+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 10/10 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I have to say I really had fun watching Cheryl and Emmitt tonight. I haven't felt really strongly about him in the show one way or the other, but they were fun to watch tonight. I loved the cute twist with Cheryl doing the 'hubba hubba gimme some' hand motions at his hips during the one section where he did the spinaround hip moves, and a few moves later where she playfully slapped at his rump in another section.

And I thought Emmitt was kinda sexy and handsome during the dance because he was smiling and so obviously enjoying the dance tonight.

Sara... meh, she just doesn't have the soul of a dancer. Mario's little mini-Michael Jackson moves that he did a few times didn't impress me at all. Joey just didn't seem to be into the mood of the dance. As much as I dislike Jerry Springer, there's no denying that he's been entertaining in the show so far.

With the fan voting factor, it's hard to say who'll be gone tomorrow night. Something tells me it'll be Sarah, but again... who knows?

On a last note, I thought Carrie Ann was cute in her little impromptu dance in response to Cheryl and Emmitt's dance.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

MRD
    Well I thought Jerry the most entertaining and Emmit and Cheryl the best dance and Monique the most unique dance move of the night.

But then the judges say that Emmit and Cheryl have the best Samba of the night and still score them the same as 3 other couples making it a 4 way tie for first. I think they need to mix up the scores more and less bunching. Emmit and Cheryl deserved at least 1 more point to really put them in first where they belonged.

I am NOT a willa fan, but as long as she keeps dancing like that and keeps Max on the show, then that's fine. He is something to look at!

I hope Sara goes tonight. She is really, really bad at this. At least Jerry makes his entertaining tho he's not all that great either and he looks like he's having a blast, a la George Hamilton last season. Sara makes it look like torture for her.

That was Tia sitting with Lisa last night.

And now for my dumb question. Who is Salle?

I know Emmit from his college ball days and that he played and broke records for the Cowboys, but I am not a pro football fan, so don't know that many other players. I pull for Emmit because he's having fun, he's doing his best to learn the dances, have fun with them and still be there for his family. He is giving it a huge effort and it shows. (and he's a former Florida Gator!!!!!)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I can't wait for Rod Stewart to be on the results show!!! I'm a huge fan of his!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    And now for my dumb question. Who is Salle?
    It's actually John Salley (he played basketball for the Pistons and has gone on to much TV appearing):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Salley
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    I really enjoyed watching last night. I thought all of them were entertaining (especially Jerry: altho' I wouldn't say he can dance, he CAN entertain!). I was impressed with Sara, altho' I thought she was the next to the worst as far as technique goes. I guess this season depends on popularity much more than the other seasons. So, I will watch tonight to see who goes home.

My thoughts on last nights dances:

Joey: He's a good dancer but this wasn't his best. It was boring as others have stated. Joey has a tendency to always do the "gracefull arm, finger pointing" that I personally find rather feminine and while they match his overly shaped eyebrows, I'd prefer to see him make the dance more masculine and passionate.

Willa: She has come a long way since the beginning. Max sure makes her look good! Very sexy dance, lots of chemistry, funny comments in their interview.

Sara: She is so stiff. I've notices she doesn't move her head when she dances--like she is balancing a book! The dance was too slow and I don't understand what the judges were carrying on about.

Mario: One of my fav's--I'm a sucker for his dimples! This wasn't one of his best performances but there was passion and chemistry. Interesting clip at the beginning of their segment, wonder if the rumors are true. During one of the other couples back stage interviews you could see Karina in the backgroup grab Mario's hand and place it on her own knee. Maybe just a PR stunt for the cameras or maybe someth'n else...

Jerry: Very entertaining. They know how to put on a good show and make the best out of his skills. He is a natural entertainer.

Monique: She can do all of the technical stuff but she lacks a passion and intensity for her partner and that translates to the dance. Maybe she just lacks the life experiences necessary to bring the emotion and partnership to her dancing at this age.

Emmitt: Absolutely enjoyed his dancing tonight. Very fun choreography and fit his personality well. He looked like he was having a good time too.

It would be interesting to see all the couples dance to the same song-at the same beat- to see who can keep up with out slowing the music down to a snails pace...

In my opinion, the most entertaining dance last night was Jerry and Kym, and the best dance in general was Emmett and Cheryl.

I didn't get the Mario love, he was mostly a prop for his partner it looked like to me, and boring as all get out.

As much as I usually like Joey, he was kind of painful to watch this week. Definitely not his dance.

Willa and Monique were both beautiful. Sara was better, and I give her all kinds of credit for working hard to overcome her lack of natural talent (or apparently training, like some of the others).

Who I'd like to see thrown off - Mario.
    Who will be eliminated? - Sadly, probably Monique. I like her, but she doesn't seem to have as many fans propping her up as some of the others.

FORT Fogey
    If this is a popularity show, then the phones should work better. I tried to call so many times last night, got busy signal many times, got a recording that all circuits were busy about 5 times, got the tail end of Len's message which I swear said "...and Karina" and I WAS NOT calling Mario and Karina's number, and then to top it off, after only 4 successful votes, I was told I had reached my voting limit.

Wow, not a single bad dance all night. Tonight's going to be another difficult exit.

My critiques :

Willa and Maksim- she's getting better by the dance and I'm sure their little love/bicker thing will keep them popular with the audience.
    Jerry and Kym- This was the first dance by him that I actually liked. You could see that Jerry put an enormous amount of afford in yet they still kept it fun.
    Emmitt and Cheryl- Great work by Emmitt this week. Also helps that he has a popular and talented partner in Cheryl.
    Monique and Louis- Loved the dancing. Very innovative. Hated the music. I do see chemistry, but it's not of the romantic variety.
    Mario and Karina- Again, hated the music (anybody else here noticing a pattern?). Also, I didn't really enjoy their dance. Too many spins and too much posturing for the crowd by Mario.
    Joey and Edyta- Joey seemed a bit nervous going first and it showed. Could the singers butcher George Michael any worst?
    Sara and Tony- Better than last week, but still stiff, stiff. This gal just can't cut loose. Maybe alcohol might help.

After the break when Mario and Karina danced, I was halfway expecting the host to say "Welcome back to Romancing With The Stars"!
    Last edited by mrsean; 10-11-2006 at 10:06 AM.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    I can't wait for Rod Stewart to be on the results show!!! I'm a huge fan of his!!!!
    ME TOO!!!!

Did you see him Sunday on CBS Sunday MOrning?

He's got a new album out, so am guessing he's making the rounds promoting it.

The VERY first video I ever saw (before MTV) was his song Hot Legs and it was on SNL back in the 70's.

I hope they send Sara home tonight
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread