+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Master P on trial for gun charges

Master P on trial for gun charges

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...rtainment=true

LOS ANGELES Feb 27, 2006 (AP) A day after appearing on the "Dancing With the Stars" finale, Master P headed to court Monday where a judge ordered the hip-hop mogul and his younger brother to stand trial on weapons charges.

Master P, 38, whose real name is Percy Miller, and his brother Vyshonn Miller, 30, also a rapper who uses the stage name Silkk The Shocker, were arrested last month for carrying unregistered guns.

University of California at Los Angeles police spotted the weapons during a traffic stop. Prosecutors said the officers found a semiautomatic handgun under the seat of Master P, who was the passenger, and a revolver under the seat of his brother, who was driving.

Each was charged with one felony count of carrying an unregistered, loaded firearm. They face up to three years in state prison if convicted, prosecutors said.

Both are free on bail and are scheduled to return to court March 13 for arraignment.

Master P, founder and CEO of No Limit Records, paired with professional dancer Ashly DelGrosso for "Dancing With the Stars" after his teen rapper son, Lil' Romeo, dropped out of the ABC reality competition because of a basketball injury. He was rejected after the fourth show, but returned for a last dance Sunday.

In recent years, Master P has tried out for different NBA teams, including the Sacramento Kings and the Denver Nuggets. He also starred with his son on the Nickelodeon TV show "Romeo!"

I just don't get it. People who get great opportunities, become successful, have the chance to be great role models...BLOW IT! How dumb can you be?

If they don't feel safe, can't they afford a bodyguard? To carry around a not only a gun, but a LOADED gun? Dumb. Da-Dumb DUMB!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I just don't get it. People who get great opportunities, become successful, have the chance to be great role models...BLOW IT! How dumb can you be?

If they don't feel safe, can't they afford a bodyguard? To carry around a not only a gun, but a LOADED gun? Dumb. Da-Dumb DUMB!
    I agree. Some people are just so stupid.

Well, seems to me that as long as you're going to carry an illegal gun around, to carry it unloaded would be stupid. Presumably he had it for a reason, and my guess is that "prop" was not the reason.

Not to condone his act. But if I felt it necessary to carry an illegal gun, you can bet it would be loaded.

-- X
    Dictum ad tua mater.

Seems to me, the issue of carrying a gun would be pretty twisty for a rapper these days. On one hand, in certain circumstances, they have to be able to pull it out and brandish it around to "prove" to certain people they are still "street'. On the other hand, he's got a kid, who even lame brained P must not want to give easy access to a loaded gun. On the third hand, as bothersome and cliched as it may seem to say it, the truth is a lot of rappers DO seem to get caught up in shootouts and such, be it because of the company or some neighborhood they insist on visiting. Imagine being the ONE rapper in the crowd with no gun? I imagine in a misguided way it could seem dangerous, in ignorance of the all-too-better logic that instead they should simply be changing the company and locations they keep to. As for having a bodyguard? I bet they do, in the guise of "a posse", but not having a gun yourself as well is made out to be somewhat emasculating, isn't it?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

pretty sad when you live in a culture that having a gun is a status symbol to your success like a rolex watch????? I'm confused

+ Reply to Thread