+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 10/24 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I have to say that Cheryl and Emmitt's waltz, performed to the song Hushabye Mountain, brings a real smile to my face now, 12 hours after seeing it last night. I think the waltz they performed was beautifully choreographed and performed with a real sense of the mood and melody of the song, making it one of my favorite performances this season so far. What a difference a performance can be when the music inspires instead of handicaps.

That song itself has such a beautiful melody, it just makes you want to close your eyes and float in the wind, and that's what came to my mind in watching the dance moves they did. A really wonderful marriage of melody, mood, and dance performance.

As corny as this may sound, I was totally charmed by it.

Edited to add: Minney, I love your avatar
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Man, I just loved Emmitt and Cheryl's performances tonight. The slow waltz was excellent and their Mambo was off the chain. I thought they deserved a perfect score of 30. This couple just keeps you on your toes.

Monique and Louis were great. Heck they were damn good. I was so proud of her because she was right on target with Louis. Plus, she kind of had that Diana Ross thing with the hair going. They were awesome and she has gotten so much better. Some say the chemistry wasn't there, but I saw it and felt it last night.

I thought Joey and Edyta were too slow on the fast number and the Singing in The Rain dance was cute but saw some of the same moves from last week's show from Edyta (extention of leg movement). I was expecting more. Plus she looks old (nice body though), so they kind of had that Mrs. Robinson thing going. The costume thing needed work as well. A blue bed sheet this time.

Jerry and Kim were cute because they kind of have that Father/Daughter thing going. I love watching him dance.

Mario was just okay.

My votes went to Emmitt and Cheryl and Monique and Louie

Hey was that Rachel Ray I saw in the audience?
    Last edited by princess07; 10-25-2006 at 09:19 AM.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    In Edyta's defense, she looks marvelous!! And in the dance world, if you've got it, flaunt it!!
    I totally enjoyed everyone's performances. I was amazed that Jerry stepped up his game.
    I think it's anyone's chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Minney;2115422;
    See, I can't figure out what ABC wants! I like to hear what others are reading into the scoring and judges comments. If they are just going on performances and best all round dancers then I lean one way, but if it's entertainment, personality, popularity then I lean another way. They score so closely that it hardly matters anyway--I'm sure it will be another surprise elimination tonight. I've never thought that Emmitt was consistantly the best dancer but he brings such joy and entertainment each week, without the drama and controversay, that maybe he would be the best choice for final dancer. If they are going for just the overall best dancer then Mario is the one that has consistantly performed the best each week--with or without rule breakage. And Edyta needs a new costume designer, NOW!
    What about if they go by the most improved over the course of the series. Isn't that what it's really about? Not sure who that would be, but not Mario, he has been the same. Not Joey, he's been a bit inconsistent. Emmett has been consistently fun, but has he improved? Monique. Maybe. I don't even remember her earlier dances. Jerry - maybe it should go to him. To take someone who has never danced, can't dance, and make them a passable dancer? Maybe that's better than just learning technique and balls and heels?

My personal vote goes for entertainment. Whoever the majority of the people find the most entertaining (for me, that's Emmett). The judges are so over the top with the scores this season, I guess it's up to the audience to decide.

Wow...everyone stepped up their game this week.

Jerry and Kim their foxtrot was beautiful. You can tell he was definitely trying. I'm surprised he was able to get through 2 performances....good for him. His mambo needed some work, but it was still entertaining.

Monique and Louie...I didn't even notice her foot stuck in her dress. It was definitely hidden well. Great foot work. The pasa doble was just okay for me.

Emmett and Cheryl....the waltz was unbelievable. She is such a wonderful choreographer. Loved to see "twinkle toes" is back. And his mambo was terrific. He has great hip action and just goes out and has fun every week.

Mario and Karina, sorry guys but I just don't like him. He is so full of himself. All his dances look the same to me.

Joey and Edyta, they were so cute. I'm glad Joey got to dance to a song from one of his favorites.

My favorite performance has to go to Cheryl and Emmett. He just brings a smile to my face whenever he dances. I just want to get up and dance with him. I honestly think he may be able to walk away with the title.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey
    I tried to vote and could only vote 3 times before I was told I'd reached my limit. Every other time the line was busy or I got the recording that all circuits were busy. This happens every week and I'm beginning to suspect there is no point in voting.

Here's hoping Monique or Mario leave tonight...

FORT Fan
    I vote online, it seems easier, though I never feel like my vote matters all that much.

This show made me think more of all the things the dancers can't control. Mario and Karina wanted faster music, but they didn't get it. And Monique got a costume that caught on her heel. The music is a biggie, though. I wonder if the pros can at least veto a song if not request one? It seems not. Give somebody the wrong piece of music and they're doomed no matter how good they are.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by weary;2115594;
    I vote online, it seems easier, though I never feel like my vote matters all that much.

This show made me think more of all the things the dancers can't control. Mario and Karina wanted faster music, but they didn't get it. And Monique got a costume that caught on her heel. The music is a biggie, though. I wonder if the pros can at least veto a song if not request one? It seems not. Give somebody the wrong piece of music and they're doomed no matter how good they are.
    I can't vote online. I'm one of those ever-decreasing dinosaur-like homes without internet access. At the end of a dial-up loop which means I'd still be waiting to post how happy I was that Aras won on Survivor...
    Thank goodness I don't have to work too much and can access the internet at work...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by famita;2115441;
    In Edyta's defense, she looks marvelous!! And in the dance world, if you've got it, flaunt it!!
    I totally enjoyed everyone's performances. I was amazed that Jerry stepped up his game.
    I think it's anyone's chance to win.
    You know, I can't decide if Edyta is attractive or not. When they show the rehearsals and the confessionals, she is wearing little or no makeup, has her hair down, and is not dressed up and I think she's pretty. The lighter hair is such an improvement for her. But then on show nights, she looks mean and much older and just not so attractive. Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2115611;
    You know, I can't decide if Edyta is attractive or not. When they show the rehearsals and the confessionals, she is wearing little or no makeup, has her hair down, and is not dressed up and I think she's pretty. The lighter hair is such an improvement for her. But then on show nights, she looks mean and much older and just not so attractive. Why is that?
    Heavy makeup and game face.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast