+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Springer & Kym Johnson - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2106849;
    I think Jerry and Kym have decided it's time to leave the show and Jerry made sure of it with his performance last night. He's done so well and made so much effort, but last night it appeared it was more of an effort to screw up than to actually try the dance.

I have a whole new appreciation for Jerry Springer now, though, thanks to this show.
    You will end up losing appreciation for Jerry Springer if you watch his talk show.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2106857;
    You will end up losing appreciation for Jerry Springer if you watch his talk show.
    I've seen bits and pieces over the years and while it completely disgusts me, a few comments Jerry has made in the press (and on DWTS) has made me realize the JS on that show is just a character along with all the other people on the show.

And I've listened to his radio show and I find the man to be intelligent, interesting, caring, and entertaining. So while DWTS has given me a new appreciation for Jerry, my opinion of him (not his talkshow character) has always been very high.

Time for Jerry to go. His Paso Doble was soooo bad, I couldn't watch it. It is a wonderful, exciting dance and should be done that way. It was a parody and a bad one. Bye bye Jerry - you are a sweetie pie, but don't belong in this contest any longer. It is only going to get tougher and it would be a joke to keep him around with the others.

Jerry's talk show is utter silliness. The tag line for the show this year is "an hour of your life you'll never get back". I need a little mindless idiocy in my life, so I'm a semi-regular viewer. Jerry is really the voice of reason in his show, and you can see more of his propensity for one-liners if you watch.

Incidentally, someone in his talk show audience a week or so ago held up a sign that said, "Jerry, you can't dance".
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2109087;
    Incidentally, someone in his talk show audience a week or so ago held up a sign that said, "Jerry, you can't dance".
    It's a pity Mario doesn't have anything better to do with his time...

FORT Fogey
    Kudos to Jerry for both his TV and radio shows. Everyone walks around with a holier-than-thou attitude towards his TV show when, in the end, it is no worse than the highly rated crime-basedl TV shows about murder, rape, and incest. Why do they win emmy's and Jerry is marked as vile when, in fact, Jerry's show deal swith the far more milder side of the human condition (relatively speaking)?

Regarding the radio show....I've never heard it, but I don't think I'd care too much what he had to say one way or another. Jerry has always been political. Again, kudos to him. He's worked hard and earned his spot on the air to spew his opinions. Again, why doe Imus (sp?) and Rush Limbaugh get to lecture and Jerry doesn't?

I'm not saying Jerry is a pilar of virtue. He is not. However, the one thing he has that others don't appears to be honesty with who he is and what his shows are all about. For this reason alone, he stands above the rest, IMHO.

Jerry calls a spad a spade - not a diamond.
    Last edited by Jexter; 10-20-2006 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2109140;
    It's a pity Mario doesn't have anything better to do with his time...

What Jerry should REALLY be doing is prepping for a special Springer show episode featuring all of his fellow DWTS showmates who have fallen into scandal. And frankly, that's more than just Sara and Shanna, since Mario and Willa both have nasty histories too.

Dancing, he should not be doing...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Dude I love this guy! Jerry is the only reason I even watch the show.

I had to post and say: I was just on the phone with a 90 yr. old relative (who's still sharp as a whip btw!), and she was just loving Jerry. She says the show will almost not be watchable without him. She thought it was so funny, the shot of him in those shorts wiggling his behind. She thought his and "his beautiful partner" Kym's waltz was "beautiful" and wondered if that was the same song he'd sing at his daughter's wedding? (I didn't know offhand) Anyway, she says she'll miss him.

I just thought all that was kind of sweet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast