+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: 1/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    WEll those of you that missed some of the dancing tonight, it will ALL be recapped ad nauseum tomorrow night, I'm sure.
    I think they said last week the only way you can see them now is live on Thursdays.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan View Post
    I am os mad that I missed Drew dance. With hockey I keep forgetting about my reality TV *bangs head on wall*

I want to see Drew. Damn...he got a 10...awesome!
    I actually watched the show and turned back to hockey during the commercials. It was a good game too! I guess I'm hooked on this silly show

BTW - Drew deserved the 10!

Quote Originally Posted by ACE77 View Post
    cool! i hope he goes HOME! thanks!!
    Didn't he have the same score last week? And didn't go home?

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Didn't he have the same score last week? And didn't go home?
    I'm not saying he'll go home, but last week, I think he got a 14, and Jerry 18. That's not much of a gap, but this time, there's a much larger span for audience voting to overcome. However, I think he came in pretty high last week, so who knows?
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Dayum! P was in Salt Lake within a couple of blocks of me, and I missed it. I never have any luck.

I really was crushed that I missed seeing the Amazing Race foks, though.

ETA: I felt kind of sorry for P (except when he was plugging his stupid CD--ARGGH!). He looked kind of hurt and really uncomfortable when the judges were raking him over the coals. I'm sure that nothing would make him happier than to get off of this show at this point.

P actually did look like he was trying (at least in the beginning of the dance). He totally sucks, but he's finally gotten up to Kenny Mayne's level, and seeing him try some moves and look so awkward gave me the best laugh I had all night--well, except for some of George's lines.
    As understandible as it is to have this attitude, the flip side is that many people can't see past it when voting. They want to throw sympathy and "he tried hard" votes in, and well... frequently those (especially combined with his hard core fans and those people who maniacally vote 15 times just for him) outnumber the people who vote for someone like Tia, who's only obsessively worshiped by us slightly older "Wayne's World" era voters.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Newbie
    I may have once again come too late to the party but here's my two cents for what it's worth.

It appears to me that the judges have become irrelevant. They have consistently placed P dead last every single week and yet he is still in this competition. Why? Because the scoring it not based on total points but on placement. They could give him all zeros but he would still get a score of 1 for being in last place. The next person above him could get a 25 from the judges but would only get a score of 2 for being in second to the last place. He only has to place somewhere in the middle of the pack with the voting public every week to stay in the competition. I really think that more weight needs to be given to the judges scores, after all they are the professionals.

As someone who loves to watch good dancing and loved the first season, this one has been very frustrating for me. In the first show of the first season I did not like Kelly Monaco and if it had been up to me she would have been kicked off first. But to her credit she worked really hard and improved a lot and by the end I really did like her dancing (although I didn't think she deserved three perfect tens on the final show.) But P has made no effort to improve and doesn't even care about this. Sadly I think George and Edyta will get the boot this week and although George is not the best dancer technically he is very entertaining and I've enjoyed watching him immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    As understandible as it is to have this attitude, the flip side is that many people can't see past it when voting. They want to throw sympathy and "he tried hard" votes in, and well... frequently those (especially combined with his hard core fans and those people who maniacally vote 15 times just for him) outnumber the people who vote for someone like Tia, who's only obsessively worshiped by us slightly older "Wayne's World" era voters.
    Well, you'll be happy to know that I didn't give P and votes and I gave Tia more votes than any of my other favs (Drew, Stacy, and Jerry).

She was definitely the most improved this week. Quite lovely! (and might I add, she looks more like the Wayne's World Tia--or at least the True Lies one--each week. My friends that I watch with agreed that she might be the come-from-behind celeb to watch.

Hey, Ms. Froggy, sorry to ruffle your feathers (or whatever frogs have that can be ruffled ). In response to your actual quesiton, maybe the matador was from Brooklyn and commutes to Spain.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill View Post
    I think Stacy is lucky to have him. He is obviously a master choreographer, and he presents her extremely well.
    Well, he's a master something anyway. You won't be surprised to hear that I disagree with this assessment. By picking the tango which was difficult and actually painful for Stacy last week instead of the jive which she has some experience with he made it clear that as far as he is concerned this is all about him. I find his choreography for the most part dull and repetitive. She is doing well in spite of him not because of him. In addition I don't want to miss the opportunity to say that he acts like a jerk.

I never vote, but if there was an anti-vote for P, I would be forced to participate. George is great fun and I would hate to see him go, but if Tia or Drew go before P, I will be outraged.

This is one of my favorite reality shows.

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=Miss_Griss;1754016]
    She was definitely the most improved this week. Quite lovely! (and might I add, she looks more like the Wayne's World Tia--or at least the True Lies one--each week. My friends that I watch with agreed that she might be the come-from-behind celeb to watch.

I think Tia is gorgeous - such elegance and grace about her dancing. I always throw several votes her way, not just because she deserves them but also because I don't think she has the fan base of a certain unmentionable person. I hope she goes far.

Week 4 is so AWSOME!!! It's makes me feel like get up and on dance . It's makes me feel like I want to go on Dancing with the Stars.
    Anyways, all the stars dance so great except Master P and Tia. Stacy dance the Fox Trot so elegant. Lisa jammed the Pasa Doble , it is AWSOME!! Drew can dance the best Pasa Doble EVER!! And Jerry Rice, best comeback ever. I love the way Jerry dance the Fox Trot.
    I love Dancing with The Stars, and the #1 dance reality show. I wish Bob Barker from The Price is Right should be on Dancing with the STars.

+ Reply to Thread