+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 9/13 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    As I said somewhere else, I would like to see everyone get to stay around for the first two or three weeks. It hardly seems fair to send someone packing when they've only done one appearance. Maybe the next dance or two would be the one to really put them in the running. It's like you never got to know them, but they're gone.
    I think the same thing is true for every one of these reality competition shows. I've thought it might be interesting if they kept everyone around for the whole competiton and added up the scores to get a winner at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I only saw the last few episodes of the first season, but I think they gave the judge's scores more weight in that one and got a lot of flak because the "fan favorite" didn't win. So they changed it to 50 - 50 the next season.

Really, the purpose of these shows is to entertain, and I guess if people feel they have a say in who stays or who goes, they enjoy it more.
    It makes sense for AI views to have a vested interest in the outcome of the show, because that gives them a ready made fan base and suckers people willing to buy concert tickets and CD's.

These contestants already have careers and they are only doing this for the experience or the exposure or the lame, ugly trophy. If viewers need bragging rights for picking the winner, they can talk around the water cooler or post on FORT.

They should never have introduced the call-in system here. Last year it caused us to get stuck with "P" and this year it will be Jerry even though he said his fan base doesn't know how to use a phone.

I think the same thing is true for every one of these reality competition shows. I've thought it might be interesting if they kept everyone around for the whole competiton and added up the scores to get a winner at the end of it.

Hey Misty, that's a GREAT idea! It would be just like any class that a person is enrolled in: you start, stay, and then find out how poorly or well you did. Good Grief, can you imagine if you took a personal dancing class and the teacher booted you out after your first class?! I'd be mortified.

Now that I think of it, I'd really like to see the growth of each contestant in the course of a series. I'm surprised no other producer has thought of it.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I REALLY like that idea. It seems that it would be a winning situation for the show, too. Everyone's favorite would be there till the end and no one would feel like they wanted to stop watching.

*well, unless Mr P stayed then we might ALL want to stop watching.*

FORT Fogey
    I think if they did not do that keeping everyone around, I at least think they should pair the more popular dancers with the lesser known of the stars. Think if Tucker had been with Cheryl or Ashley he might have had a chance to stick around. Putting Harry with Ashley is yuck cause I have to vote for him cause I like her, but he danced terribly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345