better he didn't deduct a point... WHAT? A break is a break, both were legit to the themes of the dance, both should be scored accordingly. When my husband, who has never watched an episode before, commented on the fact that he could do these dances, then I know the guys were total props. He admitted he couldn't do Mario's but he didn't see the difficulty to Emmitt's and definitely Joey's. Should be interesting tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2133121;
    we've proven that it's just another popularity contest, like just about every other competition show we have to watch.
    This is something that needed to be proven?!?!?! Of COURSE it is a popularity show, hence the counting of fan votes.

They do really need to do something about the judging. You can't start the show with 10-10-10. What happens if someone later is better... there's no 11 to give unless they bring on the judge from Spinal Tap.

Lower the scoring in general. 10's should be reserved for FLAWLESS routines - and even then should not likely be from multiple judges. They seem afraid to go below 6 except on rare occasions. Most of Jerry's dances were 4's. Lower it overall - make a 7 a good routine, and 8 a great one. 9's should be rare. 10's should be once per season per judge, tops.

One thing the tie score does make this, is 100% popularity. And I won't be shocked of smug Mario loses the popularity contest - he's gotten on the nerves of too many voters. Bruno's gushing over his favorite boy makes it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2133121;
    I like all of the guys but if Mario is not in the finals then I think that once again we've proven that it's just another popularity contest, like just about every other competition show we have to watch. Mario is by far the best of the three with Joey and Emmitt being about equal, which is very good, in my book. Joey's last dance wasn't entertaining to me because he really didn't do much. It's hard to compare a peformance like that with one like Emmitt put on. These two seem to take turns outshining each other but Mario consistently outshines both.
    Of course it's a popularity contest. The title of the show is "Dancing with the Stars," not the best dancer of the stars. If it were a true dance competition, it would be completely 100% judges.

As for Mario outshining the other two - he might be a good dancer, but he bores me silly. Would like to see Emmett and Joey in the final because they seem to be having the most fun with it, and it's infectious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2133010;
    I am apparently "odd man out" on this board, for I can't see how anyone can put Emmit in the same category as Mario.....

Now don't get me wrong, I love Emmit, I love football, and I loved him playing college ball here in Florida, but he is not a ballroom dancer.....he is a club dancer. His moments are all fluid, which is good in some dance styles but not in others, and he has no idea what to do with his hands. They are either held in a karate chop fashion or are dangling around as he changes from one position to another. I think he is an excellent dancer, but not an excellent ballroom dancer, so no matter how much I like him (and Cheryl) personally, I can't in good faith vote for him to win this competition.

I am so impressed with Joey! He brings a smile to my face everytime I see him.....its nice to see a child star grow up to be a wonderful man!! As for his dancing, I think he is incredibly talented, but he seems to have to work harder at perfecting his dances than some of the others. I think his biggest downfall is that there is just no sexual chemistry with him and Edaty, which makes it hard to do those Latin dances effectively.....he is adorable....but he is not sexy.....that, and the fact that the lip licking is driving me crazy...lol!

Now for Mario and Karina.......Personally, I think Karina is an itch, BUT she can dance like there is no tomorrow! Unlike the others on this board, I have never seen Mario act arrogantly.....most of the time he keeps the same expression on his face the whole time the judges are speaking and when the scores are giving.....He is always smiling and polite....IF that is arrogance, then I sure wish more people were arrogant in this world. As for being an "experienced" dancer, as one poster suggested......How ludicrous to think that taking a few dance lessons as a child makes one an experienced dancer. My son took lessons when he was younger, and he can't dance his way out of a paper sack!....Perhaps Mario is not "morally" up to some people's standards (mine either for that matter), BUT this is a dance competition, not a sunday school class. His posture is fantastic, his movents sharpe when called for and fluid when called for, he always does the most difficult footwork, his timing is nearly perfect, and his "hips don't lie"....he and Karina are hot hot hot!

Overall, I love all three couples (monique too), but, in my opinion, Mario and Karina are in a league of their own, and IF the competition is based on talent and not popularity, then they will walk away with that hideous mirrored ball.

Whew!! Sorry for the looooooooooooong post.
    Loved your post, you wrote beautifully, I wish I could do as well. Totally agree with your comments about Mario and Katrina. I am going strictly by performance and Mario is definitely the best. Morals Somorals, what has that got to do with performance, there are athletes and actors all over the country who do their jobs well which is to compete and perform if we put a judgement meter on everyone before they could do their jobs NO ONE would be eligible.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    A lot of you are coming down on Joey for just standing there for his second dance, but he did exactly what Mario did. Karina was doing most of the dance with Mario doing very little. JMO

Emmitt IMO stole the show. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE him and Cheryl. They always bring a smile to my face. Both of their dances were awesome and so beautiful. He really does know how to move.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I really liked Emmitt and Cheryl last night. The first dance, he was so graceful and I think it's really hard for a big man, an ex football player to be graceful. Their Cha cha was very good too, excellent. Thought they were the best.

Mario's 2nd dance was good not great, thought they deserved all 9's. Joey second dance was okay, it didn't deserve all 10's.

Hope Emmitt and Cheryl win it all.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2133281;
    I really liked Emmitt and Cheryl last night. The first dance, he was so graceful and I think it's really hard for a big man, an ex football player to be graceful. Their Cha cha was very good too, excellent. Thought they were the best.
    Agreed. I wasn't crazy about his first waltz. He looked uncomfortable and a little stilted. This 2nd waltz was so different-he was confident and his moves flowed from one to the other so well, he really did glide. I loved his Cha Cha, the man can dance!

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2133248;
    A lot of you are coming down on Joey for just standing there for his second dance, but he did exactly what Mario did. Karina was doing most of the dance with Mario doing very little. JMO
    That's how Mario dances 99% of the time. Half the time I don't even notice him, with all the focus on Karina.

+ Reply to Thread