+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2/17 Results Show **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    I was surprised to hear Lisa say that Louie was her soulmate with hubby watching. It was sad to see both of them both crying, and your right, her husband looked really sad. The lady next to him was wiping tears too.

she said he was A SOULMATE..just like some of my best friends are!! Harry is her husband and there is no doubt about their relationship!

Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy View Post
    I am also thrilled that Lisa is gone -- she just got in Jerry's way!!!
    if she got in his way it is because she was better then him by a mile. I love Jerry but he is not a better dancer than Lisa!!!

Jerry does NOT deserve to win it all...Drew and Stacey are miles above him and either one of them should be the winner! enjoy Jerry one more week but he should not win the crown..... if he does it will truly be a popularity contest rather than a dance contest.

Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy View Post
    I've kept quiet and just observed what was going on here -- but no more!!!

I am a Jerry Rice fan and proud of it! I was very thrilled that he made it inito the finals! It would be a hoot if Stacy & Drew got top marks (which they probably will next week) and Jerry ended up with the trophy (although I wouldn't mind Stacy or Drew winning either)! I am also thrilled that Lisa is gone -- she just got in Jerry's way!!!

I like this season of DWTS much better than last season. Unfortunately, I think that the judges are biased (especially towards Jerry -- praising him and then giving him 6s and 7s) and that ruins some of the fun of this wonderful show. They were also biased last season when they gave Kelly Monaco a perfect score at the last minute! I also think that Carrie Ann is biased towards Stacy and Len is biased towards Drew.

That's all I have to say for now...
    Oh, didn't you hear? Stacy said that Carrie Ann has been basically out to get her from the beginning.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Erika221 View Post
    I actually think that Bruno is the biased one for Stacy and Carrie Ann is biased against her, so hopefully their bias will cancel each other out and Drew can win!
    Stacy could sit in a chair filing her nails for the entire performance and Bruno would give her a 10. He's so biased and drooling over her legs its disgusting.

I want Drew to win and I too have wondered if his wife would make it all the way before having the baby.

Lisa did work really hard and I have to admit that while I didn't like her, I did admire her work ethic and involvement and felt she was cheated a bit.

HOWEVER, I think Jerry has shown himself to be a class act, a role model and a credit to his race, gender and profession. So many men think that dancing is sissy and beneath them and pro atheletes especially have a macho man image that I have a lot of respect for Jerry to have taken this on and done it so well and with such style and grace and for saying what he said on Thur night after the judges blasted him.
    He also showed Master P what a black man CAN accomplish and do it without being an embarrassment to everyone.

While I don't think he should have gone to the finals, I am glad in a way because he does represent a segment of the population that needs to see someone like Jerry do this and do it well and do it without embarrassment or grandstanding or "for a cause" or anything.
    I think he is much more of a role model for kids than Lisa and therefore in that situation, I'm glad he is in the finals. Black or white, I think a kid seeing him taking on dancing after having a pro football career is a HUGE influence for all the boys and girls out there that think dancing is something stupid.

However, can you imagine seeing that disco ball next to all those football trophies?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I was shocked to see Lisa get voted off last night. By no means was she my favorite but she did give it her all. I didn't figure she would win over Drew or Stacy, but she did deserve to go to the finals. I love Jerry to death, but he wasn't the better dancer. Lisa really seemed to enjoy dancing...I bet she keeps it up as a hobby.

That said, how tacky is that trophy? I didn't watch last season, is that the same thing they gave out before? Yikes.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Yes....sadly enough that is the same trophy. It is quite interesting - for lack of a better word
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fan
    this show really confuses me. someone earlier said that all of the contestants are doing something outside of their comfort zone. I'm not sure that is true, and that is the basis of my confusion. Stacy came into the competition light years ahead of some of the others in terms of dance training and performance, so how can you compare her progress to, say, that of Master P. or Jerry Rice. And if it is not progress, but competence that is the determining factor, then why even include Jerry Rice or Master P. or any of the others who lack the same level of pre-competition experience and training? And the voting...how about after starting with a completely mismatched set of contestants, we then let the audience determine not who is the better dancer, or most improved, or whatever the criteria is that we are using, but we let them vote for the contestant they like the best or against the contestant they dislike the most. confusion, confusion...what exactly is the point of this "competition"?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by dondiego View Post
    this show really confuses me. someone earlier said that all of the contestants are doing something outside of their comfort zone. I'm not sure that is true, and that is the basis of my confusion. Stacy came into the competition light years ahead of some of the others in terms of dance training and performance, so how can you compare her progress to, say, that of Master P. or Jerry Rice. And if it is not progress, but competence that is the determining factor, then why even include Jerry Rice or Master P. or any of the others who lack the same level of pre-competition experience and training? And the voting...how about after starting with a completely mismatched set of contestants, we then let the audience determine not who is the better dancer, or most improved, or whatever the criteria is that we are using, but we let them vote for the contestant they like the best or against the contestant they dislike the most. confusion, confusion...what exactly is the point of this "competition"?
    Unfortunately, same as any other reality TV show that allows the viewers/fans/haters to vote....usually you spend the majority of the time pulling your hair out because there's always at least one person that you cannot believe continues to go forward but usually the better person does pull ahead....its what makes these boards go like lightning and keeps us coming back for more on the TV shows....!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fan
    my problem is in determining how to judge the "better person". best dancer? most improved? best performer? It would seem predictable to be me that an audience vote would be based on popularity, but how can the judges compare let's say my piano playing after 4 weeks of lessons (never having had a previous lesson), to someone who has had 10 years of instruction? It would seem ludicrous that the experieced player and I would even be in the same competition.

" Jerry has shown himself to be a class act, a role model and a credit to his race, gender and profession".......

I do not know how you cannot say the same for Lisa!!!!!

She represents all the sexy women over 40!!!!

+ Reply to Thread