+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 9/27 Elimination Show **Spoilers**

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar
    Oh my, my ears are bleeding, what was that last song from the Scissor Sisters......ewwww!

FORT Regular
    I saw this in the 9/26 thread concerning the dance music ...

(I'm assuming someone else chooses it, not the stars - can't find confirmation anywhere about that, though)
    Last season, I recall that after the elimination, they all got handed CDs with their next song. So someone is choosing the music, but I don't think it's the star or the dancer. (I'm sure if anyone with any real sense was choosing the music, they wouldn't be Tangoing to Blondie or Mambo-ing to Kriss Kross.)

Quote Originally Posted by MsFB View Post
    you guys didn't like the tenor and choir? I thought that was awesome.
    I think that was one of the best professional exibitions they have done so far. Louis really is a great choreographer!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBullet View Post
    I saw this in the 9/26 thread concerning the dance music ...

Last season, I recall that after the elimination, they all got handed CDs with their next song. So someone is choosing the music, but I don't think it's the star or the dancer. (I'm sure if anyone with any real sense was choosing the music, they wouldn't be Tangoing to Blondie or Mambo-ing to Kriss Kross.)
    Based on problems I have seen with band music and music rights, I am going to guess that the show has someone choose the music and it was probably all chosen before the season even began. Sometimes getting around the royalties can be tricky, so it would make sense they they would get it done so there is no problems.

Now, saying this, whoever chooses the music, some of, or a lot of your choices, SUCK! Stop this crap with doing the Tango to Blondie, the Jive to country music and such. NO NO NO NO!

I liked the tenor and choir. It was the Scissor Sisters who sucked. Who the hell are they anyway? That lead singer looked like a drag queen who'd raided David Lee Roth's closet.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFB View Post
    you guys didn't like the tenor and choir? I thought that was awesome.
    I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was an awesome performace.

i didn't really get why they had SS on. I mean no one danced to their music, or did I miss that? It would have made more sense. I guess the song mentioned dance? It was catchy. They are a modern day B-52's. His outfit was UGLY!

What was the tenor's name - was it Grigolo?

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    I'm really sad to see Harry go. It was a surprise. I think it should have been Jerry. It is nice that this week wasn't so predictable, though. The first week we knew it would be Tucker. The second we knew one of the blonde chicks would leave. At least this week wasn't so obvious. It wasn't deserving. But I am glad it wasn't Joey. I've had a soft spot for him since WHOA! I'm not too crazy about him bald. What is it about guys with great hair (Andre Agassi and now Joey) ending up bald at 30? Too much hair product maybe? But he seems like a really good guy. I also like Mario, but it's hard to get past his extra-curricular reputation. First it was the date rape accusations during SBTB then his quickie marriage that was annulled because he cheated. Then, he supposedly stole Joey's brother's (Matthew not Andy) woman. Now, he's kissing his partner's neck when the ex Lawrence fiance is in the audience cheering for him. He's fine, but it makes him hard to root for.

Someone else commented that this year's contestants are dull. Actually, this is the best dancing we've seen on this show. I think they'r eall just in it to win it as opposed to other years. Mario certainly seems to keep things interesting. He's on E News practically every day with some drama.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGal View Post
    That was painful to watch. Ashly and Lisa looked devastated. Hopefully, next time Ashly will get the biggest celebrity or one with a fan base. Throughout the process, Harry seemed uncomfortable. I am guessing he is relieved.

From what I recall, the pros are paired with the celebs based on height and how they look together. They want everyone to be proportional. I recall that from season 1. Ashley got a gret partner that year. She and Joey should have been top 2. It's funny how we end up attached to these pros that we never knew before as much as these celebs.

Personally, I think Ashley should have been paired with Mario. Talk about a hot twosome. And she (nice little Mormom girl that she is) wouldn't let him break the rules. BTW, I do think Mario is doing it just so we'll talk about it. But anyway.........I wonder how much the pros are getting paid for this. Someone mentioned that the celebs get 25K a week (which seems a bit high but it is a successful show). The pros do the choreography and spend a lot of time away from their own careers to do this. I hope they pay them well.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast