+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 10/24 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Oh, and I don't miss Stiff as a board Sara.

I'd prefer Willa over Sara.

martina mcbride singing tomorrow!! now thats exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by greenie22;2115147;
    I like Martina. She's probably on there to promote her Christmas concert tour "Martina McBride - the Joy of Christmas" coming up though.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 10-24-2006 at 09:45 PM.

Voted for Joey and Emmitt tonight. Both did an awesome job.

I can't fully immerse myself in either Monique or Jerry's performance. I think the chemistry isn't there for Louis/Monique, and well, Jerry tries.

Mario's always consistent, but I usually root for the performers who are more endearing to me, so Joey and Emmitt it is.

I want a Joey/Emmitt or Joey/Mario finale.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

Quote Originally Posted by greenie22;2115147;
    I LOVE Martina McBride, so this will be a real treat for me!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

i can't believe it my own mother voted for mario! i was so saddened to hear this. i will never let her near the phone again.
    i voted for emmitt/cheryl.
    i suppose jerry will go home tomorrow night, and if he does i will miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by greenie22;2115077;
    . . .. i wish edyta would dump those sequined tarps. she must have one in every color. . . .
    I so agree on edyta's "bra and a sheet" costumes.

I am really enjoying this season!
    Other than Jerry, all of the chaff has been separated from the wheat. And Jerry is entertaining if not rhythmic. I don't really have a favorite, so I can watch just to enjoy the performances. Each pair left have had really good nights and not-so-good nights. I really think it could be anyone's to win.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestique;2115159;
    Voted for Joey and Emmitt tonight. Both did an awesome job.

I can't fully immerse myself in either Monique or Jerry's performance. I think the chemistry isn't there for Louis/Monique, and well, Jerry tries.

Mario's always consistent, but I usually root for the performers who are more endearing to me, so Joey and Emmitt it is.

I want a Joey/Emmitt or Joey/Mario finale.
    I'm so wishy washy with all this. I ENJOY Joey and Emmitt much more than Mario and Monique, but Mario and Monique are very good from a technical aspect.

So, it's my heart vs. my head. In the end, my heart is with Joey and Emmitt with Mario a close 3rd. I would like Monique more is she just smiled and connected with the audience. She always looks so serious on the dance floor.

I agree with Len - Jerry is hugely entertaining, but I agree with Carrie Ann that it is his time to go.

Ballroom

Jerry - foxtrot - I am so glad that he listened to his daughter and took the foxtrot seriously, his performance is what this show is about an amateur really trying. I also understand why the judges gave him such high marks; for Jerry that was a good performance and deserved 8's especially compared to the Texas Chain Saw Masacre of last week.

Monique - quickstep - she did a quickstep and she moved well and quickly and I never noticed the foot in the dress.

Emmett - waltz - nice try

Mario - foxtrot - he and Emmett move better to the Latin Dances but it was nice to see them both do well in the slower more controlled waltz movements.

Joey - foxtrot - again a slower dance that is harder for hyper types but I liked it. He seemed to have a lot of fun with it.

Latin

Jerry - mambo - I do wish Jerry had been as serious with the mambo as the foxtrot but thank God he toned the comedy down.

Monique - paso doble - very impressed, she had power, she had grace and she and Louie had presence regardless of the horrible music handicap.

Emmett - mambo - very surprised, he relaxed and enjoyed himself and he moved well, both his shoulders and hips. Kidos to Mr. Shimmy.

Mario - jive - nice effort was surprised this was considered Latin but they seem to be enjoying themselves. I do think if this had been a one dance week that Mario would have better and gotten all tens for this.

Joey - mambo - nice job I still think he need more hip action although one of the judges said they saw it.

Best moment was Len saying both Joey and Mario had no "heels and balls" its funny watching the audience translate some of Lens comments and realizing that Len had not insulted both men. Still it would be nice if they had a clip translating some of his comments.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by greenie22;2115135;
    i know this isn't what abc wants but i think an emmitt/monique final 2 would be great.
    i wasn't feeling joey's dance..i thought he moved too slow i was just bored. you can't even compare emmitt and joey's. each performer brings something unique that the fans like, but joey seems to bring..salt.. while emmitt brings nutmeg!
    See, I can't figure out what ABC wants! I like to hear what others are reading into the scoring and judges comments. If they are just going on performances and best all round dancers then I lean one way, but if it's entertainment, personality, popularity then I lean another way. They score so closely that it hardly matters anyway--I'm sure it will be another surprise elimination tonight. I've never thought that Emmitt was consistantly the best dancer but he brings such joy and entertainment each week, without the drama and controversay, that maybe he would be the best choice for final dancer. If they are going for just the overall best dancer then Mario is the one that has consistantly performed the best each week--with or without rule breakage. And Edyta needs a new costume designer, NOW!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast