+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Joey Lawrence & Edyta Sliwinska - Season 3

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2109082;
    I'm with you, Broadway. I'd pick Joey over any of the pros, and definitely over Mario.
    I would too but that has a lot to do with the strength of his character versus Mario's.

But let's get real. The finest Lawrence brother is by far MATTHEW! He's left show business to become a zoologist. He just finished at USC (GO TROJANS!). They showed him on one episode, and he's YUMMY! I don't know what that chick from Passions was thinking in choosing Mario over Matty! CRAZY!

For those of you who don't remember, Matthew played Joey as a kid on some of the Blossom episodes. Other brother Andrew (now 18 and not nearly as fine as either of the older two) played him when he was a really little kid. All three appeared on a sitcom on the WB called Brotherly Love. Then, Matt went on to Boy Meets World. Joey went to college at USC and then appeared on American Dreams and then a bad sitcom that was destined for cancellation. Now, he's dancing and warming all our hearts. The youngest brother (Andrew) most recently appeared on the now cancelled (BOO) Runaway. Of course, I may be the only one who watched it because I still love me some Donnie Wahlberg!

Anyway, that fellow FORTers is your Lawrence Brothers lesson for today. Next time maybe I'll go into Joey's self-titled CD from the 90's. Big hair and cheesy pop songs. Those were the days. =)
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

OMG! They killed Kenny! FordChick73's Avatar
    Hi all

I've just crawled on to the fort....

Just wanted to stop by, jump in and say hi ............ so.... HI

And although I think all contestants that are left now are pretty good, I'm rooting for Joey & Edyta this season.

Yourefired, thanks for the Lawrence-brothers lesson, now I"m off to google Matthew cause if he's the finest one then that's google-worthy

Hangin' with Uncle Leo UGetWhatYouNeed's Avatar
    Wow URFired, I thought all this freaking time Joey was Matthew!!!

Thanks!

to the FORT, FordChick73.

FORT Fogey
    I liked Joey, but I think Edyta hurt his chances. She just doesn't seem to be a creative choreographer compared to many of the other pros. Or maybe she was just so stunned after working with George Hamilton, she didn't know what to make of a young guy who didn't have physical limitations....

Sorry to see Joey go. Would have liked an Emmit/Joey F2, but now I can vote 100% for ES since I can't stand that smug-faced Mario.

I agree that Edyta wasn't the most creative choreographer. I got the impression that she designed the choreography around herself and her glorious long legs. Joey was more of a prop to glamorize her beauty and dancing. On the other hand, both Cheryl and Karina worked to their partners strengths and covered their weaknesses.

Hmmm, good point that I never thought about. Edyta wasn't the most creative choreographer. I did like it when she let Joey cut loose and they had a theme, like with the Singin' in the Rain number and the Addams Family number. Still, Karina and Cheryl are funkier and bring Mario and Emmitt up to that level.

I enjoyed about 90% of their performances, and Joey always put a smile on my face. I'm proud they made it to top 3, and can't wait to see them in the finale.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

I honestly think Edyta's horrific costumes hurt their chances. It's part of the whole package. She might've used her physique to show the lines of the dance, and beautiful costumes to help increase the beauty inherent in ballroom dance. Instead, her baggy, oddly shaped costumes were nothing if not distracting.

I hope next year, the costumers don't let the dancers have as much of a say in the final costume. Take in feedback from the cast, present them with 2 or 3 sketches and let them choose one. Seriously, dancers are not automatically costume designers. It's a separate talent.

I'm not saying that is the reason they left, of course. But I think it may have played a part, and however small, anything detracting at this point is a serious liability.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;2136242;
    I honestly think Edyta's horrific costumes hurt their chances. It's part of the whole package. She might've used her physique to show the lines of the dance, and beautiful costumes to help increase the beauty inherent in ballroom dance. Instead, her baggy, oddly shaped costumes were nothing if not distracting.
    I agree. Her outfits were not charismatic. Same with her hair. She needs to be a bit more theatrical if she's going to take her celebs the distance.

I enjoyed Joey so much. He was my absolute favorite!! I just loved his sweet disposition and positive attitude......and he loves his wife so much. Can't help but love the guy. Hope he finds a great job now---he deserves it.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456