+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Springer & Kym Johnson - Season 3

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    I'm going to post some Jerry Love It's nice to see the part of Jerry that he shows to his loved ones, rather than the personality of the talk show. He won, BIG time for me, when his one goal was to learn to do the waltz for his daughter. Yes, he could have taken lessons, but then we couldn't have traveled with him on his personal journey, could we? I know Jerry won't win, but considering the idiots that I can't stand that either win or get to the top 3 of shows, I'm voting for Jerry each week until someone surpasses my votes.
    I agree with you, lambikins, and I haven't even been voting up until this point.

MRD
    I love Jerry as he's so entertaining and is such a good sport about this and then is so obviously a great father.

I have never been a fan of his TV show, but his political talk radio show on Air America is really good. He is very intelligent and has a nice grasp on American politics. And he pokes fun at himself and his tv show on the radio. He says he does it to make money to finance his real love: his political radio show.

I now know there are many sides to this man other than exploiter of freaks on tv.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fan
    I don't think Jerry could have gotten a better partner. Kym is a good actress on top of her other obvious talents. She has to make the age difference work, and she keeps coming up with characters to play that do make it work. I tuned in late to the waltz, but Kym made me instantly understand that the dance was about a father dancing with a daughter that had just grown into a young lady.

FORT Fogey
    Poor Jerry, I think he felt bad about Willa being voted out instead of him. He even said it wasn't fair, if you read his lips, and he tried to say to take him instead to TB, but Willa grabbed him and said No!

I think Jerry recognizes that he is entertaining, but that Willa was a better dancer than probably most of the other contestants. I still don't know who she is, but she was better than Sara or Monique and should have been the last female star standing in the competition.

I agree. She should have been the last female star standing. The Sara Evans country music fans are keeping her afloat. Should be a more fair competition.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I love Jerry as he's so entertaining and is such a good sport about this and then is so obviously a great father.

I have never been a fan of his TV show, but his political talk radio show on Air America is really good. He is very intelligent and has a nice grasp on American politics. And he pokes fun at himself and his tv show on the radio. He says he does it to make money to finance his real love: his political radio show.

I now know there are many sides to this man other than exploiter of freaks on tv.
    I'm so glad that the Kinder/Gentler Jerry is coming out to play. There's been loads of interviews with him and his daughter; who knew she was legally blind and partially deaf, to boot!

He treats her as the Princess that all daddies should treat their daughters, and he just sees LOVE rather than handicaps. Since the winner only gets a shiny/glowy Disco Ball, I really don't care who wins. The trophy will end up in the thrift store in a matter of months, anyway. So, I'll keep giving my 8 votes to Jerry and his creaky back and aching knees. I can identify with him more than I can the spry youngsters, anywho.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fogey
    I could kick myself because I missed Jerry doing the Tennessee waltz for his daughter. I didn't know his daughter was legally blind and partially deaf.

Jerry has his priorities straight. I love him. But....I think he wouldn't be as charming with just another dancer. Kym is wonderful. she is eternally positive and supportive. I think she is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I could kick myself because I missed Jerry doing the Tennessee waltz for his daughter. I didn't know his daughter was legally blind and partially deaf.
    Here are 2 links to Jerry and Kym's waltz, Jexter:

Jerry and Kym's Waltz, DWtS Week 4

DWtS at myoxisbroken.com
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2103427;
    Here are 2 links to Jerry and Kym's waltz, Jexter:

Jerry and Kym's Waltz, DWtS Week 4

DWtS at myoxisbroken.com
    Thanks Nemeses!!!! What a nice surprise!!!

FORT Fogey
    I think Jerry and Kym have decided it's time to leave the show and Jerry made sure of it with his performance last night. He's done so well and made so much effort, but last night it appeared it was more of an effort to screw up than to actually try the dance.

I have a whole new appreciation for Jerry Springer now, though, thanks to this show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast