+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 10/4 Show Discussion ** Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Gal View Post
    Sara and Jerry should have been in the bottom two. This is not a popularity contest, it's a dancing contest, sheesh. I think the viewers votes should only count for 1/3 and not 1/2. Jerry is still there as a sympathy vote.
    None of the shows where people call in votes are talent shows. They are all just popularity contests. I don't have an opinion of Vivica one way or the other, but if I voted, it would be for Jerry because I like him. You're right, that has nothing to do with dancing but I'll bet tht most people vote for a favorite, not necessarily the better performer.

I think some of it depends upon how 'wired' a contestant's fan base is. Some of them might have a lot of fans - Harry comes to mind - but if the majority of their fans are not the online types, they will lose out to performers like Sara, whose fan base is very wired and very motivated apparently.

I think this is because it costs money to call, but anyone can take out multiple free email addys and vote ten times per addy per show. Maybe producers will find a way to 'fix' this in the future. If they deem it a problem, that is. Meanwhile, perhaps future contestants will make sure to have an official fan site and fan groups online before the season begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    I think some of it depends upon how 'wired' a contestant's fan base is. Some of them might have a lot of fans - Harry comes to mind - but if the majority of their fans are not the online types, they will lose out to performers like Sara, whose fan base is very wired and very motivated apparently.
    I do wonder, every week that Sara stays, how much influence that Tom DeLay letter had. I understand she didn't send it out, but that doesn't mean much when the recipients equate voting for her as a vote for good Republican values, and anti-Jerry values, as well. Perhaps it's had no impact at all, but I doubt that's true.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Fan
    The fact that almost all of us realize by now that this is largely a popularity contest makes me wonder why Tom keeps talking about how shocked everyone is that a certain person was eliminated. Is he just trying to be nice or are he and the judges just refusing to admit that popularity plays a part in this?

Also, what is the story about the Tom Delay letter? I hadn't heard anything about this. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paulvons View Post
    Also, what is the story about the Tom Delay letter? I hadn't heard anything about this. Thanks
    You can read the letter itself in Sara's thread, post number 5.

Sara Evans & Tony Dovolani - Season 3
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post

I think this is because it costs money to call, but anyone can take out multiple free email addys and vote ten times per addy per show. Maybe producers will find a way to 'fix' this in the future. If they deem it a problem, that is. Meanwhile, perhaps future contestants will make sure to have an official fan site and fan groups online before the season begins.
    It doesn't cost money to call...........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

The correct person exited last night. Vivicia danced awful, Sara Evans was just a teeny bit better. Jerry S. is a good dancer, his waltz didn't have any twirls but his foot work was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    We're bringing in old Vivica baggage to form our opinions, along with the little that Vivica newbies have been able to see on the show. She really does have an ego the size of Texas, and I loved the irony in her comments that she thought she danced really well and that she had such a large fan base that she wasn't in any danger. Guess not, Vivica.
    I didn't have any old baggage to judge her on. I think that she was highly overated by the judges and that is what caused my dislike of her.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Wow. It's really amazes me just how many people are intimidated by a strong black female. What you saw as arrogance, I saw as confidence. Not many women over 40 look as good, are in as great shape or can dance as well as Vivica.
    Vivica and Monique are much better dancers than Sara and Willia in my opinion. I did agree that Viv needed to keep more femininity in her performances, but that's not who she is.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    I can see what Jluvs is saying. I would have liked her more if the judges didn't fawn all over her, like she was the greatest dancer there. She was good, but their praise was over the top, and that is a turn-off. I think they didn't do her any favors.

+ Reply to Thread