+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2/17 Results Show **Spoilers**

How was Michael Buble' I came home early just to see him? The show does not begin for an hour here!

What an episode!

I've kept quiet and just observed what was going on here -- but no more!!!

I am a Jerry Rice fan and proud of it! I was very thrilled that he made it inito the finals! It would be a hoot if Stacy & Drew got top marks (which they probably will next week) and Jerry ended up with the trophy (although I wouldn't mind Stacy or Drew winning either)! I am also thrilled that Lisa is gone -- she just got in Jerry's way!!!

I like this season of DWTS much better than last season. Unfortunately, I think that the judges are biased (especially towards Jerry -- praising him and then giving him 6s and 7s) and that ruins some of the fun of this wonderful show. They were also biased last season when they gave Kelly Monaco a perfect score at the last minute! I also think that Carrie Ann is biased towards Stacy and Len is biased towards Drew.

That's all I have to say for now...
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally View Post
    How was Michael Buble' I came home early just to see him? The show does not begin for an hour here!
    I was kind of disappointed in him tonite. Maybe it was just me, but a lot of times he sounded a little off key (or pitchy as they'd say on AI).

The whole show was a letdown IMO -- his singing was off and the wrong person was eliminated. (I love Jerry Rice to pieces, and have really enjoyed watching him over the weeks, but tonite should have been the end for him.)

Using another AI line: Tonite America got it wrong.
    Love lives forever <3

I just bawled my eyes out. Lisa should not have been eliminated, in my opinion. Micheal Buble was simply amazing though.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Watched the show and the sound was not perfect on Michaels performances but he still is fabulous in my eyes. Love that voice!!!

Still bawling over Lisa's exit.....I gave her one vote last night and the others to my favorite Drew who just has to win this....Nick made me cry as well in the family part.

Lisa you are my hometown gal and what a gracious class act!! There was not a dry eye in my living room .....Your beautiful ...girl....don't you ever forget that! You did not get in Jerry's way, you deserved to go one more week!
    Last edited by cabernetCally; 02-18-2006 at 12:23 AM.

FORT Newbie
    I was really impressed with the class shown by Lisa and Louis throughout. One thing that I liked about her is that I don't think she ever argued with the judges. She listened to their critiques and tried to improve, and I really thought she did. In the beginning of the series, I liked Lisa but I thought she was too nervous and didn't show enough control or flexibility to get past about the midpoint of the series. I thought Drew, Stacy, and Giselle were the standouts, and I was sorry to see Giselle go as early as she did. As the show progressed, and the pros and celebrities developed relationships, Lisa and Drew became my favorites because the connections between them and their respective partners were clear. It didn't hurt that Cheryl and Louis did some excellent choreography.

Jerry should be commended for his hard work, and for going outside his comfort zone. But really, most of the celebrities did that, and certainly all four of the semifinalists did. I just hope that when it comes time to award the trophy, it goes to the pair who is best on the dance floor.

My theory is that the producers are orchestrating the Jerry votes, insuring not only that he made it into the finals, but that he will WIN next week.

Then...they can send Drew and Stacie around to all the talk shows demonstrating how good they really are and bitching about fairness until ABC schedules a REMATCH.

A rematch? Controversy...hype...keeping the show in the public eye longer.

Then in the rematch, Stacie or Drew...probably Drew...will win and Jerry will have to return the cheesy disco ball.

Hey...it worked last year for O'Hurley!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Primetimetommie View Post
    My theory is that the producers are orchestrating the Jerry votes, insuring not only that he made it into the finals, but that he will WIN next week.

Then...they can send Drew and Stacie around to all the talk shows demonstrating how good they really are and bitching about fairness until ABC schedules a REMATCH.

A rematch? Controversy...hype...keeping the show in the public eye longer.

Then in the rematch, Stacie or Drew...probably Drew...will win and Jerry will have to return the cheesy disco ball.

Hey...it worked last year for O'Hurley!!!!!
    That would be the only reason I could see that Jerry stays. Yeah, I like him too BUT...he is NOT a better dancer than Lisa . I was so sad to see her leave. I had my tissue ready for the little documentary from Drews brother who I knew from the previews was going to make me cry. I'm such a weepy when it comes to stuff like this.

Now that I have finished crying I just really MaD

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    I was surprised to hear Lisa say that Louie was her soulmate with hubby watching. It was sad to see both of them both crying, and your right, her husband looked really sad. The lady next to him was wiping tears too.
    I don't think she said "he is MY soulmate." I think that she said that he was "a soulmate." I just took it to mean that he is one of those people with whom you feel a deep and immediate connection that goes way beyond what you can logically explain--it's like you've known each other before.

I thought it was very sweet, and it didn't seem to bother Harry, since he gave Louis a big, long hug and seemed to really appreciate him and what he had done with/for Lisa.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy View Post
    I also think that Carrie Ann is biased towards Stacy and Len is biased towards Drew.
    I actually think that Bruno is the biased one for Stacy and Carrie Ann is biased against her, so hopefully their bias will cancel each other out and Drew can win!

+ Reply to Thread